Saturday, April 5, 2008

Frolicing in Florida

Can you imagine a better welcome than this? I got to spend the day with Kim of Daisy Cottage! A big Welcome, Rhoda waiting for me in Kim's diningroom AND a precious pup that I could not resist holding like a baby. Girls, I have to tell you that Kim is all you would expect her to be AND more. You know how warm, genuine, and sweet she is on her blog? Well, multiply that by 10 and you've got it. Kim and I clicked immediately and it truly was like we had known each other forever. We really have known each other online for probably 5 years now and have gotten to know a lot about each other's personal lives and meeting in person just solidifies all of that. What an absolutely wonderful day I had with Kim. If you have never visited Kim's blog (which I can't imagine that you have not), you have to...now!

Me and Maggie hit it off just fine right from the start too. I knew we would. Kim is a little camera shy so Maggie stood in for her.
Kim surprised me with a big note on her chalkboard and that was so fun to walk in and see! Miss Kim makes you feel right at home in Daisy Cottage. And oh my word....Daisy Cottage is beautiful in her pics and on her blog, but in person it is just amazing. All the light coming in the windows, the wonderful architectural details of her cottage home, and the way she has artfully decorated it with vintage finds is just amazing. It was surreal walking in and taking it all in. Kim gave me the grand tour and I was ooohing and ahhhing the whole time. It's so much prettier than the pics even show because you can get the whole scope at once and how all the rooms connect to each other.
Kim's diningroom.
And the livingroom when you walk in from the amazing front porch. I sat right there in that chair on the right. See my red coffee cup?! We sat here and talked and talked and talked and then Kim had to go and work in a cute shop called Vintage.
I had to take a pic of me sitting on the front porch of Daisy Cottage. Kim lives in the prettiest part of Lakeland, in my opinion, right in the middle of two gorgeous lakes. So many beautiful historical homes everywhere you look in her neighborhood. In fact, on Friday I went walking in her neighborhood around the lake and it was beautiful, so I'll do another post about all that later next week.
Kim so graciously gave me a precious coffee cup. She didn't even know that I had secretly wished for one of these ever since I saw it on her blog. Thank you, Kim! I'll think of you everytime I have my coffee.
So off to Vintage we went. It's a really cute shop and I kept Kim company while she opened up and minded the store.
I took some pics inside so you could get a feel for it. Lots of neat things in here.
Just the sort of place a girl likes to browse.
Fun!
I was just going to hang out for a little while because she thought she'd have to stay all day, but when Angie, the shop owner came in, she took over and we were free to leave. We were so excited! Now we had time for lunch and shopping. So, we stopped at a fun place for salads. Sat outside and talked some more. I'm not kidding, we never ran out of things to talk about.
Then, Kim took me to her favorite Goodwill, where of course, we scored on some things. All of this is mine except the large round white metal bowl, which Kim took home. I spent $12 on all my haul and had to empty out my carryon bag just to get it all home in one piece. In honor of my friend Debra, from The Bunnies' Bungalow, I picked up a duplicate Martha Stewart pitcher which she graciously sent to me last year for my creamware collection and it got broken in shipping. So, Debra...I found another one! That funny looking coffee cup is a cappucino maker that I can't wait to try out. The little handle is for making frothy milk, I think.
You can see we had a ball! I'm going back down with my hubby in a couple of weeks and we are going to really make some plans then. I can't wait, Kim! I also saw several of my relatives and visited my old college and have LOTS more pics to share, so you'll see those next week. Wish we could all get together and go shopping, but I hope you enjoyed going with me and Kim on our outing!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

45 friends stopped by:

willzmom said...

Wow, I would love to get my hands on Maggie! What a wonderful visit you two had! Thanks for sharing some great photos with us-I'm looking forward to some more!

Sandi McBride said...

You always have so much fun...wish I could have been along! Great pictures, love the pup
Sandi

Free Art Printables said...

That looks like so much fun and what a beautiful home! I am glad you are enjoying yourself!
Jen R

Betty Jo said...

I'm so glad you and Kim got to meet and had such a wonderful time. The photos are awesome. I was born in Lakeland. My brother and sister-in-law had a home in area there just like you describe. Their's was a large historical two-story house though. We once visited them and went together to a Goodwill near them that sat on a hill overlooking a small lake. It was the nicest Goodwill I've ever been to. Wonder if it was the same one you visited. xoxo

PAT said...

Good to hear ya'll had a great time. Of course, I knew you would. I love the photos you took of Daisy Cottage and of course, isn't Maggie a sweetie pie!

I sure wish we had a great Goodwill, here! You found some wonderful things and what luck to find a replacement for the cream pitcher!

Pat

Anonymous said...

I have to say that there are not many things better than girlfriends. How wonderful that you finally got to spend time together. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us.

I love Lakeland - it is such a great town. So charming.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you girls hit it off...how could you miss :)

I was so hoping you'd get to see her Goodwill store, I think it's a magic shop lol all the great things Kim finds in there ???

Love the cup Kim gave you, what did you bring for the hostess ???

Great pictures Rhoda,'
Kathy :)

Deb said...

Hi Rhoda I really enjoyed your trip, the shopping and lunch seemed so much fun. I also enjoyed the very beautiful pictures, and I'm glad your time there was enjoyable and your return home safe. I read your post about your side table and have posted my favorite as well, take a look when you find time. Now I'm Off to Daisy Cottage for a look see. Deb

Anonymous said...

I must say, I am really enjoying your blog, Rhoda! Thanks so much for walking us through your lovely time with Kim and he pics were amazing. I do so love that monogrammed coffee mug. We Southerners do love our monograms:)

Steph said...

