Monday, June 18, 2007

Our Anniversary....and a little blackberry crisp for dessert...

Two years ago today, I was a June bride. Peter & I got married on June 18th & I really can't believe it's gone by so fast. We had a small wedding with just a few family & friends at my old house in GA & it was perfect. This isn't the first time around for either of us. Peter actually lost his first wife to cancer in 2001 & I've been married before too. It's been a whirlwind, but I'm very thankful we found each other. We plan to spend the rest of our lives together! Thought I'd share a couple of our weddings pics. A friend of mine who I was working with at the time took these pics & she did a wonderful job. I'm so glad we had some great photos to remember the day.


My hubby's been picking blackberries again & in honor of Father's Day, I found a recipe on Food Network for Blackberry Crisp & cooked it up on Sunday. I'll share it in case you want to try it:

Fresh Blackberry Crisp

4 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 TBL. flour, plus 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 375*. In large bowl, combine blackberries, sugar & lemon juice together with 2 TBL. flour. Pour into deep dish pie plate. In separate bowl, blend remaining 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, & butter. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries. Bake for 30 min. until bubbly.
Mine wasn't crumbly when I mixed it all with the butter, but I melted the butter & that's probably why. I think if you let the butter soften & then mix, it would be crumbly. It's absolutely delicious...my hubby raved about it. He liked it a lot better than cobbler, as the berries really are intense in this one. Lots more berries & less crust in this one.
I got to cook it in my brand new Pampered Chef pie plate, which I bought at this weekend's yardsales for $2.00! I love those kinds of bargains.


Berries are the best!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

60 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely stunning and the two of you make a such lovely couple!

Your blackberry crisp looks yummy! My blackberries are still red. But I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to pick some and make a crisp too.

Manuela

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

June Brides are a treasure :)

and so is that wonderful lookin' blackberry crisp...I may seriously have to look for a blackberry patch around here...

Morgan said...

Rhoda~ you were a beautiful bride! Peter looks dashing in those pictures as well :o) Happy Anniversary!

Our berry crop has come and gone, dewberries at least. Your pictures look totally yummy...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Rhoda...and many. many more !!! I too was a June bride, June 16...

Not a big fan of the blackberry, I wonder how blueberries would do ??? Thanks for the recipe.

Take care,
Kathy =)

willzmom said...

Congratulations! I hope that you have MANY, MANY more to celebrate. I love blackberries, and I'd like to try your recipe, thanks for sharing.

Betty Jo said...

Happy Anniversary Dear Rhoda . . . and many, many more! You two are such a beautiful couple. Your blackberry crisp is gorgeous. I would love to have some of it for dessert, as I just finished my lunch. xoxo

Rosemary said...

Happy Anniversary!!
You both look so cute!
Glad you are a happy couple.

The blackberries look sooo good.
I will have to try that recipe soon.
Thanks,
Rosemary

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy Anniverary!! Rhoda, wishing you and your sweetheart the rest of your life to be happy, laugh a lot, and be blessed!

Lidy

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary dear Rhoda! May you and Peter have many, many more years of wedded bliss! You so deserve it! And your blackberry crisp looks DELICIOUS!
xo,
Kim

Cindy said...

What a beautiful couple! Happy Anniversary!

The blackberry crisp looks yummy. I'm on a diet and everyone is posting beautiful desserts today!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Ya'll are so sweet and that crisp........mmmmm, I could eat it right outta this picture!!! Happy Anniversary!

Betty said...

Rhoda, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband......tomorrow, June 19th, is our 47th anniversary...we were married on Father's Day...I laughingly told my husband that I was the best gift his Father ever received on Father's Day......

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Anniversaries! What a gorgeous couple of photos of a wonderful June wedding! And the crisp looks wonderful -- and your bargain dish is just the right setting!

Jan x (Teacats) at Rosemary Cottage

Susie Q said...

How stunning a couple you are. A gorgeous bride!
Happy Anniversary....and blackberry crisp to boot!
Now that is a treat!

I will leave a little *remembrance* for you in my blog!

Hugs and best wishes for years and years more of joy and togetherness!

Sue

Debra from Bungalow said...

Happy Anniversary & many more to you & Peter. Your wedding pix are beautiful !

The recipe looks yunmmy too. :)

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Happy anniversary Rhoda, you & Peter make a wonderful looking couple. Thank you for sharing your blackberry crisp recipe.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

a Happy Anniversary from me too!

All of the pictures are yummy LOL...

violetlady said...

Happy Anniversary!! And thanks for the blackberry recipe. I will definitely be using it.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! You are a stunning couple! =)

And thank you for the blackberry crisp recipe - if I can't eat my own berries, I will BUY some and try this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And many, many more.

The crisp recipe looks scrumptious! I'm going to have to try that one.

KLKinFLA said...

Happy Anniversary! The years do pass quickly, don't they? You are a lovely couple...many happy returns!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Ooo I hope you lovebirds had some vanilla ice cream to go on that!
We are still waiting for our blackberries to get fat and dark. Thanks for the recipe! Sweet photos all around.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

You were a stunning bride! Happy Anniversary.
The berry crisp looks so yummy.
Have a great week

Southern Heart said...

