Saturday, January 17, 2009

Please Pray!

Added on Sunday: Please click over to Kelly's blog (link below) to see all updates. She posted pics of the baby today in ICU and an update. The baby is still in critical condition, so please keep praying for this young couple. I don't know Kelly personally, but she has a huge number of blog friends and I'm just one of many who visits her blog, so please keep this family in your prayers all this week.

I believe in the power of prayer and I just want to ask all of you to please keep Kelly from Kelly's Korner in your prayers this weekend and especially today. She and her hubby just delivered their first baby (baby girl Harper) on Friday evening, after waiting and going through infertility for awhile. Their baby is sick with pneumonia, had to be flown out to Tulsa to another hospital and is having tests and procedures done right now and they are in need of our prayers. God hears and answers and I do not believe that this beautiful young couple has been given this baby only to have her taken away. We know that God is in control and that HE has the bigger picture in mind. And may He get the glory for everything that happens. I'm believing for a miracle and healing!

Please pray!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

42 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Carolina Mama said...

Thanks for sharing. We are praying for baby Harper. Blessings. And hey, you can share dessert recipes any time! :)

Anonymous said...

I will definitely send out a prayer to baby Harper....I too believe in the power of prayer !!

Kathy :)

Chris Kauffman said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog .
I am so sorry to hear about your friends baby , my youngest daughter was born with early pneumonia as well , poor child's first day consisted of a spinal tap , thankfully the good nurses noticed she had very low oxygen levels almost right away , I know that is what made for a great outcome, she was on inter, anitbiotics for four days and then released , and has been a very healthy child since .
So I can attest to a great outcome , I hope that this story will too have a happy ending .
They are in my thoughts,
Chris

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Praying for baby Harper...I believe in miracles and healing too, Ms. Rhoda!!!

~Amanda

LisaShaw said...

Heavenly Father,

In Jesus Name we lift up baby girl Harper. We speak Your healing virtue over her tiny precious body in the Name of Jesus. We pray for comfort, strength and wisdom for her parents. We pray for wisdom for the doctors who are caring for her but most of all Father we call on You for You alone are GOD and we trust You. We pray for the outcome to bless this family and to bring honor and glory to You. We thank You Father and we ask with heavy hearts filled with faith and appreciation in Jesus Name. Amen! Amen!

Praise the LORD!

Terri Steffes said...

I believe in the power of prayer, too! Thanks for making us aware.

"Blossom" said...

Amen LisaShaw. We pray.
Blossom

savvycityfarmer said...

Father God, we agree in your name...take these prayers of the righteous and bless them for our glory.
Touch this family with your mighty hand. Reign down peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Draw near to them as they draw near to You....in Jesus' name, amen and amen

LisaShaw said...

Rhoda,

Thank you for stopping over to let me know the update. I had actually went directly to her blog from yours and saw the update and WAS PRAISING THE LORD!

He's amazingly wonderful. It's a privilege that we were not only created by Him but we belong to Him through our precious Lord Jesus Christ. I just couldn't imagine my life without HIM.

Blessings upon each one of you.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks for putting this on your post. I too believe the Lord hears and answers. Baby Harper is in my prayers and the family as well. Hugs, Marty

Lori said...

I will say a prayer for this family. Prayers are very powerful and miracles happen every day.

Please drop by my blog, I have an award for you.

Lori

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for letting us know. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Glenda

Helen said...

I'm certain everyone reading your post is praying for this newborn along with many, many others.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

How heartbreaking. Prayers said.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhoda, I'm in complete agreement with you in prayer!

XO,

Sheila

Janice said...

Rhoda.... thank you for making us aware so that a huge community will be united in prayer for this new beautiful lil baby girl, Harper.

LisaShaw... thank you for such a beautiful prayer.... I will pray the same over and over....

janice

Blondie's Journal said...

Rhoda,
I don't know of Kelly but I learned of the concerns last night and I have said many Hail Mary's. You are a wonderful, wonderful lady to lead us on in praying for this yound deserving couple. May all of our prayers comfort them somehow in their time of need and please kepp us updated if possible.

