Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekly Finds

Saturday, I hit just a few sales before spin class and came up with some fun little treasures. There were 2 in my neighborhood and one house has some cute little garden items. This little ceramic frog bird feeder was $1.
And the Chef Bunny holding the chalkboard (that came from Steinmart, with the sticker price of $40 on bottom) was $1. I don't have that much kitchen counter space, but maybe I can find a spot for him.

On the practical side, I am going to need some rings for my new black/white damask drape in the guestroom redo and these were 25 cents. Perfect! They will be sprayed black, of course.
Another frog chime was 25 cents.
Pretty blue butterfly was 50 cents. Some days I get a lot for just a couple of dollars.
And last, a really cool iron chandelier that I'm going to hang in my black/tan toile cottage guestroom. I think I have enough fabric left to cover the shades in toile. I think this will be a pretty addition for $10.
This is the bottom side that will be seen while it's hanging.
I'm going to slow down from the yardsales very soon. Time to start working on that black/white guestroom and time to stop bringing more stuff home. Of course, my yardsale will help to get rid of some of the extras next weekend! My hubby will be happy about that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

43 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

Looks like you found some wonderful treasures, Rhoda! I can't bring anything else home, either...my husband kept saying we've got way too much stuff after our recent move!!!

Hope you have fun and do well with your upcoming yardsale...I've no doubt you will!

Have a great Monday & a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Love the rabbit holding the chalkboard, and what a deal you got! The garden decor is really cute. They will really add a touch of fun to your garden areas.
Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!
~Jen

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
I love your finds...especially the garden treasures. One thing about going to yard sales..you have enough so you can rotate your decor in places...makes it all seem new again!
Have a great day
Diane

KristenfromNY said...

What great finds, Rhoda! I can't wait to see the guest room; I'm sure it will be beautiful as always.

I'll have to try your orzo recipe. I have one that I just tried recently that was very good too:

1 box orzo, prepared
1/2 cup red onion diced fine
1 tub of crumbled feta
1 bag of craisins
1 bag of dried apricots, diced

The secret is the dressing. Use 1 Good Seasonings make your own dressing packet with white balsamic as the vinegar. Then instead of the water use orange juice.

Just thought I'd share another different salad that is so yummy.

Three Birds Inspired said...

I am absolutely in love with your new chandelier! Lucky, lucky you!!

Marie said...

Great finds! I really love that leaf chandelier! I haven't been to yard sales in months...and there were lots around here this weekend. Oh well.

Kristi said...

You still find some GREAT buys Rhoda! I love the thrill of the hunt! :)
Kristi

Missy Wertz said...

I can't believe you had a yard sale and then went yard saling! LOL! My DH would shoot me dead! I wanted to go to one in my neighborhood so bad, but I was so busy and would have had to sneak out and come back and pray that no one would notice.

Great finds!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK...you will have to email me so I can coem and shop...and meet you!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Oh my! You find the best stuff! This is prime yard sale time down here, because the cooler weather makes it so enjoyable.
You are only about 3 hours north of me, but do you find that is true also in your area?

Adrienne said...

You did a great job finding new treasures. I found some great things, too, and hope to share them soon. I have to slow down long enough to take pictures.

Do I see a frog theme here? Someone must have liked frogs. The birdfeeder is darling and that chef rabbit is wonderful. You can sure do a lot with him! The chandelier will be perfect in your new room. Can't wait to see it all put together.
~Adrienne~

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Rhoda you found some great stuff! Love that cute chef bunny! You could ebay whatever you don't want after sprucing things up with paint & make money on the great stuff you find! I went garage saling this past weekend as well & found a couple things. Will post them tomorrow.

Angie said...

You must have the best sales where you live! I go to some good one too, but the things you find are just awesome! I cannnot believe you got the bunny chef for $1!!!

Bebe said...

Hi Rhoda!

I wait every week to see what goodies you find over the weekend!! It is something to which I look forward ~ virtual yard-saling with you!! :) I love that cute little bunny with the chalkboard. You got a deal on him, girl!! Can I come to your yard sale next week??? Pretty, please??
Lots of hugs, Bebe :)

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Great finds, Rho! Ok, I REALLY adore that bunny chef. If you decide not to keep it, please let me know and I will take that sucker off your hands - love it!

