Saturday, May 23, 2009

Habitat For Humanity Store

IMG_3898

Do you have one of these in your town? They really are fun to stop by just to see what might be available. You never know what you’ll find.

IMG_3884

The prices are good, not yardsale good, but pretty good. Like these curtain rod finials for $5 each. Not bad.

IMG_3885

This little glass front cabinet was over $100, can’t remember the exact price.

IMG_3886

A planter original from TJ Maxx was $5. This could easily be changed out to match something in your house with decoupage! I didn’t get it, cause I have others like this in my stash already.

IMG_3888

Lots of unfinished cabinets.

IMG_3889

And kitchen parts.

IMG_3891

Lots of tile too. If you happen to find enough of one kind, I think it’s a good deal.

IMG_3892

Sinks galore

IMG_3893

A lot of lamps, I think these may have come from Target originally and are brand new.

IMG_3894

New light fixtures for a decent price. Not a steal, but decent. But, you know I like to find mine at yardsales.

IMG_3895

Bathtubs

IMG_3896

Large porcelain tile.

IMG_3897

And this cute little table was $90. Not a bad deal. So, if you have a Habitat for Humanity store in your city, stop by. You might find a bargain!

The Pampering Beki jewelry giveaway in the post below will be open until Sunday evening at 6:00 pm (Central time). Don't miss out!

Even though it's a holiday weekend, we are home so I'll still be doing Monday's Thrifty Treasures party and that post will go up Sunday night too, so get your post ready to share.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

42 friends stopped by:

Busy Mom said...

Ahhh... I read this post first and thought.. I miss that store back home. Then I read your post with the giveaway and left a comment. Kept reading down to your post about The Club and realized, Hey you live in "the Ham"!! I lived there from '76-"06 and now call home down in LA!! I was never a huge fan of the Orange Rolls but everyone else LOVES them { i just don't like anything with an orange flavor!} Thanks for the glimpse of Vulcan's "heiny"!! I miss seeing him on top of the mountain!!

Michelle said...

In our new hometown we discovered we also have the same store. I've only been once so far and found a few things. I think it can be a great resource.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

We do have a Habitat store, but my gosh we sure don't get nice stuff like you found at yours! I just showed my hubby and he said "WOW" it would almost be worth it to take a uhaul to Alabama to buy stuff at your habitat store! LOL

Sandra said...

What pretty finds! We don't have anything like that here. I like the large pieces of tile!
Have a good weekend!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

OH my! You must have one beautiful Habitat ReStore! Ours is the pits. We have found things but never ever see what you showed. Ours recently had a 90% off everything so they could empty out to move to a new location. We did get some good deals that day. It think they are a store you must frequent often in order to catch nice things.

Holly said...

There seems to be a consensus that your ReStore is way nicer than anybody else's. I've been to two in my vicinity, and there was no nice furniture or anything like that. You might be able to find some building materials, but I've never seen anything particularly great. Lucky you!

Suzann said...

WOW - Great store. We don't have anything like that here.

Pam @ Frippery said...

I agree with everyone else.We have one here but I haven't seen things like this in ours. I probably need to go more often.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, yours has some really great things. The one near me is such a junk yard if they had anything decent you couldn't find it. That's too bad because I do think it's a really great cause. Hugs, Marty

Justabeachkat said...

No store here. Sigh!

Hope your holiday weekend is a good one.

Hugs!
Kat

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Rhoda! We do have one in our town. I haven't been yet, but my husband has. I think I need to go myself to see what they've got. :)

Are you hosting the Thrifty Treasures link party on Monday? Today was a bust for me....not much out there, and I took the girls to a BUNCH of sales....

Have a great weekend! :)

Kathi said...

Hey, I was just in there last week! I didn't see that red planter! I would have snatched that right up! I did get some old wallpaper to use for decoupage. They have tons of that. Tucked away in the back of a shelf I found a really cute (?) little lamp that I'll post later. Hope you have a good Memorial Day.

morethanthestarsinthesky said...

Hey Rhoda!

Thanks for the Habitat info. I have donated to them, but didn't know they had a store.

Have a great weekend!

Amanda

~ Jill ~ said...

We have a Habitat Restore here too - You have inspired me to go check it out!! Last time I was there they had a lot (it's been like a year!) but it was pretty much all building materials - not any of the cool home decor stuff yours had!!!!

Susie Q said...

Oh I LOVE that farmhouse sink. I've been really tempted to just go ahead and get one and hold onto it until we buy our own home...finally envy something my BIL/SIL have...they are building a home & just bought a farmhouse sink...finally, I am jealous...MIL will be happy :D

Lisa Porter said...

Rhoda,
LOVE Habitat for Humanity!
We do have a re-store here in Lexington. One location just for lumber & building and one for furniture & accessiories.

One thing I do love about ours is if you bring them a before & after picture of an item that you bought from them, then they offer a 20% discount on your next purchase.

They put the photos on a bulletin board at the front of the store & it's great fun to look at what others have done.

I have quite a few photos up there as it's my favorite place to bargin hunt here in Lexington.

Love giving back..
Lisa

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Rhoda; I did not even know that a store like that was around. We don't have one where I live, but it looks like a great place to find some bargains.... have a great weekend...

Hugs;
Alaura

Tara said...

