Thursday, September 6, 2007

Chandy Love!

Oh. My. Word!!

All I can say is...I'm in love with the new chandy! You know I could hardly wait to get that thing up...I absolutely LOVE it..it's perfect over my breakfast table & of course, the green sparkly bobeche beads are staying! But then, you knew they would. They really set it off & besides, they match my kitchen. I can't believe how this change adds so much sparkle to the kitchen...those little changes make all the difference in the world. (click all the pics to enlarge)
*Sigh*...it's perfect. I asked my hubby if he liked it. He said, yeah, but I don't like that sparkley crap hanging off there. I really like the shades that came with it too.
It really does transform the whole breakfast area. I can hardly believe the difference it makes in here. So, while we're here, I'll show you more of this little area in the kitchen.

You've probably seen my black table & chairs already. I've had this set for 5 years now & still love it. Painted the chairs black at that time & they have served me well. My red bunny fabric that I fell in love with then...haven't grown tired of it either.
Here is where the little yardsale oil painting has landed. I quite like it here.
This antique cupboard is one of my very best antiques & one of 2 pieces I have that are really truly French antiques.
I found this at Scott's Antiques Market in Atlanta back in 2001 & fell in love with it then. It was such a unique piece & I had never seen anything like it before. It is signed on the back by the French maker who made it. The patina on these old pieces cannot be duplicated. Once you have a piece like this, you want more. It has the coolest niche areas.
This is inside the middle door. I have all the original keys & they still work. See the notches for the shelves to be moved. Of course, that wire shelf didn't come in there, I added it for extra storage.
See the patina up close...it is lustrous & magical..love this old hardware. Those French, they sure know how to make beautiful furniture.
The door has shadings of dark & light. I will never get rid of this piece.
And just thought I'd show you the bunny rug that matches my window treatment fabric. This was a lucky find!

So happy to show ya'll the new chandy. You can see it's a perfect fit in my breakfast area & breathes new life in there. This is one of my best finds ever!

See below for what I'm doing this weekend. See ya'll when I return from Nashville!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

54 friends stopped by:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Everything is just gorgeous! I love the colors. You have exquisite taste but somehow that doesn't surprise me coming from a Southern girl.
Julie

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I loooooooooove your house! I am a huge fan of green!!! (I collect blue & white china, and it looks great against green.) And your hubby sounds just like mine ("sparkly crap" lol - my hubby would say precisely the same words)!

PAT said...

Rhoda the chandy is wonderful and the "jewelry" adds to the charm!

You know, don't you...being in Nashville over the weekend, just puts you that much closer to St Louis and the garage "sale of the century"!;-)

Pat

Michelle said...

I always enjoy looking at the pictures you share of your beautiful home - everything is so pretty! You have such a wonderful sense of style :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

All so beautiful! It just makes me smile to see others so happy about their rooms. :-) You are doing a great job, and thanks for photographing it so we can enjoy it too!

Barbara said...

It does go so well with yur home. Good find for you.

How was Nashville?

Susie Q said...

Just gorgeous. I love the rich colors and just adore your chandy! The bling sets it off to a T!!!

Have a blast in Nashville..one of our favorite cities! Stay safe and share it all with us when you return!

That bunny fabric and rug are sooooo perfect. You knew I would love them didn't you?

Thank you for sharing this...I adored every detail!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tour of your enchanting home. Oh la la!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little eating area.

Miss Janice said...

Everything in the room is beautiful! That comment from your husband is exactly what my hubby would say... I love the chandelier and love all the fabrics. Just beautiful!:-)
Miss Janice

Julie said...

Wow! That chandalier looks like it was made for your breakfast/dining room!...beads and all! I love your decorating style and love to see your new creations. Thank you for sharing that!

Rosemary said...

I love it too Rhoda! I think my husband would have said the same thing.
Keep quiet!!
Love the whole look you have going.
Have a wonderful day!
Rosemary

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Be still my heart.....I LOVE that chandy!!! OH MY!! It looks SO awesome!! just love it all!!

Lallee said...

Well you should be in love with the chandelier. It looks fabulous!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Have a great time in Nashville. Wish I were going, but we couldn't get tickets months ago.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

beautiful! I love your house!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Love your new chandy. It's perfect. . . and I'd keep the dangly thingys too!! That's what makes it so special : )

Your house is beautiful. We have similiar style/decorating tastes.

I love Beth Moore. Enjoy yourself and have a great time. I have not YET had the opportunity to hear her speak, but I love her bible study classes at our church. She certainly is annointed by the Holy Spirit and touches me in some way every time I hear her speak on her videos.

Have a blessed time.

Blessings,

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Love that chandelier! It looks perfect in that room. (Also loving the room!). Hope you have a wonderful trip!

tammi said...

I AM SO TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOUR HOUSE!!!! (Like everyone else!) You're so talented with mixing and matching. Absolutely beautiful.

linda t said...

Oh Rhoda, that was so fun seeing your breakfast area! LOVE the new chandy!
Don't we just love seeing how all our little treasures all come together? Thrills me to now end!

Unknown said...

