I got tagged by Betty at Country Charm for 8 Random things about me, so I'll play along. I did a similar one back in May, so had to go back & read that to be sure I pick something different to share. So...here goes!
*I have a sweet tooth that won't quit. I'll blame it on my Dad, but when I finish eating a meal, I immediately want something sweet. Luckily, it can be something small, but that sweet craving is very strong for me. I don't keep a lot of sweets around the house, cause me & the hubby love them too much.
- I was attacked at a small little zoo in FL when I was about 4 years old by a monkey in a cage. I was with my parents & uncle & we had peanuts that we were feeding to the monkeys. They all turned to walk away & I was still standing there with my hands full of peanuts. One of the monkeys grabbed my dress trying to get more peanuts & just about ripped it off me. I screamed & they came & rescued me pronto! No harm done, but the dress was history.
- I attended 2 years of college & wish I had continued & finished. I just got tired of school & couldn't wait to get out into the big world! Don't think I'll go back now though.
- I wish I could sing really well. I can sing OK in a choir, but would love to be able to belt it out & do neat solos. I am not that talented & someone else got my singing voice. If I could pick who I'd like to sing like..it would be a Black sista, like Mandisa or CeCe Winans. Oh well, I can make a joyful noise in the car. By myself.
- I have been to several Caribbean islands....Bahamas, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, & St. Barths. And, I'd love to go again!
- I'm just now reading the Bible through for the very first time this year. Yes, I've read many scriptures & studied it over the years, but have never read it all the way through. I was convicted that I need to do that.
- I love gardening, but hate the maintenance part. Like pulling weeds. I'll put it off all summer & then wait for things to die back in winter. Then I'll get busy in Spring & get it all spruced up again. I'm just terrible with the maintenance part, especially in the heat of the summer. By August, I'm over it! (you will see lots of weeds in my garden beds right now!)
- My hubby & I are in the Bible together...well, our names are at least. :) Check out Acts 12:13: Peter knocked at the outer entrance and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. Some things never change, I feel like a servant girl sometimes. When we first met, that was quite a topic of conversation.
So, I'm going to tag 8 of you new girlfriends (and some I've known awhile) who visit me & I've gotten to know in the last couple of months:Linda with Restyled Home
Julie at Equus Villa
Morgan at Funky Junk Co.
Heather at Heather J
Des at Peeking Thru the SunflowersDebra at The Bunnies' Bungalow
Kristi at Sunny Pond Home
Steph at It's Toile, Y'all
OK, girls...consider yourselves tagged! Go & multiply.