Monday, February 25, 2008

Introducing: The Restyled Room

Since the first of the year, I've been quietly working on launching my new decorating venture and now I can say that I'm officially open for business. Business license, business cards, and a new website are in place. Please visit my new business website, The Restyled Room, for more information. I'm excited, nervous, scared and can't wait to see what is in store for me this year. I've talked to several other ladies out there who have home decorating businesses and have gleaned some valuable information from all of them, so thank you SO much! You know who you are!

One of my tag lines is "connecting the dots between high-end interior design and do-it-yourself decorating". I really think there is a big need in the design world for decorators who can tackle a project with budget in mind. Not everyone has a huge budget to work with and can't afford to go out and replace a lot of stuff all at one time, so with my thriftiness and frugal ways to save money, I hope to help a lot of women who might be intimidated by the high-end interior designer. I want to put ladies at ease and let them know that we can do a lot without spending a ton of money. That's where I would like my niche to be, in the middle of high-end design and do-it-yourself decorating.
I can't wait to get started! I know I will learn so much as I go on this journey and it will continually be an opportunity to gain more knowledge along the way. I don't have it all completely figured out, but if I waited for that to happen, I'd never get started. So, I'm gonna hold my nose and jump in with both feet! I'm getting out there to meet folks and have made a few contacts in window treatment sources, furniture stores, etc. and look forward to getting started. Business cards will be handed out right and left. This first year will very much be a learning process and I know I'll have to be prepared for the ups and downs of starting a new business, but I'm ready for it.

If any of you are interested in getting help with a room project long distance, via email and phone, please let me know. I'll have some special flat rate fees available for online decorating and I'd love to help any of you, so just sent me an email if you have an interest in that. We can work via pics sent by email, samples sent by mail, etc. I think that would be fun and I think we can accomplish a lot with that method!

I've received many emails in the past asking suggestions for different things, like paint colors or if something will work with another thing. Please feel free to continue to email me for those questions or just for reassurance on something!

Thank you all so much for all your support. I don't think I would be doing this without all the warm fuzzies I've felt from all of you this past year, along with the support of my hubby! I'm embarking on a new and exciting venture and can't wait to get started! This has been my dream for a long time now and you'll all be right there with me! Thank you!
P.S. I set up my website all by myself and am really happy about the way it turned out. If you're looking for a simple website that's easy to learn, that is a good one to try.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

50 friends stopped by:

Debra from Bungalow said...

Oh Rhoda, I'm so happy for you & wish you much success! Your new site is beautiful, you did a great job as always. It looks professional & extremely well thought out. Congratulations & good luck!

Please keep us posted about all your new projects.

Hugs, DebraK

Steph said...

Rhoda, the website looks great! I know you are going to be sooo successful!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda - Good luck in this new venture. I know you'll be a great success! I'm going over to check out your new website.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Bravo Rhoda! I am wishing you much success in you new venture.....now I am off to check out your website :-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

Wishing you great success Rhoda !!!

Kathy :)

Free Art Printables said...

Rhoda,
Wonderful! Congratulations on taking a big step!!! You are going to do great!!Your website looks wonderful too!
Good luck!
Jen R

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl! You already know what I think about this wonderful adventure you're embarking on! All I can say is that I always ask for your opinion when I'm stumped and I can't imagine you being anything but successful at this. You're a natural talent and this niche that you've chosen to fill - well...needs filling! And you're the person to do it!

xo,

Manuela

Sandy said...

Congrats on launching your new biz, Rhoda! Exciting times!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

How exciting! And congratulations, too! I wish you lots of success with your new venture... I'm visiting your new site right now! =)

Carrie said...

Congratulations on your new business venture! I visited your new web site and found that it is well designed and introduces your services very well.

Tara said...

Much success to you! I'll be tuning in to your new website!
Best luck!
:0)
Tara

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Congratulations Rhoda! WOW, you've been a busy girl putting all that together! It looks wonderful!

I hope it is a great success for you! And how could it be anything but a smashing success? You'll do a wonderful job! Keep me posted on how things go!

Blessings,
Melissa

Hummingbird Chats said...

Wonderful, congratulations on your new business. Your web site is just great. Keep posting all those pretty pictures and great ideas. Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the new Website! I'm sure your new venture will be a great success!

Unknown said...

Rhoda,
Congrats on your new venture. How exciting for you. I went over and looked at the new website and it looks wonderful. I hope you have much success.

connie snipes said...

Congratulations on your new business! I know you will be a success. Connie

Anonymous said...

Rhoda love your new site - wishing you heaps of success!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Peggy said...

How wonderful for you, Rhoda! Your blog is my very favorite with the delights of your home decorating and tag saling. Good luck with your new venture.

PAT said...

The website looks great, Rhoda! Good luck with this venture. It will be fun following along and hearing about it!