Love to you,
Janie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Update on Kelly's blog! The baby is doing much better as of earlier today & it looks like they will not have to do the ECMO machine now. That's the last update. You can click the link for more, hopefully she will do a new update on Sunday. But, the news looks really positive now.

Praise God! thank you for ALL your prayers.

Justabeachkat said...

I believe it prayers. I KNOW they work. I just stopped and prayed for Harper and her family and friends.

Hugs!
Kat

(the pie in your last post looks and sounds delish...I think I might just have to make that for our super bowl party)

Natalia said...

Oh my goodness! I'm thankful to read the positive news in your last update. My prayers are going out to her,

Nat

PatQ said...

I'll do my part!

Musings From A French Cottage said...

I just found your blog - it's beautiful!

I have been praying for baby Harper and was so thrilled when I last checked Kelly's blog and read the good news update. God is so faithful and he definitely hears out prayers. Praise Him!!

Hugs,
Kathleen

Rhonda said...

In Jesus Name!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I was not a visitor to Kelly's blog until today, when I read 3 other blogs asking for prayers. Kelly and Baby Harper have a lot of great blogging friends praying for them, including me. laurie

Cottage Rose said...

Amen Rhoda My Prayers are with them.

Hugs;
Alaura

cotedetexas said...

Lisa Shaw is incredible! I'd want her on my side - what a lovely woman.

Rhoda - glad to hear the baby may be out of the woods, I can't imagine how nervous the parents must be!!! I pray tomorrow will be better for them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Rhoda for telling us all about it. I believe in the power of prayer and have had many answered myself.

I'll check out her blog and pray for them too.

Diane

Jen said...

my prayers are ascending! My heart aches for them. Please keep us updated.

Jill said...

I was so sad and shocked to read about Harper and I have just been praying and praying all day....and anxiously awaiting and update. It seems like she is doing better. I started reading Kelly's blog the day she announced they were expecting and I have loved following her daily all these months. I just know little Harper will be fine and wearing those monogrammed dresses in no time!

Kathy said...

I've already prayed for baby Harper. Thanks for bringing this need to our attention, Rhonda.
XO...Kathy

Unknown said...

I will pray for the baby, parents, and the doctors who make the decisions about her care. Prayer is the greatest healer.

savvycityfarmer said...

Rhoda, I so connected with this family and flashed backed to my 12 days next to hubby in ICU.
I've linked Scott and this beautiful family to my favorites.
Whatever the outcome, this will be a testimony to the entire world.
Because of God's power and blogland we had prayers from ALL over the globe.
There was power and peace flooding my soul.
People STILL ask and are praying for Don.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony.
I KNOW they can feel our prayers.

Kathi said...

Thanks for sharing this prayer request with all of us. What a blessing it is to see how many are lifting up this family up in prayer! It is a testimony to the awesome love and power of our God.

Montee said...

Hi Rhoda. I found your blog through Coco at Ordianry Miracles. I wil pray for this little family. I went through two difficult births myself.

I enjoy your blog and your decorating ideas. I especially like the way that Pecan Pie is looking! I'll be adding your button to my blog.

Unknown said...

I so agree with you! I've been praying along with everyone for Kelly and her family.

Anonymous said...

your blog is almost impossible to read with that busy black and white print backround that you use

A Hint of Home said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I am praying that we will hear good news soon.
It's awful when and baby is sick but I can only imagine how they feel.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Anon, the black & white background is only on the outside edge of my blog. If you are seeing that where the writing is, then it's not loading properly for you. The background where everything is read is white!

niartist said...

Adding them to my prayer list, for sure.

cherry said...

Thank-you Rhoda for making us aware of this and I will certainly pray for them...what bittersweet experience..that I pray will come out well! cherry

Justabeachkat said...

Stop by when you get a chance. I've passed along an award to you sweet "B" friend. I'm also asking for some advice.

Hugs!
Kat