Monday, September 10, 2007

Deeper Still Women's Conference

Oh. what a weekend! We had such an awesome time at the Deeper Still conference in Nashville. God showed up in a mighty big way & I want to tell you all about it.


This is my friend, Debbie, with the pretty white farmhouse you saw a couple of weeks ago. We went with a group of 30 ladies & had a great time. Our first afternoon there, we ate at a Fish Camp restaurant right across the street from our hotel. We stayed across the street from the Opryland Hotel & I took lots of pics of that place too. Talk about an awesome hotel! I've never seen anything like it. I'll do a whole other post just on that very soon, so you don't want to miss it.
Our group leader who put this trip together likes to get really, really close to the stage for one of these conferences, so that means you have to camp outside the doors for at least 2-3 hours before the doors open, so that you can run for the front seats & get a good spot (you should see all these Chrisian women running & pushing...not our best moment, LOL). This is just a part of the whole crowd in the lobby on Friday afternoon waiting for the doors to open. It's not fun, but a necessary thing to do when you are attending a conference with 20,000 women!! Can you believe that...the place was packed OUT!
We took a charter bus & that was great. We all got to sit back leisurely & enjoy the ride. This is part of the Nashville scene we saw on the way downtown to the Sommet Conference center.
Here's the conference center from the outside. I had never been to Nashville & it's a very pretty city. Loved it!
This is the famous Ryman Theater.

On Friday night, we were 3 rows behind all the speakers & their hubbies. All of them brought their men along on this conference, so it was fun to see them too. Here's Beth Moore, with her hubby, Keith, & that's Pricilla Shirer from the back & her hubby.
These conferences are so big that they have huge big screen TV's everywhere, so all can see what's going on all the time. This is Beth, Kay, & Pricilla on the stage on the first night. Kay had broken her foot really bad, so was in a wheelchair the whole weekend. Oh, and that's the back of Mandisa's head. She was there & rocked the house on Saturday!
Pricilla Shirer was the first speaker & ladies, if you've never heard her, she is an awesome speaker too. Her daddy is Tony Evans, out of Dallas, TX. She's a great communicator of The Word.
Here we are in the men's restroom...since this was a women's conference, we got to use both. Unfortunately, as you can see, this one is mostly urinals. LOL
Mandisa was there & sang Shackles for us on Saturday. The house went crazy & we all loved every minute of it. This woman can SING to the glory of GOD!! This lady was getting her pic taken with Mandisa, so I snapped one too.

I don't even know where to begin to tell you what an absolutely awesome weekend it was. We were all so blessed & so glad we went. All 3 speakers held our attention & spoke from their hearts on what they felt the Lord wanted them to share with us. They all spoke on David & we couldn't get enough from them. We soaked up the Word and I know God worked in all of our hearts for us to hear from Him & take back home with us everything we had heard & listened to all weekend. If you've never been to one of these conferences, I'd urge you to go. The praise & worship music is thrilling & heavenly. The speakers are just the best you could imagine...all 3 of these women are super communicators & we all came home with such a sense of being blessed tremendously by being there & taking it all in. I'm not even doing it justice by trying to describe it, but I hope you can get an idea. The Lord was there, in a mighty big way!

The last hour of the afternoon on Saturday was such a treat as Beth, Kay, & Priscilla sat on stage & answered questions that were pre-written for them. They talked about everything from lipstick, fashion, marriage & sex. We were all rolling on the floor after they all got wound up!! All 3 of them are very funny ladies & we were hysterically laughing by this time. At one point, Beth actually laid out on the floor after Kay brought up the subject of sex. We were rolling!
What an awesome weekend! I just can't say enough. They will all be in Atlanta & Las Vegas next year with this same group, so if you get the chance to go, please do it!! You will not be sorry. It was truly a blessing!
Thank you all so much for stopping by & leaving such wonderful comments while I was gone. I'm so glad you loved the new chandelier too! I sure love sharing all of these special things with ya'll! You're the BEST!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

35 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

Rhoda,
I'm so glad you had such an awesome time!!!! Wish I lived closer to Nashville {{Sigh}} :) I enjoyed hearing all about it and seeing the wonderful pictures!

