Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yardsale Finds for my Desk

Back from a very nice Mother's Day with my family in Atlanta and I'll share some of that later this week if you'd like to see some pics. I'm still cleaning up the kitchen after being gone for a couple days and you'll see pics VERY soon! I'm absolutely in love with the new granite. :)

In the meantime, let's get Today's Thrifty Treasures started.....I've got a couple things to share.

IMG_4804

Sometimes that great little item just pops up at a yardsale and you have to bring it home. This cute little black desk organizer was only $3 and did I mention it’s black? So, of course it had to find its way to my desk. See those cute little ball feet on it? Love it.

IMG_4830

It will be perfect to keep all the papers I have floating around my desk all the time in an organized fashion.

IMG_4827

Let me just say one more time. I “heart” yardsales! They will spoil you, that’s for sure.

IMG_4936

Found one more little item for my desk area. This cute leopard memo board was $1. This is actually the 2nd one of these I’ve found, so I decided to keep this one (instead of sell it to a friend). It covers up the outlets back here that I’m not using.

IMG_4937

And makes a nice backdrop and a perfect spot for adding photos.

IMG_4938

Yep, I heart yardsales.

How did you do with the sales this week? It’s time to share with Mr. Linky, so add your link below and let’s get started! Don't forget to post a link back HERE from your blog too, so everyone can find the party. AND, be sure and post your thrifty post permalink and not just a link to your blog, please!



1. ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage & Junkologie
2. Olive Rue
3. The Shabby Chic Cottage
4. the Pleasures of Homemaking
5. Marsha
6. $1 and under deals!
7. Queen of Fifty Cents
8. Edi
9. Debbie @...Plate Addict
10. Amanda@ Imperfectly Beautiful
11. Jenn @ First Comes Love
12. Linda @Nina's Nest
13. Amanda-TheEckLife
14. Rose
15. Brandi
16. Leigh from Tales from Bloggeritaville
17. Toni
18. melissa * 320 sycamore
19. Chandy
20. Bamawhitney
21. Sarah ~ A Beach Cottage Thrifted Vintage Door Giveaway
22. Andi @ A Little Piece of Pink
23. Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle
24. Notes Of Sincerity
25. Sisters Christina & Victoria
26. Susan
27. Betty Jo at Digi Scribbles
28. Debbie @ Simply Cherished
29. Llyn M
30. Dab of This and That
31. Carol
32. made 2 cREate
33. Amanda @ Serenity Now
34. Brenda@Coffeeteabooksandme
35. Michelle
36. The Bloom Girls - Secretary in need of Makeover....
37. Carrie
38. Meg Bennett
39. Merrie
40. Sarah@VintageChicHome(coupon organizing)
41. Janis@ An Inspired Life (headboard)
42. Kim-Manning Family Tree
43. Twice As Nice Lettering
44. Betty Parker
45. ButterYum
46. Mary Lou
47. MelanieElissa
48. Pam @ Ramblings of a Happy Homemaker
49. Caro's Thrifty Finds
50. Sandra
51. How I Burb
52. Nicki
53. Nancy
54. Carmen
55. Chrissie Grace
56. Cin

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

61 friends stopped by:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Such great finds, Rhoda! You have a flair for creating such beautiful spaces!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Rhoda. You always score such nice treasures. Love your desk area.

Unknown said...

I love that desk organizer! It's so you!

Glad to see you had a good trip to Atlanta :)

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Hi Rhoda, Glad you had a fun time with your family! That's a cute little organizer. I have one in white and it really comes in handy!
No yardsales for me but I did get some nice things at Goodwill!

Manuela

Susie Q said...

Love the organizer. I've been thinking I need one for my desk at work...I think I need a part time job for yard saling!

Jessica Morris said...

Cute organizer!! And I like the board thing too!!

Happy Mothers Day!! :)

I am about two-three hours east of Atlanta... I wonder if we shop the same yard sales?!

From the Old InkWell said...

Oh yes! I would have grabbed that up too! LOVE YOUR BLACK!

Enjoying the party!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What great yard sale finds. I havn't been doing yard sales, but maybe I should start. Love both of your great deals. Hugs, Marty

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Hey Ms. Rhoda! LOVE that desk organizer you found. I got a precious little wall cabinet this weekend for $3 that looks like an exact match. They'd be perfect together!