How neat is that!? I love Kim's blog and her home looks adorable!
So glad you had such a good time!

Maureen said...

I so enjoyed reading this! I knew it would be nothing less than fantastic when the two of you got together. Kim, now you know why Rhoda is so well-loved. Being that you are adored as well, I knew the two of you would have much in common and lots to share with each other. Call me envious! I love when friends get together and have a charmed day like this!

Unknown said...

Great to know the two of you had such a good time! Makes me want to head out on a road trip!

ocean mommy said...

These pictures make we want to rearrange all my "stuff" as my man calls it!

It's a rainy dark day here in Atlanta, and this has just brightened it up for me!

Have a wonderful weekend.
steph.

Frantic Home Cook said...

Rhoda,

Those are some lovely pics but you know the ones that made me pause? The ones with you in it. You are a lovely lady, inside and out! It looks like a fantastic visit!

Francie

morninglorycottage said...

Sounds like you had a great time Rhoda! You lucky girls. It's so fun to meet people that you can instantly click with and have such rapport. Nice creamware finds also. Oh Thanks for the pound cake recipe. I'll be trying it Sunday for family game night. WAHOO! Strawberries are in season. Gotta run. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I think I am most jealous of you holding Miss Maggie! LOL

So glad you and Kim met - and thank you for sharing!

tina

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Sounds like you're having a ball and you missed the big storms yesterday! You and Maggie look adorable. Lucky you to get to go to that fantastic Goodwill - you found such wonderful things! I love Kim's blog and she's such a sweet lady. Thanks for sharing those great photos!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Frolicing?/ an understatement, looks like you are on the best vacation ever! What a lovely cottage!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

That is the cutest picture of you snuggling with Maggie! What a fun visit with the promise of more fun to come......that's the best. :-) Rosie

Cathy said...

That was really precious. I love that snuggly little Maggie. I'm glad you two had so much fun. The pictures were great.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

OHMYGOSH her home is so beautiful.Very warm and inviting. I konw you two had a wonderful time. Love her sweet little pup....Mary

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How how stinkin' cool is that?! Two of my favorite bloggers together!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this, when I readyou and Kim were to met, i ouldnt wait to read all about it. Daisy cottage is why I am addicted to blogs, it is my favorite, and thu her I found your wonderful blog. : ) and look at Maggie, she looks so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this, when I read you and Kim were to meet, I couldnt wait to read all about it. Daisy cottage is why I am addicted to blogs, it is my favorite, and thu her I found your wonderful blog. : ) and look at Maggie, she looks so sweet.

Rue said...

Oh Rhonda!
Not only did two of my favorite bloggers get to meet, but you were able to walk around in Daisy cottage holding precious Miss Maggie!! What a dream... Thank you for sharing your day with us so that we could live vicariously through you :)

rue :)

Rue said...

Rhonda?? LOL Rhoda :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Aw, you look amazing there in Daisy Cottage. But I have to say, seeing little Maggie resting on your shoulder was the most precious thing ever!

Thanks for all the fun pics!

Glad you had such a great time...

Melissa

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i would love a break..i have missed you...r

Unknown said...

How great is this that you get to visit your friend. Love the photo of you and the pup. And your friend's place looks so pretty. Glad you had a wonderful time Rhoda.

Michelle said...

Aw Rhoda, that's just so neat that you guys got to enjoy such a lovely visit together! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures - I always enjoy looking at your photos :)

Hugs,
Michelle

Cami said...

Well, I had so much fun reading this post. I could feel your excitement. I am sitting on the edge of my chair and now I have to take all this enthusiasm to bed now. How will I ever sleep?! And that Maggie is a real cutie. Thanks for the inspiring "tour"!

Painted Pink Pot said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. I have been on her sight it;s beautiful just like yours. That was so nice and inviting of her.

Stacy

Gina said...

Oh how wonderful, it is the best treat to visit your blog.

Sandy said...

How fun and what a warm welcome! I love the yellow paint on her walls :)

Donna said...

I can tell you had the most fabulous time! And I love the pictures of you and Maggie!
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

What a great place she has. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Esther Sunday said...

How special that you got to visit Kim and visa versa! And Maggie to! I am so envious! Love, Esther

Donna, The Decorated House said...

The pictures of you and Maggie are so cute. You know I love Kim to pieces and and was positive that you would as well. I laughed when she said you went to the Goodwill. Nothing there for me, but it certainly was a very clean store!
Thanks for sharing you pictures. I don't think I took a single one at Vintage. I was so surprise to find Kim I never thought of my camera at all.
Donna

Mrs. B said...

It sounds like so much fun! You and Maggie look lovely. I bet Kim's home was just gorgeous. I really like her blog. I've seen those coffee cups and they are just darling. What a thoughtful gift! Love your Goodwill finds (I've really got to give that place a try)! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Vonda said...

I know you must certainly have felt special with that Chalkboard message welcoming you, Rhoda! So glad y'all had a great time! Girl you have friends everywhere! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda.......I am so happy you got to meet Kim! I would love to meet her too one day. Sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting with her! Bonnie

Southern Heart said...

I so enjoyed seeing this post! It sounds like you all had a great time, and I wish you many, many more!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to finally meet up with friends you've chatted with online? Looks like you had a wonderful time!~xo

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I'm so jealous that you got to hold Miss Maggie. Great pics of you two.

Justabeachkat said...

I'm just a tad bit jealous. I would love to meet Kim too and of course sweet Maggie.

Hugs!
Kat