Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Welcome Wall Pocket

Here's the wall pocket I found yardsaling ($3) a couple weeks ago. I decided since it's black & the door's black, I needed a pop of color to really bring this area alive, so I got some pretty faux red orchid stems & a really pretty yellowy lily, added a few other fillers & here it is. I love the little birdsnest. Hobby Lobby had their florals on sale this week, so I got it all for 50% off...gotta love that. I had to find a way to hang this on the metal door & found a magnet hook at Michaels that worked perfectly.
We are hosting a dessert party here at our house this Sunday night for a few neighbors (for us all to meet & get to know each other) & I wanted something pretty on the door. We've invited about 15 families, so we'll see how this turns out. I think we may have a house full! I'm making a homemade New York style cheesecake with fresh strawberries & everyone is bringing their favorite desserts. I'll let you know how it goes!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

34 friends stopped by:

willzmom said...

So pretty, and it looks great on your black door. The cheescake sounds yummy! Your guests will feel so welcome with your fabu front door.

Southern Heart said...

That is just beautiful, Rhoda! (I love Hobby Lobby's sales, too). That is so welcoming---I would definitely want to come to a get-together at your home. :)

The dessert party sounds yummy....I'll be anxious to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Rhoda! Dessert's the best part of meal anyway (in my opinion)! Sounds like fun.

Manuela

PAT said...

That sounds like a great party, Rhoda!

Love the door arrangement. That pop of color really gives your black door a lift! The pocket is wonderful!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Candy said...

Very pretty! :)

Rosemary said...

Hi,
I am new to your blog, and I just started my own.
Your front door looks really pretty. I'm sure your party will be great! Who doesn't love cheesecake???
Rosemary

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh my, I have been trying not to think about cheesecake...
how can they all not love your cheesecake and hospitality?

Suzanne said...

Yum! Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts! What a lovely thing to do for your neighbors.
The wall pocket is a great find!, and with arrangement, it looks perfect on your door.

Suzanne

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Cheesecake! New York style! Hubby just treated me to a cheesecake for my birthday when we were in NYC this past weekend. I LOVE cheesecake! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful party - and I adore that wall pocket you've put together!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Thanks so much, I can always count on your for some "pretty" and great ideas to spruce up.

I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will. I will be there in mind and spirit "blog~time"!

Lidy

Anonymous said...

Love it!
You have the touch.

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful! What a way to welcome guest! Enjoy your party!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Cheesecake! Yummm.....
Flowers on the front door are so welcoming. The iron piece looks perfect there.
Donna

OldBagNewTricks said...

Of course this is lovely -- everything you do is and how thoughtful to have something pretty at the door to greet your guests. A dessert party will be divine.

Susie Q said...

Your door is gorgeous! I love Hobby Lobby and their sales!

What a sweet welcome for your neighbors. So pretty. I adore throwing dessert parties. They are always fun!

You have such a way with design and hostessing...what lucky invited guests!

I look forward to hearing all about it!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty Rhoda! I bet you have a fun evening. Take photos.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Your wall pocket is beautiful! The colors really pop on the front door! Can't wait to hear about the dessert party.

Lallee said...

Beautiful welcome for your front door. I like the colors against the black. I thought the magnet idea was brilliant! I'm sure your party will be a hit this weekend. The neighbors are in for a treat ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love your door pocket. And I love the fact that you are having a house full of people eating DESSERT! What a way to fill a house.

Cherry xx

Anonymous said...

What an excellent three dollar treasure. Its beautiful!

Brin said...

What a clever and beautiful welcome arrangement! I love your idea, ingenuity, and use of a garage sale find. Could there be anything more rewarding? Good going!

Your blog is always such a thrill. Thanks for being a blessing... both here and on my blog!

Have a great weekend,
Brin
www.messythrillinglife.blogspot.com

It's a Mom Thing said...

I think your guests will feel very welcomed by your beautiful arrangement. I especially like the feathers. Very nice!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Rhoda, just found your link through another blog..what a beautiful blog you have. I'll be back to read more, often. Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Did I hear CHEESECAKE? Good golly that is my favorite desert..mom use to make a homemade cheesecake that was out of this world...ummmm I will have to have her make me one next time I have her around(last time she was here she made me a pineapple upside down) ummmmmmmmm thinking thinking what type of masthead shall I make for ms southern hospitality? :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pheasant feathers in the arrangment. A dessert party is something I haven't tried yet! Can't wait to see photos!

La Tea Dah said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your new door wall pocket! The yellow sets it all off perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Evening Rhoda! come visit:)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty arrangement for your front door, Rhoda! Very welcoming too! Your guests are just going to love everything about you and your home, from the minute they walk through your front door - and cheesecake too? Oh, I am so JEALOUS of your lucky neighbors! They are in for such a treat!..And speaking of treats.. hop on over to Amy's, she's got a "surprise" for you! ;-)

Trudi said...

Hi Ronda,
You emailed me today about your banner at my work addy. I tried something similar to what you did. Did not turn out quite the same, but am happy with the results. Thanks a million. Please stop by.

Lori said...

Hi
Beautiful door arrangement! Hope your dinner party goes well. I just started my own blog and would love for you to visit.

Lori

Naturegirl said...

Great Job! I am interested in that magnet hook! I'll have to look into it! Dessert party! Wish I was attending! I am trying your baked fench toast when I return home! mmmmmm..hugs NG

Betty Jo said...

That is a beautiful and welcoming arrangement Rhoda. Can't wait to hear all about your dessert party! Wish I lived closer to you. xoxo

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Sounds like fun! Your wall pocket is gorgeous!

Heather

Carol Bennett said...

Rhoda, the door cone looks wonderful! What a great idea, dessert party! I may have to steal that idea from you sometime!
Carol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com