BTW, I am soooo addicted to yard sales and LOVE this weekly linky you're doing. Thanks!

~Amanda

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Rhoda...You found some great stuff! I love your color combinations in your office area! And you got some great deals! That does it! I am definitely renting a U-Haul and heading toward B'ham!! Have a great week...hugs...Debbie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your finds, the black looks just perfect and you have a wonderful decorating flair. Cindy

Rose said...

Oh my goodness Rhoda, I love the desk organizer to! oh and I'm WITH YA, I heart them to! I think I got the bargain of the day yesterday though. Needless to say, I was a happy camper! lol
So happy for you and your finds! Isn't it so fun finding our treasures? I would LOVEEEEEEE to go garage sal-ing with you! hee hee
Rose

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey Rhoda! I hope you dont mind if I added my link from last week with my finds? Hope you had a great weekend!

Brandi said...

I love that desk organizer! I've been looking for something similar that I can drill holes in the back of and run the cell phone chargers through. They sell them at PB, but they are way expensive. Great finds!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Good stuff indeed! :) I haven't taken pics of my stuff yet and I really need to go to bed so I'll do it in the morning.

The Tattered Cottage said...

You have such wonderful taste and find such great bargains!! Love your new treasures. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Can't wait to see the pics of your new granite countertops.
Toni

Melissa said...

Rhoda,
You scored! I love that black organizer~I would have definitely snatched that up. Have a great day~

Chandy said...

Gorgeous find Rhoda! Glad you found it so inexpensively, too!Mine are my fam's new dinnerware set gift for Mother's Day!

Linda in AZ * said...

* OK, girlie, where DO you GO for these INCREDIBLE B*A*R*G*A*I*N*S?!?!?! I have that (the first pic~ the black organizer), as well as a few other pieces just like it... they're from Pottery Barn & cost, if I recall, around $30 a piece!!! I NEED YOU, RHODA!!!

Hugs, & can't WAIT to see the new granite, too!
Linda *

Maralee McKee said...

Hello Rhoda!

It was a joy chatting with you on the phone this week!

Thank you for sharing all the photos of your new desk organizer. You have a wonderful talent for making every corner of your home an inviting space!

Honsetly, I'll make a special trip to Alabama just to go yard sale shopping with you any weekend!

Thank you again for opening your lovely home to all of us! You inspire so many, myself included, of course!

All my best,
Maralee

Sarah @ A Beach Cottage said...

hi rhoda

you seem to find the best stuff, I'd love to come thrifting with you too, or for that matter talk on the phone to you, hee hee

great finds and as usual a great post full of inspiration

Sarah

Puna said...

I love your finds. I dont' go to yard sales anymore...I used to all the time when we were in Europe. I may have to start...

Andi @ A Little Piece of Pink said...

Great finds! Have a super week! Andi

Vanessa Greenway said...

Cute finds! The memo board is adorable!! Love the leopard print.
Great!

Frantic Home Cook said...

Rhoda,

You must have the best yard sales in the country in your back yard. I would show you my finds from my latest yard sale hunt but I doubt you'd be interested in my empty Hellman's jar or sunglasses with one lens missing.

Victoria said...

Love your desk finds!!! Having fun linking up on Mondays!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Love your dest organizer! We've had sooooooo much rain lately that not many garage sales were going on. We did go to 3, but they were all a BUST! Oh, well, maybe next weekend!

g.suzie said...

I love the black organizer, both items look like something from the catalog 'Ballard's Design'. Lucky finds!!!

Runner Mom said...

Very cute stuff, my friend! Hop over to my blog to see what I found--of course, I need decorating tips again!!

Hugs!!
Susan

Betty Jo said...

Awesome finds Rhoda! The desk organizer and memo board couldn't be any more perfect for your office. Isn't yard sale treasure hunts the absolute best? ♥

The Bliss Journey said...

Great finds. I love yardsales. My husband and I would go every Saturday morning when we lived in Pa. I haven't been to many since moving to Florida. I think this Saturday we will have to make a plan, grab a cup of latte, the newspaper and map out a route. Wow, I'm excited, want to come along?
Kathleen

Debbie said...

I love the desk organizer and the fact it was black is perfect. The memo board was a great find too. Love them. Debbie

Sandy said...

I absolutely scored this weekend on ONE sale.

