Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Inspiration: Timeless & Classic...Black & White

There's always been something really attractive to me about black & white color schemes. I find myself drawn to those colors in magazines & fabrics so many times, so I thought I'd share a few of my inspiration pics that I've found in many of the catalogs & magazines that I receive. I don't know about you, but once you get on one catalog mailing list, others join the bandwagon, so now I have catalogs galore. I love to page through them looking at all the pretty pictures & I always keep a few around, tossing the older ones as others take their place in my basket. In no particular order, here are a few beautiful black & whites for your Friday enjoyment! Thought I'd join the Friday inspiration bandwagon this week...might not always get to it, but this week I did.

If I had another undecorated room, I just might have to do black & white in there. I've been particularly drawn to the black/white damask pattern that is out now & think it is positively yummy. I know several of you agree with me on that one! The great thing about black & white is all the different colors you can put with it too...to change it up & make it totally different, but there's just something so classic about the combo of black & white.

From Winterthur:
From Horchow:

From Linensource:
From Southern Accents, 7-02:
From Winterthur:
From Winterthur:
From Art & Artifact:
From Ballard Designs:
From Ballard Designs:
From BHG:
From Frontgate:
Have a wonderful sunny weekend everyone!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

39 friends stopped by:

Lacy said...

WOW Rhoda!!!....LOVE your new banner & your inspiration pictures!!!..beautiful!!!..thanks for sharing!!!...Lacy

Southern Heart said...

I so enjoyed your Friday photos...I love black and white, too!

I also love your new banner. I tried to play with mine last night, but never could get it to look right. You did a great job on yours!

Andrea

Suzanne said...

Rhoda~Your new banner is beautiful! And the photos are too..there is something so appealing about black and white. I especially love it in toile.

Suzanne

Debra from Bungalow said...

The new banner is so pretty!Love your inspiration pix...... Black and white is one of my favs too... Still waiting for dessert!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda! ummmm okee dokie...I'll have to tweek it a bit when I find a little more free time..I'm pretty swamped today with a list as long as my arm, including a little girl sleepover here tonight at the cabin, but I'll let you know as soon as I do it;) xo

PAT said...

Love the new banner Rhoda!! I need to talk to "someone" about doing one for the back porch.:-)

I positively love that Horchow bedroom!!!

I did an inspiration post today, too. Not sure how often I will be able to do a Friday Inspiration, though. I loved doing this one, today!!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Beautiful! Beautiful!

I love the black and white..so classic!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting together such a beautiful black and white montage. :)

Cindy said...

Your banner looks great! I've been saving black and white inspiration pictures too. Yours are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, I love, love your new banner. What needs tweaking?

As you know I'm a big fan of black & white, so these inspiration photos are right up my alley!

I'm planning on going to the fabric store (Fabric & Fringe) on the weekend, the arborist is coming tomorrow to prepare the site for my art studio, so it depends on how long he's here.

Hope you didn't have any damage from the storms yesterday. Even though we were under a tornado warning untill ll pm all we got was heavy rain (which we needed).

xo,

Manuela

Rosemary said...

I love black and white. My dining room is done in black and white.
Beautiful pictures!
Happy Friday.
Rosemary

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Love the Black and White! Very classy. I wish I had another room to decorate. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I found an Alabama blogger. I live up here in the Huntsville area and I haven't been able to find any decent shops or flea markets, so it's nice to know I could drive a little way and find some down by you. I love your blog and especially the garden pics, we moved here from IL and we're finding it hard to make things grow in this hard clay. So keep them coming! Thanks, Debbie

SarahWhite said...

So, Rho. What did you find today? Anything worth sharing? Are you gearing up for the big sales tomorrow? I can't decide...Jr. League or BrookHighland. Choices, choices.

Regarding your baked french toast. Oh. My. Goodness. Soooooo good!! I know I gained 3 lbs. the day I made it...couldn't stop eating it...what a great recipe!!

I'll be eagarly awaiting tomorrow's post...good luck out there! ;)

Sadie Olive said...

I love black and white together to! :) I have been drawn to it myself. I am in love right now with Cary Nowell pieces, (she does white pottery with a simple black letter or number on each piece.) Great inspiration photos!

Sadie Olive said...

P.S. I also love the new banner! :)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Your photos are gorgeous - I had forgotten how much I loved black and white!

