Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." - Abraham Lincoln


Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend with your moms & I hope your kids do something special for you. I'm going to see my mom on Sunday, so I wish you all a Happy, Happy Mother's Day too!




I managed to capture some shots of our red-headed woodpeckers (and a red cardinal) that hang out in our neighborhood. They enjoy the birdfeeder on our deck, but are a little too big for it...no problem, where there's a will there's a way!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I often hear a woodpecker at work in our backyard, but I can never catch a glimpse.

Southern Heart said...

I always enjoy birdie pictures! Yours are amazing...aren't they pretty? I love to watch them, and those are two special ones!

I hope that the MOM works for you (I'll take a hug anyway! :) and that you have a wonderful visit with your Mother.

Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics Rhoda! Enjoy your time with your mom and have a wonderful weekend!
xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! We have one of those crazy woodpeckers that pecks on our house every morning!

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes! I know you'll have a great visit with your Mom. Try to get to that garden place if you have time.

Take Care,

Manuela

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!
We are birdwatchers here, so I enjoy bird pictures! Those are beautiful woodpeckers, and of course the cardinals are always lovely!
:)

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
I love the bird pictures. We have woodpeckers here in California, but no cardinals. I have never seen one in person.
Rosemary

Cindy said...

Those birds are beautiful. We don't have any colorful birds here in my area of California. They are all brown or black except for the hummingbirds. Oh, I almost forgot the white seagulls and gray doves...still no color though! black, brown, gray and white...how boring. It was really nice to see your red birds!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

What pretty birds. I have never seen a red-headed woodpecker, but I did enjoy hearing a cardinal singing a few days ago.

Have a lovely weekend

Marie x

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Well, those are certainly very pretty birds!

Not ones we see around our garden, that's for sure.

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow! Great photos! Aren't they beautiful birds?!

Happy Happy Mother's Day to you too!

La Tea Dah said...

I love your bird pictures! The red-headed woodpeckers are beauties.

Susie Q said...

I love your bird visitors! My mother had several woodpeckers around her home in TN. When Dan was 8 & 9, he always pronounced the word, "Woodypicky" We still call them that to this day! : )
Have a sweet visit with your Mother. Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,
Sue

Betty said...

Rhoda, fantastic pictures of our feathered friends...We have a nest of cardinals in our back yard. They are learning to fly.....
Happy Mother's Day.....
Betty

willzmom said...

Great bird pictures. Woodpeckers are a bit of a pest to us, but they are fascinating to watch. We have some of the big ones around here and you can hear them for miles. Thanks for sharing and have a great visit with your mom.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Amazing pictures ~ I love when they stay still long enough to capture their beauty with a picture. Have a great time with your mom and have a fabulous weekend.

Suzanne said...

What pretty photos. Those woodpeckers have beautiful colors.

Have a wonderful time with your Mom.

Suzanne

smilnsigh said...

You did wonderfully with these bird photos. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Betty Jo said...

Happy, Happy Mother's Day to you too dear Rhoda. Super photos of the birds. We hope to get our feeder up soon. I'm itching for some bird shots too. xoxo

savvycityfarmer said...

I have woodpeckers, nuthatch, cardinals, gold finch and more every day....the backyard guests..I keep the feeders clean and filled and I have three bird baths..they LOVE it...
HMD to my new found friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day.
xo
Robin

Tracey said...

the birds are beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day, my sweet friend!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Happy Mother's Day after! You really did catch some birds in action didn't you?!

Cindy said...

After I left a message here Friday saying we don't have colorful birds around my house, guess what showed up? A cute little bird with a red belly. He's been sitting right out side my kitchen window for the last 3 days, on and off. He's so adorable. I'm going to try to get a picture of him.

Jill said...

Just wanted to say hi. I came over from justabeachkat. Love all your treasurs and decorating. I have a shop on Miami Circle in Buckhead (ATL)... so you know love me some decorating!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family !!!

My daughter graduated college on Mother's Day...we had such a special time.

Have a wonderful vacation,
Kathy =)