Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring at the Door

Last year, I saw a really neat idea for a door display by Heather, at Present Past Collection and filed it away for future. Found the white picture frame last year for 50 cents while yardsaling and figured it would be perfect for this idea and turns out, I was right. Mine is not exactly like Heather's, but I used her's as inspiration.

Found the white picture frame last year for 50 cents while yardsaling and figured it would be perfect for this idea and turns out, I was right. Mine is not exactly like Heather's, but I used her's as inspiration.

Bought the grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby, added the green/white toile ribbon I used at Christmas along with another gauzy green ribbon. The birdsnest was recycled from my door display last year (which I'll use again). The little bird was picked up for 50 cents yardsaling, and the green hydrangea was 50 cents at a floral place.
So, now I have a pretty spring display for the door, a welcome for guests.
And this all cost me about $8.00 to make, using yardsale items & discount things.
Happy, Happy Spring y'all!!


Thanks to all of you for sharing your grocery saving tips! I'm going to read over them all and check out the websites that were mentioned. With all of us contributing, we can all learn some new things about saving money and Lord knows, we need that!
I cooked a big breakfast for my parents and then they headed back to Atlanta this a.m. We had a great visit and I'll tell you about that next week.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

37 friends stopped by:

PAT said...

That looks great Rhoda. Neat idea using the frame. I've only used the Easter egg wreath on our front door, so far this spring. I can't wait for warmer weather and sunshine.

Pat

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love that you used yard sale finds for it!

Painted Pink Pot said...

What a great idea on the frame,very nice. Spring looks like it coming to your house...

Karen Erickson said...

How cute! It looks very Springy, thanks for sharing that. :)

Anonymous said...

Tag!! You're it!! Stop by my blog and check out why! :o)

cotedetexas said...

So beautiful!!! And I love your chartruese zebra on the sides. Thanks for the comment, but I do like mauve again!!! hahah!

Joni

Peggy said...

Hi Rhoda, Thanks for sharing such a great idea! It looks wonderful and we love using sale items to create something new!

Maureen said...

Love your wreath and remember Heather's lovely one too. Breakfast sounds delcious- bet y'all made a big country breakfast? Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I think I saw Nell Hill or Carolyn Westbrook (can't remember which) use a frame on their front door. It's wonderful that you either recycled or used yard sale finds! It makes such a great statement at your entrance for so little money!

Manuela

Michelle said...

Oh Rhoda, The wreath you made is beautiful! Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" the frame idea :) Right now I have small mirror behind the front door arrangement that is currently hanging there...looks cool but I'm ready for a change (both in the wreath AND the weather! LOL)

Glad to hear you enjoyed a nice visit with your family. Big breakfasts are great, aren't they?!

Have a wonderful day!

Susie Q said...

This is wonderful Rhoda! You have the most creative mind and hands!


I have a basket of silk forsythia on my door. It has not yet helped bring Spring...maybe soon. I so hope!

Love,
Sue

Rosemary said...

Hi Rhoda,
I remember that from Heather's blog.
Yours looks so pretty, (Of course)
Love it!
Rosemary

Rosie's Whimsy said...

love it, love it, love it! What a beautiful way to welcome Spring! :-) Rosie

Melissa Lester said...

Your blog is beautiful! I'm glad to find a neighbor! And congratulations on being featured on Today's Creative Blog, one of my favorite reads! I'll be sure to visit again soon!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Thats gorgeous! Good for you!! I need to put something on my front door too!
Hugs,
Robin

Mrs. Jones said...

How did you hang it so it doesn't bang on the door every time you open it?

Essential Oil Premier University said...

What an absolutely unique and refreshing change from the ordinary wreath! Looks GREAT!!

Blessings,

Sher

P.S. Hope to change that background on my blog yet, been running in too many directions the past few weeks!! Thanks again!

Lallee said...

Rhoda, I enjoyed doing some catching up on your blog. Your spring wreath is very inviting to your home. Love the seashells and eggs together. My mouth is watering for that white chili. I hope your new business adventure is going well. Yard sales starting? Can't wait to see what you come home with this season!

Hugs,
Lallee

Sheila said...

Beautiful Rhoda! I love visiting here, you always give good advice, share something beautiful, and inspire me! Thank you again for wonderful visit! Happy Spring!

Mrs. B said...

This looks just lovely. And your black door makes the perfect backdrop. The picture frame is a great idea!

Thanks for coming by my blog. You did tell me you collected the Bordallo dishes. I saw some of them in the other pictures on your blog and was inspired to go back to the store where I got my plate and see if there was any more. I found four really cute cabbage leaf cereal bowls to go with my plate. When I bought my plate they also had a tea pot which I bought for my mom because she collects tea pots. Now I will keep my eyes open for more!

Unknown said...

How nice. Love the pheasant feather on it, too.

Anonymous said...

I soooo love it Rhoda! You are so talented!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Adrienne said...

So lovely! Great idea. I need to find a frame. ~Adrienne~

Free Art Printables said...

I love your springy things!!!!So pretty! Rhoda, I am having a drawing if you'd like to stop by!
Jen R

Bebe said...

Hi Rhoda,

Gosh, girl, you are so creative to be able to put that pretty wreath together for only about $8.00. That's talent!! Hope you have a nice Easter!!

Smiles..Bebe :)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Happy Spring ! I'm having a giveaway at my place....


(())

Elle Jay Bee said...

I love that idea, Rhoda! I don't know what the original looked like, but you executed yours perfectly!!

Linda
xoxo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Rhoda you spring wreath looks amazing! I love the pheasant feather too! Great job!
Penny

Natasha said...

Rhoda,
I have to tell you how I love your BLOG.I came across it a few months back and think it is just awsome.
Since buying our first home in South Carolina I really love your decorating style and am trying to incorporate some of that as my inspiration in my new home.
Thank you for a wonderful BLOG

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Rhoda, that's so pretty! Every time I go to Hobby Lobby at Lee Branch, usually about once a week, I think about you. I'm sure we'll run into each other there some day. The question is, will we know it?

tammi said...

Your front door looks beautiful!! I love the crisp angular white frame matched with the wreath and hydrangea. I sure wish it felt and looked like spring up here..... sigh.

Anonymous said...

Your wreath is beautiful. I love the toile ribbon and the hydrangea.

I just recently found your blog, and truly enjoy your posts.

Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn said...

Just surfin' the blogs and stopped by to say Hi!

Happy Spring to you!

Sweet Designs said...

Your wreath is very pretty, you can never go wrong with a bird, birds nest and ribbon! Our weather is still to "iffy" here to put out a wreath, so I will enjoy yours.

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring to you. You have such a nice blog, cute idea with the frame, I think you need a different colored ribbon the white on white does not really pop ??? Just a thought.

Have a nice day

dana's design studio said...

LOVE...I will file this away for later too.
dana

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

I love the beautiful Springy wreath!