Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Inside Debbie's House

Edited to add 3 more pics.


Over the weekend, we were at Debbie & her hubby's house watching an Alabama football game. Our hubbies are both HUGE Alabama fans & they have a really nice bigscreen TV, so it's fun to go there & watch the games with them. Some of you had asked to see the inside of Debbie's house too, so I took some pics to share. Here's that gorgeous backyard pond view from their back deck to refresh your memory. It was a beautiful fall evening out on the farm. The frontdoor is all decked out with a pretty wreath.
Going up the sidewalk in front of their house.
And another shot of the breezeway. OK, now let's go inside.
Debbie & I started over a year ago redoing this room & here's the progress so far. Believe me, it's come a long way. All of this furniture is new & about all that's left to get in here is a new rug. That will really pull it all together. I found the sofa for her at a neat little decor store called Past Perfect. It's really a pretty sofa & that was our jumping off point for the rest of the room. She really loves the Tuscan look, so that's the direction we went. We found these chairs & ordered them in this cinnamon red color & I love how they turned out. Love that ottoman too. It's a gold fabric with red accents on it.




She found this beautiful oil painting at Sams & it really looks great over the fireplace.
The 2 side bookcases came from a local furniture store & I really love how they came out too. They are great accents for the fireplace & the black finish with little subtle gold accents on the top are really pretty.

Sofa table behind the sofa.

Closeup of one of the cabinets. She painted most of her house last year & asked my advice on colors. She also loved all my colors so much, she decided to use 2 of them. Her livingroom color is on my same paint strip & is called Camelback (Sherwin Williams). It's one shade darker than my Whole Wheat.
Breakfast table & rooster chandelier. Kitchen & breakfast area are the same as my kitchen, Laura Ashley Olive 4. Luckily it worked with her fabrics too. She previously had a green in here that was more sagey & had blue undertones. This is much better.


Looks great in her kitchen too. Here's the football food all spread out. We had a nice little feast!
That's Debbie's daughter, Tiffany, helping in the kitchen.
Glass cabinets in kitchen area too.
Here's the diningroom painted a pretty red (Sherwin Williams Luxurious Red). She wants to get all new furniture in here eventually. She had more country stuff before, but now wants to go in another direction.
And here's the bigscreen, which we were all hanging out in front of.


Alabama won & it was a fun, fun evening! Hope you enjoyed seeing the inside of Debbie's house!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

44 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the photo tour of your friend's house ~ LOVE the decor! It looks very welcoming and comfortable.

Sheila said...

Your friend's home is beautiful.
Your influence is definitely to be seen there. I love her colours, and yours!
Sounds like you had a fun visit!

Debra from Bungalow said...

What you've done is so pretty. The sofa reminds me of yours. I loved it all, especially the huge ottoman. Good Job ladies!

Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda.......Your friend's home is soooooooo LOVELY! I love the LR! She has great taste , just like you! I see she loves to cut grass on her riding mower too.
Thumbs up to both of you!

Bonnie

Tonja said...

Beautiful home and I love her choices of color and decor!

He Knows My Name said...

Love the poarch and breezway ~ everything is beautiful.

Janel

Christine Boles said...

What a beautiful house~ the wreath sends me!~

Amy~~ said...

Hi There! I just discovered your blog this morning and haven't been able to tear myself away! I love your home and the pics of your friends home are gorgeous!
I've been reading some past posts and have to tell you that your moms hot dog sauce is almost EXACTLY what my mom used to put on ours growing up!Wow,brought back many memories.I might have to whip some up for my kids this week!
I'll be stopping by regularly!

Amy~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour of Debbie's beautiful home! It's gorgeous inside and out. She probably never wants to leave it:) I can definitely see your fingerprint on a lot of Debbie's decor.

oak wind farm said...

Your friend has a beautiful home......and ROLL TIDE!

Rosemary said...

Glad you had fun and your team won.
I love Debbie's house. The colors are the colors I love.
Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Rosemary

Alice said...

You've helped your friend create a warm and welcoming home. I really enjoyed the tour.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. Thank you so much for the tour.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Julie

Deserae said...

Thanks for sharing your friend Debbie's home! Her home is just gorgeous and very warm and inviting!
~Des

Deb said...

What a fun tour.
Your friend Debbie's home is gorgeous!

Kristi said...

Beautiful! I'm so envious. I wish I had the talent to decorate so well or at least a good friend like you to help me!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I could live on that porch, that's one thing I don't have and really love. Love the decorating! Thanks for showing it.

Marilyn in NM said...

Debbie's house looks beautiful. It's great having friends that have the same interests and tastes as you. I think she's done a great job in the Living Room. I love the painting over the fireplace. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful home. I loved the outside when you originally posted - the inside is stunning. I think that you have done an amazing job.

Marie x

Betty said...

Rhoda,
Debbie's house is beautiful as well as comfortable looking.....very tasteful......Betty

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Roll Tide!
Auburn wasn't quite as lucky in the end.
Rhoda~ I'm passing on a tag to let you know that you lift me up... I appreciate your help and encouragement!

Anonymous said...

What a fun tour of your friend's home! Always fun to peek inside someone else's place!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Your friends home is beautiful. I have the exact fireplace screen,I got it from a southern Living party.Is that where she got hers? I have a picture of it on my blog.
Thank-you and your friend for the pictures I love looking at pictures Its funny when I see something that I have.

BellaColle said...

What a classy and beautiful home...but I must say..'ehem, I am more of a Georgia Tech fan myself!LOL!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Enjoyed the tour. It's a beautiful home...inside and out.

Hugs!
Kat

Heather said...

Looks like a great place to visit.
Heather

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I adored the photo tour.

I found myself going back to it later and finding ideas to try here in my own small-ish house.

LOVE your blog. :)

Elle Jay Bee said...

Ummm, I think you should branch out and become an interior decorator!! Your friend's home is stunning and she is lucky to have such a talented friend in you.
Simply gorgeous...

Linda

Steph said...

Your friend Debbie has a beautiful home! She's lucky to have a friend like you to help her with her decorating!

Adriann said...

Debbie's House is gorgeous! I love all the fall decor. Thanks for sharing!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Such a warm and beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rhoda her home is gorgeous. What fun to be able to decorate together with your friend.Thanks for sharing the pics.
Lucy

Anonymous said...

You two did a great job! It looks beautiful. What a view she has! Thanks for the tour - that was fun!

Manuela

Shirlee said...

Your friends home is beautiful both inside and out.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

such a beautiful house!! looks like you had fun!

Julie said...

Wow - what a beautiful home ..inside and out!! I love the details in a house that make it a home.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

What a beautiful house! Fabulous of your friend to let you share her beautifully decorated house with us all!
hope you are having a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Gina said...

Her house is so dreamy and full of rich warm colors. You have such class and style. Lovely, sounds like a fun time too!

LivingTheLife said...

Rhoda...
Thanks for leaving such kind words on my blog tonight about the loss of my brother. I appreciate your thoughtfulness...

Blessings...
"T"

FrenchGardenHouse said...

It's always such a delight to visit you. You are the essence of southern hospitality, you always make us feel at home!

Great decorating, what a sweet home. And a backyard that us California girls with our midget sized yards can only dream about!
Lidy

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Lizzie said...

Debbies home is gorgeous- I love her living room decor and colors, as well as the olive paint in her kitchen. Thanks for always sharing your friends lovely homes with us. :-)

She and her daughter look so much alike!

BTW- I have also toured the Opryland Hotel- its magnificent!!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Rhoda, your friend Debbie's home is just beautiful...thank your for giving us a tour!