Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chocolate Walnut Pie

You're gonna love this one! It's definitely rich, decadent, and delicious, so you might as well print it off now. I've had this recipe for years...you know how you pick up recipes from people you work with? I got this one years ago and still remember how good it was, so decided to make it for our small group recently. It was a hit!
Chocolate Walnut Pie


One 9-inch (deep dish) unbaked pie shell
6-oz. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter/margarine
2 eggs

Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, brown sugar & flour. Blend in melted butter until smooth. Blend in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. This pie freezes well.

Can you tell we love desserts at our house? Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 friends stopped by:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh. Dear Rhoda: Just what I needed ....NOT. Now what am I gonna do? You have my mouth waterin'. :) :) :)

Congratulations on your new venture and you website...I think you are going to be very successful.

(())

Free Art Printables said...

Rhoda,
I love this pie! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!
Jen R

Debbie Kay said...

Rhoda:

Love the recipe. Can't wait to try it. You ALWAYS have such wonderful recipes on your blog. Love to visit and get great ideas too.

Love,

Debbie Kay

Tara said...

Doesn't this look lucious! Thanks for sharing a tried and true!

Unknown said...

Thanks Rhoda. Sounds yummy and looks yummy also.

Ruth Welter said...

Ow, this looks delicious Rhoda, thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, this definitely sounds like a keeper! My family would love this one!

I have lost the web addy for the blog background/wallpapers (like your leopard and b/w papers). Would you mind sharing it again, please?

Thanks!!

xo

Anonymous said...

Looks rich and yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

manuela

Deserae said...

Oh that does look soooo good! I am going to have to give this dessert a whirl :o)
~Des

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Yum yum this pie looks and sounds delicious. I'll be trying it soon! So glad I found your blog!
Blessings
Brook

Justabeachkat said...

I KNOW how good this pie is...I make it fairly often, usually using pecans though. Also, you can add some bourbon and then we call it a Kentucky Derby Pie. Oh My! So good. It's wonderful warm with some vanilla ice cream. It's good cold too. It's easy to warm in the microwave also.

Okay, now I'm hungry.

Hugs!
Kat

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Thanks Rhoda, this looks like one to try next time we have company.

Blessings,

Sher

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
You always have the best recipes!!
Rosemary

Esther Sunday said...

Calorie free? Yes? Oh, do say yes. Love, Esther

Vonda said...

Okay I've printed this one off and I'm going to try it soon. Yum Yum...just what a pregnant lady needs! ;) -V

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sounds delicious. I make a similar pie using pecans instead of walnuts. But your recipe is easier than mine! I think I'll use yours from now on and just swap out the nuts. My husband LOVES pecans. I could make it more often for him.

Love,
Julie

Sheila said...

Yummy, I must try this one! I have a question? Is small group, ladies bible study group? Just wondering, my friend attends one that is what they are called.

Sheila said...

Yummy, I must try this one! I have a question? Is small group, ladies bible study group? Just wondering, my friend attends one that is what they are called.

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!