Friday, May 29, 2009

Burlap Party Highlights

Amanda Eck Life

Just thought it would be fun to add in some highlight pics from the burlap party. Now, please don’t get your feelings hurt if I didn’t use one of your pics. I just tried to get some variety and show a lot of different things that burlap can be used for, so enjoy the party finale. Someone asked about where to get burlap. This stuff goes way back and as far as I know, can be found at most fabric stores. I know Hobby Lobby has it regular price for $2.99 a yard. And if you use your 40% off coupon, cheap-cheap!

Above, Amanda at The Eck Life, added a pretty burlap starfish to a simple creamy white pillow. Love the coastal feel of this.

Aunt Mimis Creations

Tami, at Aunt Mimi’s Creations, added a pretty burlap border to a hurricane lantern. Love the little button too.

Crystal Brew Who

Crystal, at Brew Who, made herself some sassy black trimmed burlap window treatments and they are adorable.

Crystal Olive Rue

Crystal, at Olive Rue, found this table and chairs at a garage sale, shabbied it up with some white paint and added burlap to the seats. I just love this one!

Karas Cottage

Kara at Kara’s Cottage got really industrious and wallpapered a room with burlap. I think this is really creative!

Kasey

Kasey is displaying a pretty monogrammed table runner that her mom had made for her. What a great gift that is!

Kathleen Bliss Journey

Kathleen at The Bliss Journey used burlap to wrap a package. How cute is this?

Lois

Lois went the easy on the time route and ordered drapes and a table skirt from Ballards Designs. They have been onto the burlap game for quite sometime. Always ahead of the curve, that Ballards is.

Melissa Huckleberry Prairie

Melissa at Huckleberry Prairie, made fabric covered canvas boards for over her fireplace and added in some burlap to break up the pattern. Great way to add some texture to a room.

Pam Happy  Homemaker

Pam made a cute little burlap shade for her bathroom. I am loving burlap on the windows. Wish I had another one to treat. :)

Randee Good life

Randee made the cutest window treatment out of that famous birdie shower curtain that has been around blogland. I love how she personalized it with a burlap border.

Randee shower curtain

Closeup of Randee’s window treatment.

Sarah A Beach Cottage

Sarah, the undeniable Burlap Queen, has thrilled us with her use of burlap all over that beautiful Beach Cottage of hers. The girl just takes some gorgeous photos as well.

Sarah Memories on Clover

Sarah at Clover Lane, came up with another great window treatment use for burlap. I adore this bordered valance. Reminds me of a jute rug with a pretty patterned border.

Sue Thistlepatch Hill

Sue, at Thistlepatch Hill, made a beautiful black with burlap memo board that is very chic.

Vanessa Vanilla lavender

Vanessa at Vanilla Lavender covered a chair seat with burlap AND added a cute as pie coffee bag pillow. Love this!

Terry Cherished Treasures

Terry at Cherished Treasures framed a key on burlap. And how cute it looks!

Vintage Swamp Girl

And last, but not least, Vintage Swamp Girl (what a name she has:) came up with this adorable burlap and blue fabric pillow.

So, those are a few of the VERY fun burlap projects shared today. I have been by every single blog to visit and really got inspired to do something else with my stash. Thanks to all of you who joined the party and for those who came by to visit. These parties are always a lot of fun for me.

And I hope YOU got inspired too!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

39 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

They're all really creative and beautiful projects. Thank you featuring my table makeover. So sweet of you. I can't wait to add nail heads to the chairs. Thanks again for the idea. I hope you have a great weekend!

ladybug said...

Those are some really cute and unique ideas. Our son wants burlap curatins, with a western/rugged flair. He said some with rough cedar rods and barbed wire for tie backs. I have to get on this soon. Would welcome any thoughths on this idea or others.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Wow, so many creative uses for burlap! Thanks for sharing!

I'm hosting a "I Love Summer" linky party on tuesday. Please come participate.

Take Care
Darlene

Becky K. said...

Who would have thought you could do all of that with burlap?!?! Very fun idea! Thanks Rhoda!

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

Burlap is so timeless and agreeable to most decors. Loved seeing the various ways it was infused into the different homes. Thanks!

Pam said...

Hi Rhoda,

The Burlap Party was so much fun! I got a lot more ideas for what to do with my left-overs. Thanks soooo much for sharing my curtains on your party wrap up post today! I about fell out of my chair with excitement!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Pam

CHER said...

WOW! we have just bought our home and i am so excited to start decorating. My husband told me last night that the first thing on the list needs to be window treatments( as everyone can see in). I am so glad i read this today-- i am off to find me some burlap!!!!THANKS!!!

Melissa Marie said...

Rhoda,

Thank you for graciously hosting the burlap party. What a clever idea for a party...and I am delighted that you featured my project. I have so many new ideas to work with burlap now...can't wait to get started.

Have a Blessed Day,

Melissa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, there are so many wonderful uses of burlap. Such creative ideas. Love them all. Hugs, Marty

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Rhoda, Yes, I was inspired and I finally got around to linking up today. So many great ideas!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are some very cute ideas, Rhoda! Love them all!

XO,

Sheila :-)

KarenB said...

Thanks for showing us some highlights. I haven't had time yet to get through all of the posts. There were some fabulous ideas for sure!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hi Rhoda! I'm so honored to be seen in one of your favorite burlap creations post! I so enjoed this party! It was great! There were so many lovely and useful things made with burlap... that makes me want to have a house decoarte just with burlap! When I saw that brazilian coffee sack I could not resist! It feels very nice to have a little tiny bit of my "homeland" in my own home. Thank you for this great party! Vanessa

midnight macaroons said...