Love what you did w/your desk. That's on my list - to find some things to spruce mine up :)

Happy Monday, Rhoda!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some great deals. I really like the organizer. I joined in also. I checked several times to make sure the link was correct this time.:)
Glenda

Joanna said...

What great finds! I love the organizer.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVE the organizer, and I am so excited I remembered to link up "live" to you today! :)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Great finds as usual Rhoda. I didn't see a single yard sale, here at the lake. I did go to a resale shop. Didn't find a single thing, though!!

The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Rhoda,
I have been looking for an organizer just like that! Your desk area is so clean and organized, you put me to shame!
Have a great week!
Nola @ The Bloom Girls

Unknown said...

One of my favorite things to do...repurpose/refinish/restore.
I hope an "alley find" qualifies.
So much fun!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Oh my, I can't believe you found that organizer for just $3...what a find! And the perfect color, too!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Such great finds.

RE your new granite... I was just telling DH yesterday, "now that I have it, I'll never be able to live without it". If you haven't fell completely in love with it yet, you definitely will!

marmielu said...

Hi, Rhoda! I like your finds. The desktop organizer is great, but the leopard print photo holder makes me smile! You find the best things.
--Mary Lou

Lana said...

Can I come yard sale with you?!?! Haha! You find the most amazing things!

I haven't been yet, but I need to!

Carrie said...

Oh my! I love the mail organizer, but I'm coveting your green lamp!

Carol said...

Rhoda, thank you for hosting this every Monday! I've discovered so many great blogs since I joined in!
Carol

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog, what great garage sale finds you come across. Your garden is beautiful too. Lovely site, I'll be bookmarking this for sure.

Anne Marie said...

I saw that cup you have on your desk at Antrhopologie just yesterday!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love your desk organizer. I have a couple of white ones on my desk at work. I love them. I put file folders in one of mine. Thanks for hosting such a fun weekly event. And thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Caro said...

Hi everyone!

This is actually my first time ever posting here, and participating in the "monday's thrifty treasures" thing!

I visited every single blog posted in that list: WOW!!!

Now I've added a TON of your blogs to my google reader, and I've added a few images to my 'inspiration folder' on my pc!

You are all so inspiring!!

I just started my blog- click on my name and visit the one called Caro's Thrift Adventures. (I have a couple of blogs: some for scrapbooking, some for photos, etc).

Sandra said...

Hi Rhoda! Wow! Great finds! Thank you for hosting "Today's Thrifty Finds" :)

Blessings,
Sandra

Janis@An Inspired Life said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm so glad I found yours, it's wonderful.

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I thought to myself "Hey, Rhoda, has my mug!" - lol! Great finds, Rhoda.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that black organizer!! And I definitely need one, too!! I can't stop thinking about a few antique store bargains that I'll have to go back for. Thank goodness for cell phone cameras!!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I am an "R," too, so I like your initial mug!

Nicki said...

I love the organizer! I'm looking for something similar to go on my kitchen counter. I really need to tame the paper pile!

Thank you for always sharing your finds and creativity. I have learned much from you, Rhoda.

Jenny said...

Great finds! I was so excited this weekend when I found a white headboard for my daughter's room AND it was only $20! I found it on CL and it turned out to be in excellent condition. I just had to wipe a few spots with a Magic Eraser.

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I love what you found! Like I said, we don't find such great stuff around here! Still working on the $20 desk!
But I did have a lucky find this weekend. I did the linky, if I did it correctly!
~Nancy

Sandra Schwab said...

The desk organizer is absolutely lovely, Rhoda! What a great find!

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

I so look forward to Thrifty mondays here even if I might get a little jealous,lol. Hubby is off this week ,any good garage sales in Birmingham this weekend Rhoda? I loveeee that desk organizer.Looks pottery barn~ish and I love PB & PBK for my son.

I wish it would quit raining here in TN! Yardsales here have been cancelled the last 3 weekends in a row and guess what the forecast is for this weekend,more rain! grrr

Unknown said...

Love the mailbox! And only for $3!
I saw something similar at Micheal's for $54! Yikes!
Oh, don't forget to stop by my blog and leave a comment.
I'm celebrating my 4 year anniversary with a drawing for a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at Etsy.

Niki Jolene said...

Ooooh I so want one of those paper organizers, but Id turn mine into a charging station for our cells and ipods.

:)