Saturday, May 31, 2008

Simple Easy Strawberry Pineapple Shortcake

This set of electric wall sconces is available again if anyone would like to purchase them. $15, plus shipping. Please email me if you're interested. They are really cute and would be great in the right spot. They measure 12" tall x 4 1/2" wide. Need to be wired into the wall.
***************************
Now, here's the recipe!

This is for those times you don't want to make cake from scratch, but you need something yummy to feed several people. Got this recipe from my Aunt Mary in Florida and I think I remembered it right. It's delicious and uses storebought angel food cake. Can't get easier than that! I made this for us for Memorial Day and we really enjoyed it.

Here's what you need:

Easy Strawberry-Pineapple Shortcake

1 Angel food cake
1 box Instant Vanilla pudding
1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, Juice Drained
1 small container Cool Whip
Frozen or fresh strawberries, sliced with juice and/or sugar added.

You can make this as light as you'd like by using Sugar free pudding, light Cool Whip and no extra sugar added to the strawberries. It's light and delish, perfect for summer! Prepare one box instant vanilla pudding, put in fridge until set, then add the can of crushed pineapple and mix well. Slice the cake twice around the diameter, making 3 layers.
Add pudding mixture between both layers and also on top of cake, placing each layer of cake back on as you go. It's OK if the pudding oozes out of the cake, this makes it really yummy. Sit in fridge for a couple of hours and the pudding mixture will soak into the cake.
Slice yourself a big ole' chunk of cake, add the crushed strawberries and a dollop of whipcream and have yourself a lip-smacking time!

I warned you....it's good!

I've got some fun yardsale finds to share with you on Monday! It was a fun weekend. Also, wanted to mention if any of you are looking for some Neutrogena Sunless Tanner....I found a box for $7 at Big Lots with the Sunless Tanner Mousse, Exfoliator, and Face Sunless Tanner (all 3 in the same box). I thought that was a great price, so you might check out your Big Lots too.

Happy Weekend!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 friends stopped by:

Jenny said...

That looks REALLY good. It looks like a good summery dessert too with fruit and cool from the frig.

Anonymous said...

OMIGOSH, now that looks delicious! What presentation. I'll definately be trying that this summer.

Thanks for the Big Lots bargain, too. I love the sunless tanners these days. No more orange! Remember that? lol

Anonymous said...

That looks sinful! I will definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a way to start my day with thoughts of that scrumptious pineapple delight! I will put that one in my "new recipes to try" file! Thanks.

OKGardners said...

Looks wonderful! One question though ... Do you drain the crushed pineapple before adding to pudding mixture??

Betty

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Betty, Yes, I did drain most of the juice from the pineapple before adding it. I just press down on the lid and drain that way, so it doesn't get it all out, but most of it. Good point, I'll go back & add that!

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

This is not helping my summer diet before I have to get in a bathing suit in three weeks. That looks scrumptious!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh My Word! That looks and sounds delish!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs!
Kat

Fran said...

Oh my goodness! I gotta make it! I guess I will be going to the grocery store tomorrow after all....

Fran

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and I believe I can make it for my sisters, both diabetics. Sugar free angel food cake is very good. Light pineapple and Splenda,if needed. Yum, Yum!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Jeanne

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Rhoda!!
Just coming by to say Hi and see if you had a good weekend! This recipe looks great, yumm! I may of gained a couple of pounds just looking at it!

XO,
DL

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

ohhh Rhoda,almost all of my flavorites in one recipe !

You have the best recipes so why are you so slender and I'm not? I'm just askin'.........

(())

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh soooooo yummy!
You are the BEST chef girlfriend! Please adopt me!

xo,
Kim

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love quick and easy recipes like this to keep on hand for when I don't have much time but need something fabulous. Yum! -Julia :-)

Susie Q said...

So, so good! We love Strawberry anything here! Thanks for this recipe!

Love,
Sue

Sheila said...

Yummmy....it looks great. We have a grower that lives couple miles from me. We get our strawberry fresh picked. I made strawberry freezer jam this year..fun...yummy too.
I love your yardsale finds, you are really good at finding great deals.
smile :)
Sheila

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh YUM!! I'll be making that. Thanks for the recipe Miss Rhoda!

I can't believe your yard sale finds again over the weekend!! Crazy good.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Girl, I made this today and even did a post about it! Unbelievable good!!! Thanks for the recipe. Nancy