So pretty and I love the sparkley stuff. Will you come over to my house and work some magic? :-)

JANET said...

Love your color scheme...so warm and inviting!I am also partial to those green beads on the chandelier!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That chandy is perfect!
Bill complains constantly about the shades on our fixture. He'd really choke on the bling!
I think yours is ideal =D

Donna, The Decorated House said...

It looks great! Such a nice find and it seems like it should have been there all along. I've always loved that French piece. Beautiful!
Donna

Simply Me Art said...

Rhoda, The Chandy Looks Fabulous. I Love the Bobeche's too. Tell your Hubby they Stay. Your House is Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Justabeachkat said...

Love, love, love it! And I knew they beads would stay! They just had to. Great find.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda. Love, love, love that chandy! I'm glad you're keeping the beads... what do men know, lol. Enjoy the conference. Can't wait to see pics of your trip. Diane

Anonymous said...

Well that worked out very well LOL!
It looks so perfect! Love the boboches. I don't think I've ever bought anything at Scotts - I like to go look though. Tht bunny fabric is so cute!

Have a fun time in Nashville!

Manuela

Debra from Bungalow said...

Love it! The yardsale print is perfect too. A beautiful room!

Have a good time in Nashville.

Hugs, DebraK

Heather said...

I covet your gorgeous French cabinet. Everything looks beautiful!
Heather

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

that does complete the room...and the bobbles ar keepers...the peek inside your world is inspiring...i need to get decorating...i just don't seem to have enough hours in the day to get everyting done...have a blessed weekend...blessings, rebecca

Lana Manis said...

Oh Rhoda ~ It's perfect! I really love those green beads too!

Deserae said...

Rho,your chandy looks fabulous in your eating area and those beads are the icing on the cake.....Love it!!! Your kitchen is one of my favorites....the green looks so fresh and I love all your bunny touches too! It's always fun to see what you are up to :o)
~Des

TinaTx said...

That is Fab! I can't really tell what the true color of the walls are but in some pictures it looks just like my living room color. (it is an old SW color from before the color changes they made several years back) I 'think' it was called Cactus but when we opened the can all I could think was pea soup!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Your header is pretty nice too. I haven't figured out how to combine more than one picture yet.

Anonymous said...

The chandy looks terrific! Great find. And I LOVE the cupboard.

Michelle said...

The chandelier looks lovely and how cool is it that the beads match?

The patina is beautiful on the French antique furniture.

Anonymous said...

Rhoda........The chandelier is perfect! I love the finish and it looks so wonderful in your breakfast area - great job!

Bonnie

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

So pretty! I'm a green girl, too!

Anonymous said...

It is PERFECT! LOVE IT! And I'm so glad you kept the beads!

xo,
Kim

Mary said...

What a lovely antique cupboard! Your breakfast nook is beautifully decorated, and the chandelier is just icing on the cake! I'm new to your blog, and now I have to go back and read ALL your posts!!!

Mary

Andi said...

I love stopping by your blog and seeing the pictures of your wonderful home! Your "chandy" is wonderful...and keep those beads!!!

BellaColle said...

oh wow! I'm so glad I stumbled on your blog! I know you probably will never find me... 41 post and all but... I miss my homeland of GA... and visiting on your blog is soo refreshing! Your chandy is lovely!!

Unknown said...

Everything has the WOW factor!

Adriann said...

The Chandy is stunning. Great job in putting it up and it does match your walls perfectly! Beautiful and elegant kitchen.

Enjoy your trip to Nashville.

Shirlee said...

I'm so glad you shared your chandy makeover. You definately have the knack for re-furbishing items (and decorating too). Your kitchen is wonderful, love the table and chairs. :)

KristenfromNY said...

What a beautiful chandelier...it looks perfect in your kitchen. I like the beads. They dress it up just enough.

Anonymous said...

Love all of it. I missed you and glad to be home.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Love all your treasures...especially that chandelier!!

Linda

Unknown said...

Love the chandelier - it's gorgeous in that room! Do you mind if I ask what color paint is on your walls in your breakfast area? It looks so nice!

Kari

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

The antique piece is just beautiful! Love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

I just found a link to your blog last week. I loved your style so looked up what you had in your kitchen since I'm changing mine around. I love your bunny fabric! Would you mind giving the information on the brand, etc?

Margaret

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Margaret! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you come back to see this since I dont' have an email address to send this info to you.

That bunny fabric is called Tureen Garden in the color crimson & it's by Braemore fabrics. I think you can still find it. I have seen it on Ebay too, so if you do a search, I think it's still around online and in fabric stores. There are 2 other colorsways that it comes in, one being a limey green. I fell in love with this fabric the moment I saw it & still love it 6 years later.

Hope this helps!
Rhoda

Karen said...

LOVE the bunny rug! Your colors are fresh and exciting - a real treat for the eyes:)

Thanks for sharing!

Karen

Suzann said...

Oh my this room is lovely too. You have beautiful things everywhere!!! The bling on the chandy is awesome. Love the bunnies too. I LOVE your home and Your taste is just perfect!!!