Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chicken Fajitas


I'm joining with Jen today for Tasty Tuesdays and this is not so much an exact recipe, as just a good idea for cooking up that chicken. Go on over to Jen's and see all the other recipes that will be added to the party. You just might find a new one. Jen's Apple Cinnamon cake looks fantastic, so I will definitely be grabbing her recipe for my files. Just my kind of easy!

IMG_4541

Always looking for something to do with chicken breasts and given the fact that we love Mexican food, I came up with some easy Chicken Fajitas at home and we are really enjoying them. All I did was saute some sliced onions and green peppers in a little olive oil. Let them cook down to where they are golden and glazed.

IMG_4542

Add 3 boneless chicken breasts (or enough for your family) seasoned with your favorite grill seasoning on the George Foreman grill, which is my go-to. We have a charcoal grill outside, but with the 2 of us, using the George is so much faster and easier for something like this. It’s not gourmet, but it’s good!

IMG_4543

Shred a little Monterey Jack cheese, with some bottled salsa and sour cream. I bought some whole wheat tortillas which are really tasty too. You could really add whatever you like to these, like black beans or other beans, black olives or anything else you'd like to throw on there.

IMG_4546

Slice up the chicken once it’s off the grill.

IMG_4547

And serve up with the sautéed onions and green peppers. And prepare to say YUM!

IMG_4549

They really are delish and fast to prepare! Just thought I’d pass this one along since we all eat lots of chicken these days and have to come up with something new occasionally. It’s quick and easy too. We both really love it, it's filling, and maybe it's fairly healthy also. Publix has boneless chicken breasts for $1.99 a lb. through today, so stock up.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

29 friends stopped by:

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh my...YUM! I'll be over at 5:00, with all the kids...hee hee.
And $1.99, that is when I stock up as well. :)

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Yum! Can I come over too? Anything cooked in your pretty kitchen has got to taste good!

Lisa said...

Can you ever go wrong with fajitas? Love your new kitchen!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Looks delish! And I love you zebra placemats. :-D

Southern Charm said...

Oh, those look so yummy!!!! Love fajitas. I am making chicken quessadillas tonight. Love Mexican.

Just as a side note: I was a Produce Manager for Publix for 18 years and recently switched to shopping at Ingles. Do you have one close to you? I have been shopping at Ingles for 5 months now once a week and haven't paid over $1.99 for boneless skinless chicken breasts yet. Usually $1.89 lb. All their meat is way cheaper than Publix. Love my Publix, just can't afford to shop there anymore.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I love fajitas! Did you know that you could also make them in a crock pot? Just place the chicken breasts in with sliced onions & peppers, add some fajita seasoning and top with a can of tomatoes. Delish!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look fabulous! Can't wait till I have fresh peppers in my garden in a few months.Yum!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I really need to get my George Foreman out again...these look yummy!

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

Rhoda, you introduce me to the neatest blogs! I have been contemplating posting my favorite salad recipe...a wonderful one for summer but I eat it weekly all year long. So, next week I will post it and then try to link into Tasty Tuesday if I can figure out how!

Rose said...

Oh yummyyyyyyy! We all LOVE Mexican food to and this looks so good! Easy? OH BOY I dearly LOVE easy these days! LOL

Joanna said...

Yum-Oh! I will have to try this out. I love chicken!

Lori E said...

Rhoda we have fajitas all the time. Steak, chicken or pork. Yummy.
I have even cooked up mounds of peppers and onions the day before a big party and then reheated them in a hot oven to finish them while the meat is on the barbeque. Set up a fajita station with all the topping etc. Makes for a great party dinner on the deck.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Gosh! That looks so good.
Glenda

Unknown said...

We love fajitas too. The hubby and I stopped off at Sam's Club today and purchased $300+ groceries. (stocking up) And I did purchase some fajita meat.
We're also very lucky to live near a Hispanic market that sells marinated meats. They taste amazing!
Got to get back to my housework. It's my day off and it just seems to pile up. And I would be the type of person who just cannot stand disorder.
Happy Tasty Tuesday!

The blog of MBW said...

That looks yummy! I want mine with lots of sour creme. So, what time should I come over? :-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love chicken fajitas but never think to make them! Thanks for the easy recipe. I will add this to my menu sometime soon!

Sandra said...

I'm making chicken fajitas today as well. I make boneless chicken tenders in my electric skillet and then once the chicken is done I add the bell peppers, onion, and tomatoes last. It tastes great and very easy to do.
Enjoy your fajitas. :)
Sincerely,
Sandra

Betty Jo said...

Rhoda this looks wonderful. You've made me hungry. I'll add chicken to the salad I have planned for my dinner. I miss Pulix. We don't have them here in Eastern TN. ♥

I just added a picture from your blog to my Inspired Friend's link page. I hope that is okay with you.

Victoria Hayden said...

Yum!! I am going to have to make these! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Crystal said...

Darn it, why didn't I see this recipe earlier today, I had chicken and couldn't think of what to make. I just love your posts and decorating style. Your cabinets is just lovely.

Thanks for sharing!
thehummingbirdcottage.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Those look yummy! Can't wait to try this quick and easy recipe.

I so wish we had a Publix in our area! I miss shopping there.

Unknown said...

Thanks fo rthe recpe. It looks yummy and easy.

The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Rhoda,
Your kitchen is beautiful and I love the corner cabinet redo!
Mexican food is my all time favorite, perhaps 12 years in Houston made me a convert. I love easy and fast recipes and this one for fajitas sounds wonderful.
Have a great day!
Nola
Nashville, TN
The Bloom Girls

Cindy said...

I'm thinking the same thing as Kara, looking forward to the fresh peppers from my garden this summer. I do something akin to this several times a week. Even my picky young men eat this up...esp. when offered with cheese & salsa!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I love making fajitas! They are really great with Chipotle Tabasco too...that's my new thing, anything chipotle! Now, that's tomorrow nights dinner. Thanks Rhoda!

~Misti

Tammy518 said...

Oh, yum! These look so good. I'm always looking for different things to do with chicken also.

Renae Moore said...

I absolutely love fajitas, it is a weekly staple in our home. I have started puree-ing black beans with salsa and cumin to have along side. Yummy.
I my mouth is watering right now.

Cindy said...

Thank you for the great recipe, we had it for supper tonight and it was wonderful!!
Hugs, ~cindy s~

Heathahlee said...

Oh my, Rhoda, even at 8:20 a.m. those look soooooo good! : )