Thanks, and have a super day!

PAT said...

Rhoda...sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I absolutely love Nashville and have many fond memories of living there. It's not only a beautiful city, the surrounding countryside is gorgeous, too!

I was at Ryman Auditorium in 1964. Saw the Grand Old Opry there.

I'd recommend a visit to beautiful Nashville anytime!

Pat

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Hi Rhonda:

I wish I had been there too! I love Beth and Kay. I have not heard Priscilla speak, but if she's anything like her Dad - she must be awesome. I adore Tony Evans.

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Opryland Hotel with my husband while he was attending a conference. It certainly is beautiful, isn't it? With the piano player playing the grand piano many, many floors up on a balcony and the gondola boat rides around the hotel. I've not seen anything like it before, or after.

P.S. I made your low fat banana bread recipe on Saturday. It is awesome!! My family loved it. I will add your recipe to my FAVS.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda - I love your blog - I visit daily. I was so excited when you posted that you were going to Deeper Still. What a wonderful experience!! BTW - i live not too far from you. I am in Winston, GA, out I-20 going toward Atlanta.

Deb said...

Hi Rhoda
What an amazing experience to have the opportunity to hear these wonderful inspirational speakers. Your Nashville photos are wonderful.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

sounds like a wonderful time...i have stayed at opryland hotel and it is fantastic...i have always wanter to go to joyce meyer's womens conference too...thank you for sharing with us...blessings, rebecca

Miss Janice said...

Rhoda,
It sounds like it was a wonderful conference. I have lived in the South most of my life and have NEVER been to Nashville...I simply must go one day:)
Mis Janice

Nunnie's Attic said...

Rhoda,
I'm so glad that your visit was all that hoped for and more. What a thrilling moment it must have been to be worshiping God with so many people at one time.

Love,
Julie

tammi said...

Sounds like an awesome time!! Las Vegas next year you say, eh? Hmmmmm....

Rosemary said...

Wow Rhoda,
You had a wonderful weekend!!
Looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing!
Rosemary

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Rhoda,
What a blessing to experenice something like that. The Women of faith was the same way this weekend,ther were about 15,000 women. Anyway I felt so bad I gave you the wrong information Beth Moore was not there Friday morning it was a man. I don't know how I got the wrong info but wanted to let you know( sorry )

Julie said...

What a great time you had!! I would love to hear Mandesa sing...(still sulking that she did not win!) Great post!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Mandisa was a favorite of mine. I still can't believe she didn't make it to the end!

Manuela

Cottage Contessa said...

Wow, that sounds like an awesome conference! I'm so happy for you that you were able to attend!

Anonymous said...

I was there too. I "looked" for you. I am glad you got to be right up front. I went with a group of about 50 ladies from our church. It was just wonderful. Thank you for your blog I really enjoy your photos and look forward to reading each post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda........Glad your weekend was blessed in so many ways! I love Nashville too. I have been there also & been to Opryland Hotel.......it is awesome! We took the riverboat cruise & the tour around town. We saw the old & new Ryman. We were there when Opryland was still open & enjoyed that......they say Christmas time is when the Opryland Hotel is sensation with all the lights. YOur conference sounds so uplifting & it is always fun for a bunch of girls to get together! Glad you had an awesome experience & I will keep my ears open for any conferences like that around my way......Bonnie

Susie Q said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing it all with us.

I would always suggest Nashville as a place to visit! My parents lived, for 27 years, 2 hours from Music City. We were there often. I have been at Governor's Conf. there, at the State Capital and at the Gov's beautiful home. The Parthenon is lovely. The Ryman is such fun. Opryland Hotel is awesome! Have been there many times. At Christmas it is a veritable wonderland!

