Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Target Home Design event

IMG_3869


I’ve been reading on several blogs lately about the Home Design event going on at Target, so I decided to check it out for myself and see what all the fuss was about. Me and my camera popped into our local Target and took lots of pics to share with you. If you’re in need of some fun decor items, it might be a good idea for you to check it out yourself. It’s all 30% off right now too and may even be marked down more by the time you read this. IMG_3866

Cute tables

IMG_3864

These lamps were oh, so pretty. IMG_3868

Need a little black side table or plant stand? IMG_3870

Pottery pieces for the kitchen.IMG_3872

Loved this shot of red coral sculpture against the blue background.

IMG_3873

Small aqua bottles

IMG_3874

Zebra towels

IMG_3875

And these are look-alike Ballards prints (framed in mirror) that I’ve eyed in the Ballards catalog. I bought 2 of them, not sure if I’ll keep them or not, but at $29 each, they were a great deal.

IMG_3876

Black mirror

IMG_3877

A few furniture items, this chair was a nice contemporary choice.

IMG_3879

Bar height table and chairs.

IMG_3880

Blue linens

IMG_3882

Loved this green and brown pillow.

IMG_3883

As well as all of these cotton rugs, which were a real steal. I think regular price was only $29, so 30% off is great.

If you’re in the market for anything like this, get to Target fast!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

47 friends stopped by:

Bo said...

Good morning Ms. Rhoda...just coming by to say CONGRATULATIONS on winning the custom rug from Darlene...I am so happy it was you...can't wait to see what you choose! ;-) BO

Montee said...

More reasons to love Target!

Anonymous said...

...and there are some coastal theme items on the shelves too..., thanks for reminding me!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Isn't it amazing! Thanks for all those tips!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, great deals. I havn't been to Target for a while, need to go check it out. Thanks for the preview. Marty

Missy Wertz said...

Thanks for posting about the Target sales.

Love what you did with the black architectural piece.

CMB said...

I was in Target several times last week and was surprised how quickly they marked these things down. I liked this group much better than the old global home stuff but I am really trying to only buy what I need!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Hoping they go even cheaper...too close to yard sale season to stock up quite yet. :)

Wendy said...

I just love TARGET!

Jill said...

I love me some Target. I can't go in there without dropping some serious cash. I go in for shampoo, come out with bags and bags of more than shampoo!

Rose Broadway (Rosie) said...

Thanks Rhoda, I was going to Target today anyway, and those little lamps are just what I need. Hope my Target has them.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhoda, thanks for doing that recon for us! :-) I like that piece of faux coral. I might have to run down to Target and check it out.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
I love Target! Wish we had one here! We have to drive to Tuscaloosa or Jackson.

I'll be in Jackson tomorrow,and you have inspired me to stop by Target!

:) Diane

LaurenFaythe said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the zebra towels!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Isn't Target just great.
Thanks for sharing.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Those little orange tags at Target always grab my attention! They have the BEST clearance sales.

Joanna said...

I love Target! I purchased a couple of things from their home stuff in that section the other day. I will be posting next week what I got and where I put it!

Blondie's Journal said...

Rhoda...Your Target must be huge!! I've never seen so much furniture at ours and I have never seen those lamps and I was really scouting out lamps recently. I got an email from Target today about the event but I didn't even read it. Thanks so much for letting us know!!

Have a happy rest of the week! :-)

xoxo
Jane

KM Studios said...

I love Target as well as many of you girls..and i did see all these goodies in my local store! Strangly..I wasnt sold on anything..even at those great prices..maybe it was an off day for me.
Target for me is hit or miss in the decore department

Helen said...

We don't have many stores in my city .... BUT we DO have Target!!!!

LuLu said...

they are having great deals on there items! I've not been in awhile must pop in. By the way love your black architectuaral piece you added to your wall, looks great!
LuLu

Anonymous said...

Perhaps while I'm out apartment hunting tomorrow I'll swing by Target to see what ours has to offer. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos Rhoda. xoxo

Kathysue said...

Hi Rhoda, Target is the best for knock-off items in decor.I am always amazed how they keep up with what is current and it is always affordable.A favorite time of mine is getting a soda and perusing up and down the aisles looking at items to be used in different ways than expected.With the present economical climate I think Target it the way to go. Great Post. Love the mirrored prints,I have been looking for two seasons for ferns that are affordable,I know they will be out there somewhere for me.Kathysue

ksarra said...

