Sunday, August 24, 2008

Parmesan Chicken


We're back from a loverly trip to the mountains! Enjoy this recipe and I'll share pics on Monday of our trip. It was heavenly and boy, did we eat a lot of food. You may enjoy seeing all the fresh veggies that we ate and brought home, as well as the beautiful mountains of NC.

Here's another really good chicken recipe that I've had for a long time. I think I got this from my friend Judy, in Atlanta.

Parmesan Chicken

2 to 3 slices white bread (I use wheat & add 1/2 Italian breadcrumbs)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 TBS melted butter or margarine
2/3 cup Dijon mustard
3 TBL white wine
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( of course, you can cut this down & only make 3 or 4)

Tear bread in pieces, put in food processor/blender & process until coarse crumbs form. Pour crumbs into a pan, mix with Parmesan cheese and butter.

In another pan, mix mustard & wine. Coat chicken in mustard mixture, dip both sides of breast in crumb mixture. Place in greased baking dish. Bake in a 500* oven until golden & chicken is white in thickest part, about 20 min. Check for doneness.

This makes 8 servings, so reduce as needed for less chicken breasts. It's really good and has a great flavor. A little twist to plain ole' chicken. I'm bummed, cause when I made this last week & went to wash my Pampered Chef baking dish, it cracked! It must have still been too warm when I started to wash it. Now I'll have to find another one....oh well, this one came from a yardsale and I bet I can find another one eventually.
Have a great Sunday! See you soon...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 friends stopped by:

Jen said...

So funny you did this post today...I made this last night...and yum yum...we love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda, I can't wait to try this one. Thank you for sharing. And speaking of sharing, I've been sharing your blog with all of my "Canasta Club" friends. They love you too!

Hugs,
Judy (in McDonough)

duchess said...

This looks yummy. I'll have to see if the fussy kids will like it.

Glad you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! Do you really bake at 500 degrees?

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious, Rhoda.

I'm looking forward to your trip report.

Caren said...

That sounds really delish! I'll be trying it for sure.

Bo said...

I fixed your Asian Slaw for my gal pals Friday and it was a big hit...I have some chicken breasts in the freezer just screaming at me to do SOMETHING with them...so this idea is coming at the right time... ;0( Bo

Trixi said...

Rhoda,
This sounds so yummy.
I'm glad you are back and had a great trip!

nikkicrumpet said...

YUM...I just wish these recipes came with cooks to prepare them!!!

Happy@Home said...

Hi Rhoda,

Boy, does that ever look yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Might I ask 2 more questions about signatures on my posts? Do you know how I can get rid of the border around it? Also, do you know how I can move the signature to the bottom of the post when I am doing a post with no photos?

Thank you so much for answering my questions as I continue to learn the ins & outs of blogging.

I am anxiously awaiting your post on your visit to your parents.

Kim

Karen said...

That looks yummy and I will make it soon!

Do you have any experience in spray painting the mat from a picture? I have inherited some pictures I like only the frames. I want to put family pictures in them. The mats are rose. Should I try to spray them something neutral?

Blogger said...

That's looks very good :)

Bella

Joy said...

Rhoda,
Yummy chicken! I'll have to try that recipe.
The paint color that I used is from Kwal Paint Stores. I'm not sure if they're a nation wide company though.
The color is called Lucinda and it's from their Historic Colors of America line. I love it! It's such a rich color, and very similar to the blue in Restoration Hardware bags, but maybe a bit deeper.
I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

sounds nice, I just got some chicken out of the freezer for tonight, I'm going to try it

just read through all your answers, phew some great advice, and lucky your on the blog meets, I've had one blog meet and it was great!

can't wait to see the pics from the mountains

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Rhoda. I can always count on you for some good new recipes:)

Wendy said...

You have such a wonderful blog...thanks for visiting mine!

Justabeachkat said...

Glad you had a good trip.

The recipe sounds delish.

Hugs!
Kat

Kathy said...

Looks divine, Rhoda!
Kathy

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Yummy, I'll add to my "Must Try" list!!

Glad you had a good trip. Can't wait to see pictures!

Blessings,

Sher