I have such find memories of that city and am so glad you were able to visit it.

Your conference sounded so uplifting and I know your heart must be filled with joy.

Hugs,
Sue

Neutral Dwelling said...

Can't wait to see the pics you share from the Opryland. We were there this summer and it was beautiful.. I was sad when I returned home that I hadn't taken more pics.

Tonja said...

Sounds wonderful. I am making plans to go next year!

Anonymous said...

LOL Oh my goodness, I can't believe you got a men's restroom shot!

oak wind farm said...

Hey Rhoda!

You have been tagged! Please visit my blog for more details.

I will come back and catch up with you soon. Looks like you ahve been busy, busy!

Carolyn

Abbie said...

I just got goosebumps reading that, it was as if I was there. ------> OFF to go get more information, this is one conference I have to attend!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Rhoda, so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. I have never been to a conference like that but would love it, I'm sure.

Nashville at Christmas sounds charming too. Another place I'd love to visit.

The photo on my blog header is a vignette on a table between my LR & DR ......I like to change it with the seasons.
BTW, you look very chic with your hair shorter! Very pretty.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Looks like a great time!!! Did you get to do the Siesta meet up too?? Oh I wish I could've gone, looks like a blast!! Thanks for the pictures and you were so close wow!!

Anonymous said...

Girl wish something like that was close here. I feel so beat down and tired.I used to go to this type of thing when I lived in Louisiana.Since moving to Mississippi I feel so dry. I left all my lady friends.My church and family. Girl I needed this. Now I know when I look at your sweet face what I see ...it is that spirit you have inside.Pray for me!
Brenda

Lallee said...

The conference sounded wonderful. I have never done any of Beth's studies, but I've done several Precepts courses by Kay, and taught them for a while. I'm so glad you explained why Kay is in a wheelchair! I was a big Mandissa fan when she was on American Idol. What a treat to hear her live!

A bunch of women on a bus--too fun. I bet there wasn't one moment of silence ;-) And I love it when the women get to take over the men's room!

Sandi McBride said...

I read every word and the most wowing thing was you got to HEAR MANDISA! She was robbed, wish I could have been there to tell her...found you through T, will be back...I know you're glad to be home, I always am...

linda t said...

Oh dear Rhoda, I am sooo jealous!! I would love to go to one of those conferences one of these days! I am a huge Beth Moore fan! Love her studies!
DO you read her blog? LOVE her blog! Her and her daughter Amanda takes turns writing every few days.
Check it out-
http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

La Tea Dah said...

The conference sounds AWESOME! I think I would have enjoyed it very much! May the blessing of attendance stay with you for months to come! Glad to have you back!!!!!

LaTeaDah

Unknown said...

Rhonda! WOW! what a treat and lovely photos! Thanks for all the lovely stories!

Anonymous said...

Great to see what God was doing in Nashville! Sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing it all with us, Rhoda!

Melissa

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Thats my stomping ground! I love to wander about in the Opryland hotel and photograph my kids.
I wish Kay Arthur would tone it down myself. I saw her in Gatlinburg a couple of years ago and she almost embarrassed me!

Sandy said...

Awesome, Rhoda!
Wish I were there with you!!!
Sandy

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...what a trip! I'm jealous!

I don't know if you know or not...we lived in Nashville for almost 8 years. It really is an awesome city. I wasn't sure when I found out we were moving there. I went kick and screaming and didn't want to go. When we moved, I left kicking and screaming. I still miss it sometimes.

Hugs!
Kat

Alicia said...

I completely didn't know about this conference but I wish I had! Thanks for recapping it. I am blessed this morning just to have read about it.

This is weird, but I was thinking about you today before I even opened my email to see you had visited my blog. I hope your niece is doing great in her new career. Wish we could have worked some magic ;) but I have to remember that I am NOT God! LOL