Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's Coming Up Roses...

I'm learning firsthand how awesome the blogging community can be. This was a fun week, as I won 2 blog contests & got them both in the mail. First, Francie, at The Scented Cottage, was giving away these beautiful wooden roses with a rose scented sachet & she added in a spray of gardenia scent, so I entered her drawing and WON! I never win anything, so I was pretty thrilled to win them. And then, Linda T, at Reminisce, was giving away hollyhock seeds to several bloggers & I won some of those seeds too. How fun it is to go to the mailbox & find little gifts from blogging friends. It made my week! Thanks, ladies...can't wait to put these to good use. Linda, as soon as I can get out there, I'll find a place for these hollyhock seeds to grow. I've never grown hollyhocks, so I hope they do well here.

Just to get you ready for summer, here's a pic of a fruit salad I made this week. My hubby and I both love fruit, so I had on hand kiwi, bananas, strawberries, grapes, & pears and this combo made such a nice fruit salad with dinner. Hope you get out there & get your fruit too. This is a prelude to summer fruits which I love so much..watermelon, honeydew, & peaches, especially! Can't wait for those to come in strong!

Posted by Picasa

Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 friends stopped by:

Marilyn in NM said...

Rhoda, the fruit salad looks scrumptious! DH & I have been eating fresh fruit for about 10 days now as part of a healthy cleanse that we decided to do. I'm so ready for summer and more available fruit. Fresh is definitely best!
Congratulations on winning the blog contests....how fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Isn't wonderful to get beautiful, terrific smelling mail?

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Just had a fruit salad for lunch, now you make me want more :)
I'm happy you are enjoying the roses and that you found good things in your mailbox.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Rhoda, You've made me hungry! I have bluberries, strawberries and a sweet smelling cantaloupe, guess I'll have that for lunch. Yummy

La Tea Dah said...

Yum! Could we meet half way? You bring the fruit salad --- I'll bring the tea --- and we can picnic like somewhere, errrr, in the Rocky Mountains? Wouldn't that be FUN?

Enjoy a great day! I love the things you won. Roses are always a winner!

Candy said...

The salad...Yum... :)
The roses....you know how much I like roses especially pink and white roses...

Candy
candyandroses.blogspot.com

PAT said...

Hi Rhoda!

I put together a fruit salad today. Just used some fruit I had here at home. It tastes pretty good, but it isn't as pretty as yours. Those strawberries and grapes really make your salad pretty and I know it tastes good, too.

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Betty said...

We must be on the same wave length today. I made a fruit salad today using sugar free vanilla pudding, 3 packs of Splenda and all kinds of fruit. It's like a dessert but sugar free. My son-in-law is diabetic and he likes this.

Thanks for the visit and the sweet comment on my grandson Drew......

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,
Taking a break from writing and sewing the prototype on my new bedding line I am designing, to say Thank-you for getting the May Romantic Homes issue. I can't believe walmart would have it!
xo
Robin

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I love hollyhocks. Their such a charming old fashioned flower. They do well here so I imagine you shouldn't have problem. The roses are beautiful. It's fun getting wonderful things in the mail!

Manuela

Betty Jo said...

Congratulations on our wins Rhoda. It couldn't have happened to a sweeter person. Your fruit salad is beautiful and looks so good. We love fruit too and eat lots of fruit salads like this during the summer. It's our main dessert. xoxo

Betty Jo said...

LOL! I meant to say "your" wins, not our wins, unless of course you want to share your gifts with me!! LOL

Tracey said...

Yummy! That fruit is making my mouth water!

Susie Q said...

There is nothing tastier or prettier to look at than a fruit salad! Your is gorgeous!

Love those roses too. : )

I had to smile when I read your post about your Barbie. Would you believe that I gave away 6 Barbies (Vintage 1957-1967)and their clothes/houses/cars. etc. to a young family with 2 little girls? I was 18 and in college and the thought that I would WANT these later on did not cross my mind! ARGH.....my brother always says those people probably sold it all and retired to Florida years ago! *laugh*

Hugs,
Sue

Tina Leigh said...

As pretty as that fruit salad is...well...I hate fruit...all fruit! Yes I know I am weird! My husband tells me all the time! Now if that was a chocolate salad...a mixture of dark, milk chocolate, truffles...OH YEAH!! Now we're talking!! LOL! The seeds were a nice surprise. You will have to show us the end result!

Tamer Nabil Moussa said...

Congratulations, my friend be beautiful life with everything we love rights and have the time of the exercise what we love happy days

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Sounds like you are having an extra lucky week! Sweet roses, and aren't holly hocks just the prettiest?

Sandy said...

MMmmm, looks delicious!
It's almost that time... my strawberries are starting to flower!
Happy Weekend!

Southern Heart said...

Hi Rhoda...thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. I'm so blessed by your friendship! I'm so excited for you on your new treasures! The roses are so pretty (lovely color) and hollyhocks are among my favorites. I think that they will do well where you live. The like to be against fences, or you can stake them with bamboo stakes as they get tall.

The fruit salad looks delicious. I really enjoy fruit, too...and that salad is so pretty!

I hope that you have a good weekend,

Andrea

Jen Kershner said...

The fruit salad looks wonderful. I crave it all year long but especially during the warm months.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fruit salad! Can I have some? I'm SO happy you are "feeling the love" of this blogging world ~ you deserve it and we are blessed to have you be a part of it. Enjoy your new treasures!
xo,
Kim