I've been struggling with options for a kitchen area window treatment. Now I'm going to use burlap curtains. Wow, it will look fantastic! Thank you so much for the great suggestions. The package is adorable too. What creative ideas!!! Thanks, Rhoda.....

Tami said...

Rhoda~

What a wonderful Burlap party and such great ideas....thanks for inviting us!!
I am truly honored that you highlighted my burlap hurricane...Thank-you!!

Have a great day!
Hugs~T

Maya@Completely Coastal said...

Absolutely great. How creative some of these uses are. Burlap is fashionable indeed and for lovers of the sea even more so.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh. my. gosh. Rhoda, thank you so much for hosting this party! I didn't have anything to share, but I sure got some great ideas!! :) If I can get over my "I might mess it up" fear of fabric, maybe I'll try my hand at sewing a table runner! ;)

Remodeling Guy said...

Would it make me sound all not Remodeling Guy'ish if I said I liked the gift package the most?

I can't really say that anyway because all of the things you showed here are amazing. I really liked the burlap on the wall with the little button trim. That was cool.

All good stuff. Thanks for rounding it up and posting it here!

Best,

Tim

Restoration House Interiors said...

I LOVE all of these! Great burlap party, Rhoda! Happy Friday!

Allyson said...

I enjoyed all of the great ideas for incorporating burlap into one's home decorating. Two questions: Do you wash the burlap first, or rather CAN you wash burlap [the cheap H.L. kind], and if not HOW do you get rid of the smell???

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Rhoda, you have inspired me. I would have never thought to use burlap to decorate. I only think of it an course, scratch material used in coffee bean sacks. Who knew? I guess you did. lol

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Allyson, I haven't really noticed a smell. And I'd say, no you can't wash this stuff. it would come apart, I'm afraid. The beauty of burlap is it's cheap & if it gets ruined, you're not out a lot. But I would not wash it!

Allyson said...

Thank you Rhoda! I didn't think you could wash it. You're right about the replacement value, or lack there of! I'll have to buy a little, lay it around, and see how my house smells. The alternative: maybe burlap is one reason Febreeze was invented! Ha! Thanks again!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Thanks for showing the highlights...those are such great projects!
Carrie

Unknown said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I love burlap and these are some great ideas.

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Rhoda; what a great post, and so many lovely ways to use burlap, I love them all. Such creative people out there...

Hugs;
Alaura

Swampgirl said...

Rhoda, Thanks so much for hosting this! I have so many ideas now! I went out today and got more burlap!! And the name... DH is in law enforcement and has issues with security. We live in the AL town named after the Creek word for Great Swamp and although I live downtown in the Historic District...I live one block from a swampy area! :) Swampgirl

Donna Lynn said...

Who knew burlap could be that wonderful! Wow, I am impressed, thanks for sharing all the wonderful ideas.

XO,
Donna Lynn

May said...

Hi there!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! Well, as from your comment, i've come back again...LOLZ!! beside, i've linked to your post in my blog!!

regards,
http://celebgosh.blogspot.com

Sarah abeachcottage said...

Hi Rhoda

just surfed on in here to go look at some burlap ideas, as I hadn't seen them all, so this post was great for me, I love love love the package wrapping one - off to look at that, and the window treatment/blind type one - I did actually make a 'drape' out of the burlap I had and while not a disaster I was really disappointed I hadn't thought of making it more of a square/pelmet type affair, anyway off to check that out, though not sure if we need anymore burlap in here lol!

and of course thanks so much for featuring me, you are too kind, I really* appreciate it, you rock

hope you are enjoying your weekend, I'm assuming you are having warm weather now down there, sigh I would so love to come visit, one of my goals in life is to go to deep south usa.

anyhoo see ya

Sarah

Margo said...

I'm really starting to love the Burlap too. What a great party, sorry I missed it. You might just have to do it again.
Margo

Anonymous said...

Your readers are creative! Loved the burlap party.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I love all of these great ideas. I made some wall art with burlap and had every intention of joining party, then totally forgot! I love my key wall art. The one you show with burlap is super cool too!

~Misti

Crystal said...

Thank you so much for posting my burlap window treatments on your blog! I feel like a celebrity! ha
It was a nice treat and you know I love all you do!
Always such an inspiration to me. I got a lot of good ideas from the burlap party...my first ever online party!

~Grace Happens~ said...

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS BURLAP PARTY?!!! I THINK IT'S BECAUSE I'VE BEEN DROWNING IT IT LATELY FROM ALL MY BURLAP SALES ON ETSY!!!! Burlap is well loved by so many that is for sure. Would love for you to stop by my shop www.coastline.etsy.com :)

Best,

Grace
www.nameisgrace.blogspot.com

Mrs. Jones said...

Your Mimi's Creations link goes to Eck Life instead.

Amazing party!! Everything is inspiring.

~Heather

Kelee Katillac said...

Love the wallcovering idea! And the tacks and french welt are an excellent finisih!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I have never used burlap but these are gorgeous!! I going to have to think of a spot to put some! Wow!

Anita said...

I issed this party. Drat. So thanks for sharing. I am digging ALL of it and have been collectibg loads of ideas AND burlap, so I best just get started already!

Thanks for all the links too. You're a peach.