Pat

Anonymous said...

what is the wall paint color in the wilsonville, al living room? congratulations on your new adventure love your blog

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I am so inspired by you taking the steps to do what your heart is telling you to do. I would love to someday be an interior designer, so I applaud you!

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda. I have been away so I am just stopping by to see what you've been up to. You've been busy and I am glad to see that you are open for business. The website looks great. I am confident it will be a successful venture. I will be following it with interest. Rhondi xo

Rosemary said...

Congrats Rhoda!!
I think it will be a great success!
You are so talented.
I am going to go and look at your website.
Rosemary

kari and kijsa said...

Rhoda,

We wish you only the very best...your website is wonderful...great colors...

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Your manwich made me hungry...and loved the recipe solution. Glad I found your blog

Maureen said...

Hey girl..this is where your heart is, & I am thrilled you are once again helping others achieve their decorating goals and dreams! Put me right up there in the front row of your cheerleading section! Much luck to you with this. I know you've been fleshing this all out for weeks now, and oh my, the gray and green on your web site are so fresh and sophisticated!

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Rhoda:

I am so excited for you. I love visiting your blog and enjoy the pictures of your home. I just started my blog (myvintagedaydreams.blogspot.com) and am getting my feet wet in this online world. I like the connection we all have in the way of decorating & styling our homes. Stop by and see me sometime...I enjoy browsing your site :)

Debbie Kay

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Rhoda

Congratulations and best wishes! I KNOW you'll do well!

Hugs!
Kat

BTW...your website looks wonderful

Vonda said...

YIPPEE!!! You are doing it Rhoda!!! I am so very proud of you girl! The very first time I saw your home back in Kennesaw, GA 8 years ago, I knew you should go into your own little business. You will do great, and I know your clients will feel so comfortable working with you since you are so approachable and fun too! Rhoda, you definitely have a special talent in the area of decorating so GO GIRL! I'm rooting for you here in Germany and if I know anyone who needs any help in decorating, I'll send them along to you. Love ya -V

Jennifer said...

Kudos Rhoda! You have such an amazing talent and I know this will be a wonderful success for you. Your website is esy to navigate while looking professional and I really look forward to watching your portifolio grow!
Best Wishes,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda, you're a Martha Stewart waiting to happen and we can all say, "We knew you when......"

I'm so happy for you! Good luck girl.

Hugs,
Judy (in McDonough)

Cherdecor said...

Rhoda, Your website looks wonderful! I love the colors you chose.

We wish you the best of success and we know that you will do well.

Ruth Welter said...

Rhoda, how very exciting, I'm so happy for you. I was just visiting your new website, just beautiful. I would hire you in a minute after visiting that site. Good luck to you in this fabulous new business venture.

becky said...

I'm thrilled that you're open for business...it's about time! I wish you loads of fun and much success!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

CONGRATULATIONS Rhoda on launching your new business. I checked out your new website and it is fabulous too!!! Best wishes for much success!!

Blessings,

Sher

Jen said...

Good for you....something you love.

Jill said...

Congrats! I know you will do wonderfully - you're a natural. I'm going to check out the website now.

Esther Sunday said...

Congrats, Rhoda!!! You are soooo talented and I wish you the best! Enjoy your new venture! Love, Esther

Sweet Designs said...

Congrats Rhoda! With all of your talents your business will be a sure fire winner!

Carol Bennett said...

Congrats, Rhoda! The new business site looks great!!Good luck with this new venture.
Carol

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda~ You rock girlfriend!
This is going to be just perfect for you, and Lord knows we need it in this area.

You are making the B's proud!

tammi said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Rhoda!!!!!! That's awesome! I'm sure you'll have no shortage of business! Now I'm off to check out your new site!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, my goodness! That's wonderful! I have every confidence you'll do well.

I've been out of the loop so long, I had no idea. I'll be so glad to get back to reading blogs regularly.

Sue said...

Congratulations Rhoda! I wish you much success in your new venture. With your pleasant personality and thrifty decorating talent it is almost guaranteed that you will succeed.
Hugs,
Sue

Sue said...

Rhoda,
Me again, just looked at your website, bravo, it looks great, navigates easily and is easy to understand.
S

Adrienne said...

Congratulations on your new venture. I am sure you will do well. Your website is wonderful and so easy to use. You have stated everything so well and I'm sure you will be very busy soon. Please keep us updated about your success. ~Adrienne~

marmielu said...

Rhoda, I think this is great! I love the idea of bring thrifty and other money saving aspects to interior design. Good luck!

Mary Lou

Mary said...

Way to go Rhoda - I'm so happy you are following your dream!

Your sweet generous personality, along with your great decorating skills, will make you successful - perhaps we'll be reading your book next!!!

Good luck dear - hope you have time to keep us updated always.

A Romantic Porch said...

Rhoda, Congratulations!! You go girl... website looks great! xoRachel

dana's design studio said...

Congrats...keep going! You preach the same design gospel that I do. Let's keep learning from each other and change the world of decorating!
Dana