Happy Anniversary! And what beautiful wedding photos! You were a beautiful bride, and you all make a beautiful couple! (My mother was a June bride, too).

You crisp looks delicious, also! I wish you and Peter many more years of happiness and everything you wish for!

Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous, girl!
Congrats on 2 years.
Did you know I use to sell PC? I love the stuff. My kitchen is FULL of it :)
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

Tina Leigh said...

What a handsome couple yall make!! Congrats on your anniversary! Wish we had some blackberries here. Its been too dry & hot...they just want make.

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful photos.
The blackberry crisp recipe is one I will definitely try :-}

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Anniversary!
You are a beautiful bride, and you make a lovely couple! You look very happy!
:)

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Goodness time flies! It was nice seeing your pictures again, 2 years later and it seems like a few months. But so much has happen since then so it has to be years not months. Your new home in AL sure suits you well, and you know I'm happy for you.
Donna

Cheryl Wray said...

What beautiful wedding photos!! You are a gorgeous couple!!
And yumm...berries! I love them--all kinds of them--in just about anything!! Cobbler is my fave!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Such a handsome couple.

Thank you for the blackberry crisp recipe!
My husband was standing behind me as I was reading your blog and he begged me to make it for us.

We just went through the same thing with a banana pudding recipe on another blog. LOL

Kimberly :)

B said...

Rhoda,
Happy Anniversary - what a lovely couple the two of you are! I just found your blog, and your little online shop. You have great things for sale. I'll keep checking back to see what other treasures you offer. I'm an ebay junkie, but don't find so many good deals there anymore, so would love to shop at your store!

Simply Me Art said...

Happy Anniversary, you two looked absolutely Great on your Special Day. Oh, I am absolutely making the Blackberry Crisp too. Hope your day was wonderful.

Sheila said...

I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm here to offer my congratulations and best wishes for your second anniversary. xxx
The blackberry crisp looks delish, they are one of my favourite berries.
hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rhoda, on your anniversary! What lovely pics!

And speaking of lovely pics, the blackberry crisp photos are fantastic. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda......Happy Anniversary! Boy two years has flown hasn't it!
I am so glad you found your true love & are so very happy in your beautiful home. I hope it was a great day for you both!
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Rhoda & Peter, You make a handsome couple.

Can't wait to try the blackberry crisp - I love berries!

Marie x

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

You look absolutely beautiful Rhoda! Very elegant and stylish! Glad you two found each other-you make a lovely couple!

Lallee said...

Happy anniversary! You look beautiful in your bride's dress.

My husband has such fond memories of picking blackberries with his grandfather. He would love this recipe.

PAT said...

Happy Anniversary Rhoda! I cannot believe it's been 2 years!! I remember those photos. They're wonderful and really capture the two of you beautifully!

The blackberry crisp looks delish!

Pat

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the second picture of you and hubby. How happy! That cobbler sure looks good! Also, I love reading your blog. Happy Anniversary and many more.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely wedding dress you wore!
I just found your blog and it is a delight. Your taste is impeccable!!

Linda

Barbara said...

Congratulations.
Your blackberries so early compared with ours. Our begin late August. The Cobler looks wonderful

Naturegirl said...

~Happy Anniversary~ wishing you much happiness always and forever!
What a nice gift you share...LOVE blackberries!hugs NG

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Anniversary! You look beautiful. Love your dress too! You look so happy! Here's to many, many more happy years together!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your wedding pics, Rhoda! You look beautiful and you two make a handsome couple! I love your dress. Happy belated anniversary to your and your hubby!

The blackberry crisp looks yummy. I've printed it out to try when I can find some blackberries.

Betty said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You make a very handsome couple!

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi, I just found you. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the crisp recipe. We have a lot of blackberries here. Your blog is beautiful! Laurie

Lana Manis said...

Happy Anniversary Rhoda!
The Blackberry Crisp looks delicious! My Mom always picked fresh blackberries and made Blackberry Dumplings...ummmm-mmm!

Lana

Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple you are! May you have many more happy years together. Oh, and the berry crisp looks yummy!

Gina said...

Happy anniversary, you are such a lovely couple, and the yummy treat looks good too.

Anonymous said...

You two make the most beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride you are! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Rhoda! Happy Anniversary to you both:) and MAAAAAANY more! blackberries are my favorite and I can't wait till they are ripe enough around here...I find them all over the place growing wild:) x0

Anonymous said...

Yo are the most gorgeous bride! What a glamorous couple.
xo
Robin

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniverary Rhoda and hope you have many more. I enjoy stopping by your blog and I think you are one incredibly talented lady.

Pat said...

Rhonda.......Congradulations to you and Peter!!! May you have many more years together!! xox

Terri said...

Hi Rhoda,
Happy anniversary to you! I read all these blogs with happy ladies and beautiful homes and invariably I find out that they're in second marriages. I'm still on my first but it's definitely on the rocks.... Kinda gives me hope that I can move forward with a new life despite being 53 years old. Take care and keep posting. I LOVE your blog!

Jenny said...

Great wedding pics! Happy Anniversary!

I love blackberries and will have to try this recipe!