Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Man Sandwich

After visiting Pioneer Woman's blog for several months now and hearing about this delicious sandwich that she makes for her cowboys, I finally succumbed to temptation and made it for me and my he-man twice now. And, I can now say she is absolutely right...it's man food at it's best. Hubby loved it and I loved it! I'll definitely make it again. I don't think I've ever bought cubed steak and cooked it at home, although I certainly grew up eating it. My mom made plenty of country-fried cubed steak for us growing up at home. I just don't fry things, so it's never been on my list of meats to buy. But, for this sandwich recipe, I'll do it again. Go over to her tutorial and get all the ingredients and directions. You can't beat her humor with cooking either, she's hilarious. One Note: I did not use as much butter as she recommended & it was still fabulous!
IT'S THAT GOOD!! Give it a try!

********************************************

I'm joining the party! The Ultimate Blog Party 2008, that is. Sounds like a lot of fun. Visit 5 Minutes for Mom for more details. This event will be hosted March 7-14th, so go and read up for all the particulars. Fun way to meet more bloggers!
Ultimate Blog Party 2008

And be sure to stop by on Monday, I'll be sharing about my new business venture. Have a great weekend!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 friends stopped by:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

That looks yummy....just the kind of hearty sandwich Hubby and I need right now :-)

Can't wait to hear about your new venture!

Tara said...

thanks for the sandwich recommendation--I am always looking for ways to fill the bellies of my hubby and 6 ft son!
:0)
Tara

Sheila said...

Yummy!! I have to check out that site for the recipe for my Man/Men in my family! lol I can't wait until Monday to hear the "big news" Yeah!

Anonymous said...

That looks like something my husband would love - I'll go have a look at her tutorial!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I think my Hubby would love this, I may try it soon!

Hope you have a warm and happy weekend!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! It looks REALLY like a man sandwich! Yumms!
Penny

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
That sandwich looks really yummy!!
You always have the best recipes.
Rosemary

Carol Bennett said...

The sandwich looks yum-o ! Can't wait to hear about your business venture!
Carol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

tammi said...

Aren't all her recipes just awesome looking?! I've never tried any yet, but I've sure been tempted. I like it that she's got printable versions of her recipes now.

I've decided I'm joining the blog party too!

Terri Steffes said...

Rhoda, I have been wanting to try this sandwich for ages. Thanks for giving me the kick in the seat to do so. I am glad you cut back on the butter, I would feel far too guilty about it...

Sandy said...

The sandwich looks right up my husbands alley! I'll hop over for the recipe and I'll check out the blog party, sounds like fun!

kari and kijsa said...

Can't wait to hear about your new business venture...just wanted to stop by and say thank you...thank you...thank you for all of the sweet birthday wishes!

Hope your day is as wonderful as you made mine.

smiles, kari (& kijsa)

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Rhoda,
Well...I must admit that looks yummy! And yep, I'm headed over there right now.
Hugs,
Rose

The Tomball Three said...

Did you like it? I tried it a few weeks ago and I don't think I'm a fan of the cubed steak.

HOWEVER, on her post from around Valentine's Day- she does some mashed potatoes that will HURT you. They were SO SO SO good.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Don't you just love Pioneer Woman?

Thanks for the blog party reminder. I keep forgetting to sign up!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Now that looks like a manly sandwich! I have a 6'3" hubby who's a steak and potatoes kinda guy - I should give this one a try!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

That is one yummy looking sandwich. I must try it....Smiles

Anita Ann said...

That looks so delicous