Hi there, I love your post today, what great finds, I'm debating whether or not I want to sit in 5 o'clock traffic to get to Target's now, or wait till later!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Rhoda, I was in target too & got a great deal on toilet cleaner....lol....
You won the rug! You stop this winning now you hear!
Hugs, DebraK

kari and kijsa said...

Love it when the 'world market' comes to Target!! we have picked up several goodies each time over the past couple venues!! love the architectural piece too!!
Happy Day!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Sharon said...

I just found you weeding thru design blogs that I'd like to add to my favorites. (There are not enough mags in the world!!) I have to be honest and say your faith as well as your pretty blog has made me want to add you. Hope you don't mind!!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh gosh Rhoda hon, haven't been by in ages but I'm caught up now! And I've been window shopping in your space you angel! I do love Target,don't get in one but once in a blue moon...thanks for this!
hugs
Sandi
ps
sorry I've been neglectful of you, I' promise it won't happen again!!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thanks for sharing the infromation about target..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

sandra/tx said...

Rhoda, thanks for this post. I need to get over to Target. I love those mirror-framed sea prints, and after all these years, I still love botanicals.

Amber B. said...

I need to head over there tomorrow! So many pretty things!!! Thanks for the tip.

Trixi said...

Oh, what great deals. I hope I get a chance to go check them out. Thanks for sharing.

Kasey said...

I think your Target must be a lot better than mine! But I might have to go check it out anyway! Have a great rest of the week and thank you for doing some research for us!

Pretty Organizer said...

Cracking up! It has never occurred to me to take my camera into a store and start shooting but you do it all the time! Do you ever get people asking you not to shoot in their stores? I love it!

I have never given much attention to the animal prints before and I find myself falling in love with them. I'm trying to figure out how to marry a little African wildlife to my french provincial style... might start with a message board.

Thanks lady for the great pics!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I LOVEd the mirror! I tell you another thing I loved that I saw at the store was the tree trunk table! LOVE the raw element of it. LOVE!

Unknown said...

Target clearance rocks! Amazing finds, and at such good prices!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Ms. Lady! I just wanted to let you know I have a little something for you on my blog. Please come by and pick it up. Hope you are having a fabulous day!

Cindy said...

ooooh...those aqua bottles are for forcing bulbs! I'm going to have to go to Target and get some! Thanks!

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, I bought those shell prints (in the mirror frames) the other day when I was shopping with my sister. I think I'm going to use them in my master bath. It is a nice sale!

I hope that you're doing well!

SophieMae said...

Shoot, I was in Target the other night. Our store doesn't have half that great stuff. One of the things I hate most about living in a college town. *sigh*

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

Anonymous said...

It was NOT good for me to see this post right after my husband and I committed to the Dave Ramsey budget. Let's see if I get the pictures with fruit in them can I take it out of the grocery category? :)

My only consolation is that our Target is not as good as yours, although it does have a Starbucks in it now so that makes up for a few things.

Great blog. You're now in my favorites.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I love the shell print in the mirror frame! How I wish there were Target stores here in Canada :(

Tardevil said...

This is the 1st year I haven't been in Target to check out their home stuff...in fact, I almost went tonight. Now that I've seen that green/brown pillow, I think I'm going to have to go! I'm sure my DH is thanking you right now! ;O)

cotedetexas said...

You have such a good Target in your area. I really like those green lamps and the zebra towels!!!!

I own a piece of Target furniture in my family room myself. I love Target!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Wow...you have a GOOD Target! I've seen those gray chairs on a few web sites and like them quite a bit. I'm loving the beachy coral things you've shared...Hmmm...I may need to pull myself together and try to get over there today or tomorrow (though, my Target is pretty picked over when there *isn't* a huge sale, so who knows what the place looks like now!).

Shannon said...

Wow! You've got me craving some Target!

Southern Savvy said...

Hi - I just stumbled upon your blog and will be visiting quite often! I just had to comment that I also bought two of those mirror framed nautical prints from Target this weekend! I haven't done anything with mine yet but if you decide to keep yours, I'd love to see what you did!