Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yardsales are starting!

After taking a long break from yardsaling before the Holidays, they are now starting up again. I ventured out to 2 this a.m. and came home with a few little treasures. I know many of you love these deals too, so wanted to share them with you. This pretty glass vase/candleholder was 50 cents. I think it will look great with shells in it.
Glass lid/cloche was $1.00. I can use it somewhere.
I couldn't pass up this cute little Bible verse painted on wood for 50 cents. After all, it's my favorite scripture in the Word! I'll add a ribbon to hang it with.
And this cute seashell soap holder was 50 cents. That's all for now folks! Happy Weekend! This is my second post today, so don't miss The Corner Cafe below.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

28 friends stopped by:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I love the glass vase. You will get a lot of miles of use out of that! Have a great rest of the weekend :-) Rosie

Charlotte said...

Great finds. I haven't been yardsaleing (is there such a word) in a long time. Should get out there and look around. You never know what you might find.
I tagged you today to do a meme on eight things about you that readers don't know. You can play the game if you want to. If not, don't feel obligated. It's hard to know who to tag for these things.
Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Rhoda, You sure do find some beautiful things - yay for you! Our garage sale season hasn't really started yet here in MI (not where I live anyhow) but I'm looking forward to it!

Blessings to you :)
Michelle

PAT said...

Great finds, today, Rhoda. I like those glass covers. I have a couple of them I use for cheese, etc.

I love that verse too!

Pat

Free Art Printables said...

What great stuff! We are still far behinf the yardsaling season here, but I can't wait!Please keep sharing!
Jen R

Made In The South said...

Wow you really got some good bargins. Now I wish I would have gotten out this a.m. to look for sales in my area. I also love the little cafe your sister made at her church. She did a GREAT job! I am sure the members will love to fellowship there. BEE HAPPY , MISSY

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What great finds Rhoda! My favorite is the glass vase...
Penny

Sheila said...

Rhoda you did a fabulous job with your foyer table, I love your yardsale finds! I can't wait to get started this year! I will have the summer off! Yeah, I am on spring break for two weeks,plan on spring cleaning and decorating. I will post later this week or next. Thanks for the inspiration!

Miss Jean said...

We can't get things that nice for such a good price in my corner of the world!!! Lucky you.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hey, you did as good as I did today - and we both ended up with a glass cover thingy! And, the vase is simlar to the lamp I found. We have great taste, don't we?!
Colleen

La Tea Dah said...

Very great finds! I'm eager to see what you decide to do with the glass dome --- it's lovely and what a buy!

Anonymous said...

great deals,,I headed off to work on Saturday and thought of all my friends that would be out getting treasures.
I posted a pick of the stone brian used for that walkway I promised to show so come over and look.
I have you decided yet what you are gonna do? I need a cheaper verrsion also.i am wanting to do something on the ground beside my patio to get my big table on so we can use the patio for some comfy chairs and a piece to put food when we cook this summer.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohhhh I'm just so excited for yard sales to start around here again!

Nan said...

Great finds. I haven't had much time for yard sales lately. :( I'll have to get back out there.
Hugs,
Nan

Crystal said...

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I looked on my paint can and the color label was covered with paint!!! I would be happy to make you a little swatch if you like, I happen to think it is THE perfect shade. :) Your site makes my little southern heart happy~! :)

Abbie said...

Hi Rhoda!
Oh, your treasures are fabulous!
I love the glass pieces..
Have a fabulous Sunday!
:) Abbie

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Awww. I didn't get to go this weekend. You found some neat things.

I agree with you on the verse. That's my favorite, too.

How's the business going? You may have mentioned it, but I haven't had a chance to read blogs lately. Just doing a few drop ins today.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda I hear you. I about flipped when i heard he paid over 500.00 for a walkway in the BACK lol. Do you have a pic of your friends. That may work for my table area. I don't wanna send much because later I want tp add on to the wood deck,but for now just get this big iron table off my wood patio.

Rue said...

I've been looking everywhere for one of those glass domes! I had one on my cake plate and I dropped it in the sink when I was cleaning it :( You've given me hope that there's more out there :)
Rue

Peggy said...

Rhoda, I love your blog and can't wait everyday to see the wonderful things you write about. I have been blogging for about a year but have some technical questions about the blog layout,etc. Could you or anyone else out there steer me to someplace that would help me to make the layout of my blog better. You can email me at bfdgirl@yahoo.com. I would sure appreciate some help. I try to learn from all the blogs I read. You girls certainly know your stuff! Thanks friends, :)Peggy

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda, I am excited about yardsales starting up again too. Love the glass pieces you got and your sister did an outstanding job on the church coffee area. ~ Lynn

Mary said...

Oh what great finds! It's still a litle too cold here for yardsales...but I'm looking forward to them!
Have great week!
xoxo,
Mary

bj said...

Yard sales and garage sales are just beginning to start again here, too. I haven't been to any yet as I've been trying to clear out some things I already have and not wanting to add a lot more to it....just yet. HOWEVER, after seeing all these great things you found, I am wanting to go thrift shopping soon.
bj

Anonymous said...

At what point do you not buy something? Your house is "nice," but where do you draw a line?

Unknown said...

Rhoda,

I love all of your great bargains. I will have to hit a few yardsales this year after seeing all the nice goodies you have gotten. Have a great week and visit with your family.

Mrs. B said...

I love your yard sale finds, especially that glass candle holder/vase and the cloche! I am determined to start checking out yardsales again when the weather turns. The good yard sales are usually few and far between around here, but I'm inspired by all your great finds!

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds girlfriend!
I'm so happy for you that our favorite season has arrived in your town! ;-)

((hugs))
Kim

Cathy said...

I am so ready for garage sale season. Great finds!