Friday, May 18, 2007

Life is Good at the Beach!

Ahhh, the beach! Indeed, life is Good at the Beach. We're off for a week at the beach! Hope you all have a wonderful week & don't forget about me! I'll take lots of pics & share when I get back. In the meantime, we'll be eating lots of seafood, lounging in the sand (under the umbrella, of course) and relaxing with a good book!
If you've never been to the Gulf Coast of Florida, you are missing out on the best beach experience in the good ole' USA! It's truly the most beautiful beaches around...powdery, sugar white sand, blue skies, & blue-green water. Spectacular! We just love Florida's Gulf Coast! See ya'll soon!

Beach sign Pics courtesy of Stacks & Stacks Homewares & World Market.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

35 friends stopped by:

PAT said...

Have a great time at the beach, Rhoda.

Not been to the Gulf Coast of FL. Would love to go there, someday!

See you back here, soon!!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Southern Heart said...

I'm really going to miss you (forget you? Never!)! I think that I'd rather be going to the beach than garage sale-ing. I will look forward to your return, and seeing your pictures from your trip (there are some fun antique places on the way... ;)

Love, Andrea

Betty Jo said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach. We'll miss you. I was born and grew up in Florida. I agree, the Gulf Coast beaches are wonderful!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach - be sure to wear plenty of sunblock! I'm sure you can find a yardsale somewhere along there LOL!

Manuela

Tonja said...

Soak up some sun for me. And I totally agree about the Gulf Coast.
Enjoy!

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy your time together! Diane

Donna, The Decorated House said...

It is some of the most beautiful beaches for sure! Have a good time!
Donna

Rosemary said...

I have never been. Sounds beautiful. Have a wonderful time!
Rosemary

Suzanne said...

Have a wonderful time! Sounds like so much fun. Growing up, my family lived in Tampa for a few yrs. I miss the beach!
Can't wait to see your photos.
Suzanne

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hope you have a relaxing, wonderful time Rhoda!!

Enjoy enjoy...and please share all about it when you return.
Lidy

Jennifer said...

How truly delightful! Have a marvelous time away.
~Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,

Hope you have a wonderful time, we have friends on Marco Island and we visited last year, while there we also did Naples. We love the area.

Did you find a yardsale ?...lol

Can't wait to see some pics.

Kathy =)

Trudi said...

Oh I am so jelous. It's my favorite place in the world, at least where I've been. I have a permanet pic. of clearwater beach on my sidebar of the blog.
Have fun!

KLKinFLA said...

I wonder if you're somewhere near my hometown...Fort Walton? I love it up there. Best beaches in the world. Enjoy!

Sheila said...

Have a great time..!
We have vacationed there.
My in-laws had a winter home there, in Clearwater, for many years..
See you when you get back..!
xx

Anonymous said...

I love the Gulf Coast of Florida!!!! Have a beautiful time, can't wait to see pictures.

Hugs,

Carol

Tracey said...

I've been online the past couple of weeks trying to narrow down where we're gonna stay in June.

The Gulf beaches have the softest, whitest sand ever!

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. The beach is my favorite place in the world. We went to Destin once and the water was so beautiful.

Justabeachkat said...

There is NO place this side of heaven quite like the beach! Enjoy!

Hope to see you.

Nadine said...

Have a great time. You'll enjoy Florida.

Jill said...

Have a great time. We vacation in Seaside every year. I'll be looking forward to your photos.. and let us know what you read!

Susie Q said...

Oh yes! We lived in Pensalcola twice and Corpus Christ, TX and Tampa so know the Gulf Coast well...from 3 areas!

When you mentioned the "sugar" sands I was transported back to Pensacola...gorgeous beaches.

I know you will have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy each other and the sunshine! I am betting that there a *few* antique shops here and there...: )

Stay well and safe! HAVE FUN!

Hugs,
Sue

Sandy said...

Have so much fun!
Can't wait to see your pix!
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

Sue said...

Have a great beach vacation. We've been going to the Naples area for spring break since the late 70's, love the gulf coast. Where do you go?

Deb said...

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

totally jealous! I can just feel the clean sea air and feel the sand at my feet. Ahhh. The good life.
Enjoy.
xo
Robin

Barbara said...

Hi! Rhoda

Justcame across your site. Will come back and visit all soon. Wish I was there too on the Florida Gulf Coast. Have not been on the Florida coast but have sailed through the Gulf many times in all weathers.
Come and visit me, we both love gardens, among othe things.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh I just have to say I'm here mowing while you rest under the umbrella. And babysitting twin 6 year old boys oh joy. Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time! Nothing like those sugar white sandy beaches and that Gulf water & air. Oh how we miss it! And the seafood!!!!

While we live just 2 hours from the beaches here in NC, I still say that the Gulf Coast is the best! We may be sneaking some time down there to visit our family who are still in Louisiana. That gives us an excuse to scoot on over to Pensacola to see other relatives and friends and get in some much needed 'beach time'. So glad you shared this! I always love visiting your blog! Have fun!!!
D~

Unknown said...

Awww, the beach! Awesome! Have fun!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on winning over at Betty's site!! You used to live in Ga I see. We live here in Savannah now for the past 6 years and love it. You have a beautiful site. Hope you have a relaxing time away..Sandy

Anonymous said...

I've never visited the Gulf Coast but it does look fabulous. Wishing you a wonderfully relaxing vacation.

Marie x

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Rhoda, enjoy your time at the beach...can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

Just Melody said...

You have such a pretty blog. Enjoy your time at the beach. :)

Blessings
Melody
www.xanga.com/frugalmel

savvycityfarmer said...

Yes, I've been there.....but now want to go AGAIN