Friday, February 29, 2008

Camelia Blooms

Here's to spring! Tomorrow is March 1st and blooming camelias always precede spring and get us ready for the flowers that are sure to be just around the corner. Playing with my new camera in Pappy's backyard.
This is one giant camelia bush, probably 20 feet tall and round. Soft, pink blossoms, how can you resist them?
I couldn't, and these blooms spoke to me and said....take my picture, show me off! Happy Friday!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 friends stopped by:

Rosemary said...

So pretty Rhoda!!
Thanks for sharing Spring with us.
Have a great weekend.
Rosemary

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I can't imagine seeing anything that pretty, yet! Thanks for sharing your Spring :-) Rosie

Michelle said...

How beautiful - thanks for sharing a bit of spring with us...I need a reminder that it really IS on its way as I look outside and see it snowing...again!

Have a wonderful weekend, Rhoda!

~Michelle

Debbie Kay said...

Rhoda:

Love the Camelias. Love your blog. Thanks for the lovely pictures. I think I will do some spring planting this weekend. Camelias will be first on my list....

Love to you,

Debbie Kay

Anonymous said...

I love Camelia's! They look so like roses with none of the fuss! Good close-ups with your camera!

Have a good weekend!

Manuela

Amy said...

What absolutely lovely pictures. Where I live we are in the middle of a snowstorm, so those beautiful flower photos were very much appreciated! Amy

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Lovely photos Rhoda...I'm sooo ready for Spring.
Hugs,
Rose

Elle Jay Bee said...

Thanks for the inspiring spring photos...with the weather here, I need a touch of Spring!!

Congrats on your new business...you will undoubtedly be a great success and be very happy doing what you love...

Oh, and I love the name!!LOL!!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh so refreshing to see a blooming flower!! Thank you so much - - there's HOPE for us. We have a way to go here in the "great north" to see that sight! Now snow, I can show you snow!

Blessings,

Sher

Sandi McBride said...

I love camelias so much. I plan to get a pair to plant by the front porch. I love the pink, but think I'm going to get one pink and one Christmas Red...what do you think?
hugs
Sandi

Cape Cod Washashore said...

You have posies! Camelias no less! HOW GORGEOUS (your photography is stunning, too)! We have a couple tulip and iris bulbs starting to show themselves above the surface... and now is about the time the squirrels start to munch on all the new green sprouts! =O

willzmom said...

I love Camelias-when we lived in South Carolina they bloomed everywhere and were such a wonder in the lull between winter and spring.

Tag, you're it. Visit me to get details.

Sue said...

Oh, those are so pretty. I am so ready for spring.

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures of the camelias. I needed that jolt of color!

Vonda said...

Oh Rhoda, I just love Camelia's! I had planted 2 in the back yard of our former German home and of course they are here to stay in Germany way after we leave. They are beautiful and I know you must love your new camera. -V