Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Open House Festivities

After a couple of months of preparation and planning, our Open House at work turned out really nice and the food table in the boardroom was magnificent. I figured you would be mostly interested in the food, right?? We used a local, well-known caterer, Kathy G, and they really had spread it out nicely. They know how to do it up right! We chose a Tuscan theme for the food and decor and our boardroom table was filled with delightful tidbits. We ordered these 3 floral arrangements from a local floral design place in Homewood, called Dorothy McDaniels, and they did a fabulous job as well. The table was beautiful!
We had a nice variety of food, from paninis, imported cheeses with crackers, marinated olives & artichokes, mini-BLT's, stuffed mushrooms, mini-tenderloin beef sandwiches, Thai chicken tarts, and a nice array of sweets. I didn't get a great shot of all the florals lined up, but they really created a WOW when you walked in the room.

Enlarge all the pics & you can really see the food up close. Are you hungry yet? Yes, it was a good as it looks.
Pita chips & various dips, along with the artichokes & olives. Pasta salad also.
Paninis & tenderloin beef sandwiches.
The other 2 floors in our building participated too, so it was quite the event. The caterer put out food on all 3 floors, as well as beverage stations. This floral arrangement was on one of the other floors & it was very pretty too.
It was quite a spread. Wish you all could have been there too. We had tons of food left and ate on it for 2 days. Very yummy!


Some of you asked me if I ever get tired....oh yeah, I sure do. I'm always in bed by 9:30 or 10 each night & luckily as I've gotten older, I don't require as much sleep as I used to. But, some days I just crash & can't do another thing. Like many of you working girls, I struggle to keep the house clean, do laundry, and cook meals each day. It's a whirlwind. The projects are fun for me though & I'd rather do those than housework any day! I could use a few extra hours in the day some days, couldn't you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

40 friends stopped by:

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

What a gorgeous spread. I love the Tuscan theme. I may steal some of ideas from your photos. I'm off to check out the rest of your blog!

Unknown said...

Florals look very nice, and food looks DELICIOUS! I will enlarge the pics because it'll make me hungry! What kind of business is this? Can't imagine my company doing anything so fun.

Jacki

Sandi McBride said...

Okay now Rhoda, I seem to have been overlooked, I know I was supposed to be at the meeting, I see food with my name on it...it certainly looks wonderful, but then your pictures are always like an invitation, lol...lucky girl!

Steph said...

The food looks postively yummy! Thanks for sharing, it has given me some ideas!

Lisa said...

Both food and decorations are lovely! Wish I could sneak a little nibble...

Michelle E. ~ Vintage Pastiche' said...

That display of food and flowers looks absolutely divine! I bet the guests enjoyed it all.

*muah*
Michelle

Cottage Contessa said...

Rhoda, I'm thrilled for you that everything went so well! Everything from the food to the flowers just looks gorgeous. A job well done there sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I'm so starving (haven't had lunch yet) and this is what I have to look at!! It all looks soooo good!

Manuela

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
The florals are so pretty, and the food looks delish!!
You did a wonderful job as usual.
I'm like you, not enough hours in the day.
Have a good one,
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Wow! I wish I could have been there!

Alice said...

I always carefully check out floral arrangements but I'm afraid this time they were eclipsed by the food. I had to enlarge the pictures to get a better look. I might have needed three plates as I would have had to taste some of everything. But...no desserts?

Dena said...

What a beautiful table setting everything looks fantastic -- and I'm noticing a very cute idea there with the chips set around like that. I'm simply starving now and somehow my tuna sandwich just lost all of it's appeal!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Great looking Open House.

Yeah, I can't do as much as I like to anymore either. Too tired. Also, I have a 20 year old and a 13 year old at home, so it's hard for me to get to bed before 11:00PM, although I LONG to. Saturdays are my sleep-in-take-it-easy day.

One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, is that this house of mine will still be standing after I'm dead and gone (cleaning is always needing to be done). . . take time to rest, fellowship, and smell the flowers. Life goes too fast as it is.