Justabeachkat said...

I love your new look! Beautiful!

Carol Bennett said...

Rhoda, I love black and white, infact, we recently gave a "black and white" cocktail party for a bride to be! Everyone even wore black and white! Such fun!
Carol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love the new banner!!!! looks fabulous, Rhoda.

Black and white, that is my favorite, sprinkle in a little red here and there. yes.:)

But then I also love shabby chic.

and red Toile Country French.

drats, I need more houses! happy weekend in the sun!Lidy

Susie Q said...

I adore B/W...my guest room has B/W bedding with burgundy walls...
Your photos chosen were so lovely. I so want that chest in the first picture! Love it.

Your new banner is just beautiful. I need to do something more exciting for mine...just not computer savvy I guess! Love the new look.

Have a sweet weekend dear Rhoda.
Hugs,
Sue

Jen Kershner said...

Well, I hadn't realized there was so much black and white out there until you posted all of these lovely pics!

By the way, I do remember your fence and lanscaping at your old house and have a few inspiration pics saved from there. Thanks for chiming in on my vote.

Lallee said...

Rhoda, what a great collection of black and whites. I always love the statement those colors make together. They're like style with an exclamation point!

Your new banner is fan-tabulous. That's fantastic and fabulous ;-)

I would love, love, love to see your hydrangeas when they bloom. I never thought about them growing wild. That is awesome! Did you see the Montgomery Mophead variety? Oh my! I've reached the point of where would I put a new plant, but it is soooooo tempting.

Warmly,
Lallee

Betty Jo said...

Rhoda I adore your new blog topper. Your photos for Inspiration Friday are lovely. I'm not much for decorating with black and white, but these settings you've chosen are gorgeous. xoxo

OldBagNewTricks said...

Love the new banner -- is spring cleaning fresh. And I love the bolack and white scheme. I am inches from upholstering a sofa in bold black and white checks -- three to six months, tops. Your collection is very inspiring. Thanks

Donna, The Decorated House said...

One more room....heeee heeeee
Some people could use one more house, not too big, just enough rooms to do more and more ideas. That's why Pat has the condo don't you think? :)

It's been a year and half since I bought those cushions for the porch and I really love them. So I really liked your outdoor picture, since I didn't have that one.
Have a great weekend!

Trudi said...

Love your new banner. Your black and white pictures are awesome. I love the grouping of transferware plates. I'm always looking for that style. They are not readily available where I live. I'd like a collection in brown tones.

Anonymous said...

Hi...

Love the Ballard Designs and Frontgate.....when that comes in the mail I am one happy camper they have such unique things !!

Your new banner is great, did Amy that did Daisy Cottage do yours too???

Have a nice week-end..
Kathy :)

Gina said...

Stunning! You have fantastic taste, I loved every singl photo! PS I have the same black and white plate that is shown on your page top!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda

I loved the inspiration and my taste of southern hospitality.

This is my first visit, but I will call again soon. Your blg is lovely and your photographs are stunning.

Marie

savvycityfarmer said...

Did you order one of everything>????

KLKinFLA said...

Love the new banner, and the black and white inspiration photos! I have a lot of black in my home...mostly iron. Love the way it anchors a room.

Lori said...

Hi Rhoda!
Hope you had a nice wk.end - your banner is beautiful! And, I visit your site daily - thanks for the kind comment and I will definitely be back to visit!
Love your Friday inspirational!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, I loved seeing all of these fantastic photos - I love black and white too - these are great examples of that! Fun to see! Thank you!
xo,
Kim

CG said...

Like the new banner!!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,
Thank-you so much for this lovely black and white color story!
best
Robin

Mrs. Jones said...

Great inspiration. Thanks for the photos!

Anonymous said...

love your pics and your site. stumbled on it by accident as i am a huge fan of vintage and black and white. i just ordered these and thought you'd like them. they are truly this generation's baggies in the best black and white scroll print i've ever seen. I pretty much love it all on this site and order here often. Not Your Grandma's Baggies at vintageweave.com or http://www.vintageweave.com/store/page15.html

thanks and great job on pictures. Marcy- Texas

Anonymous said...

I planning on doing a bedroom with black and white damask bedding. What kind of window treatments? I have plantation shutters on the bottom half of the windows. What color paint on walls? Greens, Reds, Yellows, etc??? Need some ideas.