Friday, April 25, 2008

Jazz by the Bay

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Clearwater Jazz Festival, a 2-day event that was a perfect way to spend a weekend in Florida. Me and my hubby both love jazz music and have had the pleasure of going to several jazz concerts in Atlanta and have heard some phenomenal musicians in the last few years. This festival was packed with talent! And this venue was just the perfect place to have a jazz fest. Coachman Park sits right by the bay in Clearwater. The weather was picture perfect, as was the scenery.
By the bay The pier overlooks the bridge and bay.
Large balloons advertised the festival.
and the big stage where all the performers did their thing. Palm trees, blue skies and jazz...doesn't get much better than this!
Hubby and I staked out our spot with chairs and sat back and enjoyed.
Hubby with his Alabama football cap on the second day.
The line-up was wonderful...Jonathan Butler and Boney James were up the first night and they both did a phenomenal job. This is Jonathan with a local sax musician who was just great, Eric Darius.
Boney James on the jumbo screen and he really tore it up. We absolutely love sax music and Boney does it right.
He's a top-notch performer.
Me in my flips flops......
doing what I do best....eating.....strawberry shortcake with homemade vanilla ice cream. Are you jealous yet? Don't be, I was back to my regular exercise schedule this week AND cutting back on the calories. Why it is when you travel, you just eat crap food so much of the time? It sure tastes good though!
Peter and I relaxing. Those chairs were just perfect for this, I found those last summer yardsaling for $5 each and I am SO glad I bought them. Very comfortable too.
Jonathan Butler on stage. He's a Christian and a really neat guy from South Africa. We've heard him a couple of other times and always enjoy him.
Saturday's headliners were Paul Taylor, Chieli Menucci and Kem. It was a long day, but very rewarding and fun. We were so glad we got to experience it together and we'll always remember the Clearwater Jazz Fest.
The sunset over the bay.
Temps dropped to the 60's
And the city was beautiful.
Sunsets over water are just so pretty, I didn't want to miss these shots.
And they didn't disappoint.
With jazz music floating in the air, it was such a pretty setting.
Jazz and sunsets.....they do go together after all! This wraps up my Florida adventures from last week, hope you enjoyed it!
I'll be going back to Florida with my hubby for one more week next week, but will be posting as usual and I'm sure I'll return with some more fun to share with all of you. Enjoy your weekend!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Love jazz as well. Susie

Adrienne said...

Perfect! Couldn't think of a better place to enjoy such music. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Aah! Jazz, gentle breezes, warmth and beautiful views. I agree that it can't get much better.

PAT said...

Yep...Flip Flops, Jazz and Strawberry Shortcake...can't go wrong with that combination!

Pat

Cottage Dreaming said...

Rhonda, your photography and journaling is terrific. I really get a sense of what you are doing and it is so fun. I also love Jazz. What a wonderful way to spend some time with your husband.
Heather

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a great time! I just love the sunset pictures!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Great photos and story as usual !
You make me want to put on my travelin' shoes and go....


(())

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Hi Rhoda. I've enjoyed seeing your Florida pictures so much. I'm trying to get down to Florida next year to visit both sets of parents (who winter in Florida). It just didn't work out for me this past winter.

Love those concerts in the park. So much fun. Sand, beach, sea shells *sigh* Perfect!!

You also have a very handsome hubby there :)

I know what you mean about vacation and exercising. . . I went back to Weight Watchers today - 1st time since vacation - ouch!! Back to watching the calories, and back to my exercise routine. But hey, isn't it nice to "live a little" on vacation? Sometimes we need to just throw caution to the wind with that healthy eating for a bit!! LOL

Blessings,

Sher

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like it was the perfect setting and you were really enjoying yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. B said...

Hi Rhoda! It looks like you had so much fun! I love doing that kind of thing. Your sunset pictures are really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,

Great pictures! The beach looks so pretty! I always love hunting for shells - you found some good ones. Kim's house looks amazing (as usual)! Miss Maggie is such a cutie!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog this is! I feel like I went on vacation with you (and I needed one, so thanks!).

It was so nice of you to add Hooked on Houses to your blogroll. I'm honored! You made my day. -Julia :-)

Deb said...

Hi Rhoda, good show as usual,Deb

Donna Lynn said...

I want some of that wonderful strawberries and Ice cream...oh and the sun, flip flops, jazz...need I go on? I sure wish I could of gone with you, pulled up a chair and had a visit with you both! Looked like so much fun, hope you have a great weekend,
Donna Lynn

Terri Steffes said...

Ooooo I just posted about strawberry shortcake....

nothing like flip flops in Florida!(sounds like a book title doesn't it)

Rue said...

It looks like you both had an absolutely wonderful time :)

The sunset was gorgeous!

Have a beautiful evening :)
hugs,
rue

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh, stow me away in your suitcase...it looks like you are having a wonderful time in Florida! :) And yes, I was jealous when I spotted the strawberry shortcake! :) You are just beautiful, & you and your husband make a striking couple! I enjoyed your blog immensely today! ...I had to go back several post to catch up with you, I'm really behind! LOL!

Have a blessed weekend! ~Rhonda :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

Your photos are all so gorgeous especially the one with the sunset!! The ones with you and hubby are great too!!

Enjoy yourself!
Hugs,
Robin

Sandy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, Rhoda. Speaking of jazz, did you tell your husband about pandora.com? He may really enjoy it ...

Becky K. said...

You got some great shots! That strawberry shortcake looks scrumptious!

The pictures of the water at sunset...sigh...contentment!

Becky K.

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...your photos show you had a good time. Jazz, sunsets, comfy chairs and strawberry shortcake...oh my!

Happy Sunday!
Hugs!
Kat