Wendy said...

You are the queen of finding great stuff while thrifting! I love it!

the undomesticated wife said...

You found some great stuff...and the prices are awesome!

I went to some sales this weekend, and as usual, they stunk. They are almost always baby stuff. If you need baby stuff, you'll score big time. I am not needing baby stuff, so I had no luck.

And...the people who run garage sales here price their stuff as if it's wrapped in gold! Sheesh!

I'm glad you found some great things!!

Salmagundi said...

Love the chandelier. It will be perfect with toile!! Sally

Natasha said...

WOW I love the frog bird feeder. Really cute. I can not wait to start yard selling agian.

Since we moved into the new house, I am noticing small things I would like or need to have.

Curently I am on the hunt for 2 night stands.
Natasha

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Rhoda! Every Monday morning I always think of you and say to myself "Ooh I wonder what wonderful things she got this week!" Hahaha, you were on my mind, I had to wait for hubby to leave. Of course you didn't disappoint. What wonderful things!!! Oh my, in Calif. everyone sells excercise equip. at their garage sales! Oh well, I can read your blog and drool!
Blessings
Debbie
I LOVE that rabbit with the chalk board. OH MY!

Sometimes It's Good said...

I'm so in love with that bunny chef! I am so envious!

Unknown said...

Great finds! I thought of you this weekend... my mom has a pie table she found for 8$ at a yard sale. It was totally like the ones you have.

Joanna said...

As always your finds are great! I love the frog chimes.

The Berry's Patch said...

I can't believe that chef bunny was $1.00. If you can't find a place for him, I'll buy him for $5.00. :-)

nikkicrumpet said...

Love that chandelier. That will look awesome with the toile shades! The bunny is pretty darn cute too!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, I so ENJOY reading your blog and seeing the TREASURES you find! I can never seem to find anything here in the OC near the fantastic things you find! I really like your sense of style. If you get a minute, could you come over to my blog and see my posting today? I'm having a color dilemma on a recent find of mine, and would REALLY appreciate your thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

I like all your great finds. Gardens items are perfect for decorating your outdoor room. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Karen

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

You are unbelievable! I mean, I believe you and all...but wow! :-)

And...you are headed to NYC?! Oh...I would love to meet for tea! (Some Northern-Southern hospitality, if you will!). Too bad it will be too cold for yard sales...or I'd stuff you in my car and cart you to the suburbs. :-)

Four Paws and Co said...

Wow! You found some fantastic items & the prices were unbelievable! I want to go garage sailing with you! :0} Diane

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

My goodness, what great finds!!

Anonymous said...

Nifty finds, Rhoda. I love the frog birdfeeder and the chandelier. Can't wait to see your redo of that.

Mary Ruth said...

You found some GREAT finds! And nature seemed to be your theme! Yardsale?? Oh I wish I could go! GREAT FINDS!

Suzann said...

You definitely came away with some great finds. I love the bunny chalkboard and that froggie is just precious.

Mary said...

Hi Rhoda,
Love all your yard sale finds, especially that great chandelier! I hope you will show your guest room when it is done. It sounds wonderful!
xoxo,
Mary

the author said...

That chandelier is amazzzzzing!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great finds! I love the chandelier...
Penny

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please do a tutorial of somesuch thing when it comes to redoing the chandelier! I am really interested in what you do and how you do it.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

You certainly are the queen of yard sale finds. Good for you. Love that bunnu chef. I have a few chefs, but they are all piggies.

Blessings,

Sher

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness, I found your rabbit's brother at the Goodwill Saturday! Well, maybe a cousin, LOL! ...but he is very similar. Mine had a different finish and has a basket on the front of him! I love yours and mine! Great finds! ~Rhonda

Sandi McBride said...

Rhoda, I want the frogs...no, seriously, I want the frogs...I have had a love for frogs since I was just a froglet myself,lol...I don't know when you find the time for all the redecorating that you do...you exhaust me!
hugs
Sandi

Glenda said...

Wow, were do you put all your finds ?

I think you could use your rabbit menu during BBQ's as well as in the Kitchen.

Ciao

Gina said...

I think the bunny is my favorite. What an eye you have! Beauty begets beauty!

Lorie said...

Some great stuff! I wish I was your neighbor!