Hmmm...I have seen one around, i may now have to stop!

sara@augustfields said...

oooo I loooove my Habitat ReStore!!! It's definently good to stop by frequently. I must admit though....I am totally envious of one of the sinks in your post...your ReStore is Awesome! :)

Melissa Miller said...

Oh I adore the last photo of the round wood table! I'll have to look for a store like that.

Have a blessed Memorial weekend Rhoda.
~Melissa :)

The Tattered Cottage said...

After seeing those beautiful furniture pieces, I'm going to see if we have a Habitat store near me. I'm so happy you are still hosting Today's Thrifty Treasures on monday. I have a few things to share :) I really enjoy seeing all the great bargains everyone finds and if they show where they used / placed their thrifty finds in their home, it's a bonus.
Toni

Jenny said...

That looks like a fun store! I don't think we have one here, I'll have to check that out.

I believe the Home Trends is a WM brand, but not sure.

cotedetexas said...

I'll bet we have one - I just don't know where, but Rhoda - that sink!!!!!????!!!! omg!!!!!!!

Sherri said...

You were at the Irondale location right? If so,my mother lives only a block away from there. We bought a ton of peel and stick tile from there a few months ago for only $8.99 a box. What a great deal as well as there is no tax added on either:)

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

I love Habitat For Humanity...and we have a store here in Nashville, but I have never visited it. It will be on my list of "stops" for next weekend! Take care, Caroline

JoyNtheJourney said...

Oh, wow! You DID find some awesome deals. I love that table at the end! Like someone else said, it would just about be worth the drive to get in on some of those deals! I have certainly driven further for less, as my CL addiction is way out of control! :>) LOL! I just learned a couple of weeks ago that we have one of those stores here in Newnan. I need to have my hubby check it out and see if there are any nice things there. If not, I think a road trip may be in our future!

BTW, I'm just wondering do you ever get funny looks from folks when you are taking all these pictures in stores, restaurants, etc? LOL!

Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday!

Michelle said...

We have one of those here, but I've never been inside. I may have to go check it out now that I know what it's like.

The Birds Nest said...

I just went to our Habitat store last week for the first time. I had in my mind that I wanted to find some wood shutters to make a headboard. Low and behold, I found 4 unfinished wood shutters. Happy day!! Got all 4 for $24.00.
Perfect!!

Virginia said...

I think part of finding good stuff at this store (and others like it) is checking back frequently and figuring out when they get the "good" stuff in. I like the tile for mosaic projects, but if you have an IKEA store in your vicinity they often give away broken tile to crafters. I think I'll have to pick some up the next time I'm through HotLanta.

Tina said...

Hi Rhoda,
Can you tell me where this store is?? I am in Tuscaloosa, but am hoping to have a shopping day as soon as baseball season ends. I am collecting a list of stores up there, like the Homegoods that you have mentioned, and I may try to make it to Cahaba Heights for the thrifting & antiques stores.
Have a great Memorial Day! We will also be home, playing baseball all day!! I will see you for the thrifty treasures post!
Blessings,
Tina

martina said...

We have a place here in town that acquires salvage materials from schools, businesss and homeowners. You can save lots of money if you shop well. Their selection of antique stained glass is awesome-but so are the prices for them. I bought some slate tiles there to use for craft projects. Repurposed a metal ceiling fixture into a cake stand and sold it for a pretty penny. Sure makes you feel good when craft projects turn out and other people pay for them!

Leigh said...

No fair. I live in the same County Seat as Jimmy Carter and the Habitat for Humanity World Headquarters and we don't have one of those stores.

Chelsey said...

We do have one of these stores but usually it is a bunch of junk. Looks like you found some decent items. I bought those exact black lamps at Walmart a couple of years ago for $4.97 each when they went on clearance. They are still on the nightstands in my bedroom. Really like them, but I think WM sold them for $19.99 originally, so $12 is not really a great price.

abeachcottage said...

wow that's some good stuff, wish I had one

I love those finials, just what I want, I put some new curtain rods up yesterday and they have no ends yet, so they would be great for 10 bucks - a bit of a long trip though hahaha!

hope you enjoyed the weekend

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Shawna said...

I've never heard of these stores. I'll have to see how close one is to us, but I'm thinking there won't be one. It would be so much fun to go through. Thanks for showing us pics!

Heathahlee said...

Last year sometime a friend and I drove out to where the address I had found for our Habitat store was. We found the store, alright. It had a sign on the door that said, "Store is closed. FOR GOOD!"

Um...okaaaaaay. So, no store for us. And I'm not really sure I'd want to shop where the people who work there post signs with a 'tude. : )

Lindsay @ Makely said...

We LOVE the Habitat Re-Store here! We actually have 2 - one in town and one in a little town about 30 minutes away. We go all the time. I find lots of really cool old things - like glass door knobs and cabinet hardware. Great stores!

Amber Schmidt said...

We love the Re-Store here!! We actually have TWO! One is for building supplies and appliances and the other is for home decor.

My mother got a pair of french doors there and put them together to make a headboard... total cost was $3!!!!!! It was very Rhonda... ironically enough my mother is RHONDA!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

that table would be super cute painted!

xo
jaithan + eddie

Beckie says.. said...

I LOVED our HFH Store in Virginia Beach. I wish there were some in Maine. Keep sending great decorating tips out. You're the best.

God Bless,

Beckie

Karyn said...

I would have definitely made some purchases-what nice stuff!

May said...

this is simply nice and great!! i love your deco tips!!!

regards,
http://8gies.blogspot.com