Blessings,

Sher

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Rhoda!
I know you worked hard for this event and it looking like it went smashing!

Love seeing your latest around the house projects. I'm sure the office is going to be a great space.
Donna

Debra from Bungalow said...

Dang, that food looks good. I spied a pasta salad with what looked like feta....yum-O!
I can relate about being tired. There aren't enough hours to do all I need to do let alone what I want to do. Housework will always be there so as I age I've become more lax about it. Sometimes MUCH more so.

Good job, hugs, DebraK

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh how beautiful...it sounds wonderful...and looks so tasty. Dianntha

Michelle said...

Rhoda,
As always, I enjoyed seeing all the pics you share :) Everything looked just beautiful!

Have a great week!

Blessings :)
Michelle

tammi said...

Wow. Those pictures are incredible! The food and centerpieces are just beautiful! What a spread -- I'm sure I would've gained 6 pounds. Finger foods are my biggest weakness!

Anonymous said...

I just gained 5 pounds looking at the pictures! Great job!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Ok, now see if I worked somewhere like that I wouldn't have quit my job in the first place.

Love,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Rhoda! Thank for visiting my blog and for your sweet words...I LOVE your blog...very beautiful...the open house spread looks wonderful! I am going to go back and read some of your earlier posts and I will for sure be back,,,I am going to add you to my blogroll if that's OK.
Blessings,
Robin

PAT said...

Looks like it was a wonderful event, Rhoda!

Pat

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

what a beautiful setting and great spread...love those floral arrangements...you are blessed to have found such a warm place to work...blessings, rebecca

Sandy said...

Hi Rhoda! Looks like a beautiful Open House with yummy food!

Diane said...

Hi Rhoda. Everything looks beautiful and delicious! Diane

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am sooo hungry. Everything was so well presented. Have a blessed night. Mary

morninglorycottage said...

Hi Rhoda,
It was great to stop by and catch up with you. Was wonderful to see what you've been up to. You've been very busy. Can't wait to see your finished projects. You're so smart and handy!! Was wonderful to go "yard saling" with you and also furniture shopping. I loved "visiting" Mt. Laurel. I had read about it in a magazine awhile back. Was neat to see your pictures and take on it though. Hope everything is going great with you and the Holidays are good to you.
Amanda

Justabeachkat said...

Wow Rhoda! I enlarged all the photos and loved seeing it ALL...the food, the room decor, the florals, etc. It all looks yummy too. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs!
Kat

Esther Sunday said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Why wasn't I invited? Love, Esther

Mary said...

What a fabulous display - of course I love anything Tuscan since visiting there - it's one place I long to go back to SOON!

Bet the food was delicious Rhoda - and those florals are awesome. I know they must love having you working there if you can organize such a super Open House!
Hope they gave you a raise, ha! ha!!!

Unknown said...

Not only is the presentation beautiful but the food looks delish also. I clicked on a couple of the photos and you can really see how beautiful and yummy it looks. Thanks.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Yummmmm..... And it's all presented so prettily! Must have been fun to be there.

Terri Steffes said...

Now that is a party! The arrangements are nice, too! I love the use of the twigs.

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks so yummy and beautiful---you always have the touch!

xo

Carrie said...

Oh, those lovely photos give such a vivid record of the event. Brings to mind all the receptions and staff functions at my workplace in the 1990's.

Tutti Chic said...

Everything looks so yummy & gorgeous! The theme is the best! Love your blog~ chris

Naturegirl said...

Quite the spread for sure! Love the centre piece! My home is painted in Ben. Moores Tuscan colors!!hugs NG

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'm drooling now. Beautiful spread!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, this looks absolutely delightful AND delicious! Great job! I know everyone must have enjoyed it immensely!

xo,
Kim

Barbara said...

I did enjoy your open house.

living in the South you might enjoy popping over to see some spectacular Autumn scenes in England.