Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random Shots of Pretty

Recently was having fun with my new camera around the house, still learning how it works and how to take the best shots. Let's go for a stroll..... Kitchen bunnies
Bunny on a leaf
Bathroom shelf
Livingroom console table

Fresh flowers on the piecrust table from my floral designer friend;Perfect for a spring bouquet on the kitchen table.
They sure brighten up the livingroom.
Soft blues and creams mixed with seashells in the masterbath. On top of my antique mirror.
A friend gave me the bunny and the bird holder was a yardsale find and I think they mix well together.
Oil painting in the livingroom, along with some blue and white things.
Pears on the mantel. You saw this shot on my new banner.

Silk and dried arrangement. Love these colors in the artichokes and pomegranites.
Dried hydrangeas in a container I decoupaged several years ago on top of kitchen cabinets. I still love these colors.

Hope you are all enjoying a happy week. Kim and I are getting together on Friday for a visit.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

32 friends stopped by:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Very pretty indeed! Enjoy another week in Florida and I'll be watching for the pictures. :) Rosie

Anonymous said...

You are becoming quite the photographer....

Have a nice visit with Kim, pls. tell her "hi' for me...

It's going to be 70 here today, can't wait !!!

Hope you're having a nice time,
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look great! I am so in need of a new camera. If I dont get one soon I will close down shop in blogland, hehe. Without pictures it's no fun! Take care, Susie

Fran said...

Please come decorate my house!!! I will turn on the heat while you are here since I know you are nice and warm in Florida!

Fran

Maureen said...

Camera fun...just love it! Have fun with Kim- I look forward to hearing all about it. When you have time, be sure to check out my post & photos from that Showhouse Tour I mentioned to you!

Anonymous said...

I love your random shots of pretty. I think it is so important that we surround ourselves with pretty. After all, we deserve it.

Julie said...

Thank you so much for posting about my contest on your blog. I am thinking that a really computer saavy - artistic teenager would be a great candidate for this contest...and there seem to be so many teachers that have blogs. I just need to get the word out...so I REALLY appreciate the advertising help Rhoda!

I have to ask - are your Pears made out of gourds? I used to grow gourds, paint and sell them at craft shows. Some looked like pears, some like apples - etc.

Julie

Unknown said...

You're making me want a new camera!!

Donna said...

Just beautiful!
I love everything.

Have fun with Kim on Friday!
Hugs,
Donna

Glenda said...

I really enjoy visiting your site. Your pictures are just wonderful. I really like looking at your header every time I visit.

Glenda

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your banner, have I told you how much I love it! I just love each of those pictures and it's so representative of your blog.

You're doing so good with your camera! I still don't know half of what mine can do - I just don't have the patience to mess with it LOL!

Love all the pretty things in your pictures. The decopauged container is so cute! All the flowers are beautiful - they do brighten a room!

I know you're having a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear what you and Kim are up to!

xo,

Manuela

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job with your new camera. Thanks for the stroll through your home. I love the piece that is on your console table! Too pretty:)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful pics of your home. Great camera & YOU have a great eye for composition!! I'll be back often!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You have such beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh I so agree with Beverly about pretty. My daughter and I have a question about anything we buy "Is it cute?" It doesn't matter if you need it, can afford it or if you have room for it, nothing matters but is it cute or pretty!

Deb said...

Hi Rhoda, everything was very lovely, Deb

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Your things are so very beautiful. Have a fun weekend...Mary

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, Enjoy your visit with Kim. Your pictures were lovely. I have an Olympus digital that I received for Christmas and have yet to try it, you have inspired me to open it! What kind of camera are you using?
Enjoy the weekend! Mary

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love you decorating ideas! Thanks for sharing! Everything is just so inviting. Dianntha

Sandi McBride said...

Lovely lovely lovely...enjoy your day with Kim!
Sandi

CIELO said...

You have a very lovely home... thanks for sharing those pictures with us.... I too love to take pictures with my new camera; it's so much fun!

When you have time come visit the house in the roses, we are having a dessert carnival… come and participate. It promises to be FANTASTIC!!!

Cielo

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm really loving those pears on your mantel, Rhoda!

OKGardners said...

Such beautiful pictures. I love your home and cute things you have around the rooms.

Keep us entertained! We love it!

Betty in Oklahoma

Rosemary said...

It's all really pretty Rhoda!!
Love the hydrangeas!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Rosemary

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I am seeing centerpieces!

Love your springtime pics. ~BTW they are having a great sale on ferns and hanging pots at the Food Smart this weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is like a breath of fresh air. You are so talented. Please keep the inspirations coming!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you girls for all the very sweet comments! My very favorite thing to do is vignettes, making things look good around the house.

Mary, my camera is a Canon A570IS and I've really enjoyed it. Not too expensive & has a lot of nice features, so you might want to check it out online and read reviews. It gets confusing trying to pick out a camera, but I had heard so many great things about the Canons that is what I went for & I'm very happy with mine.

Rhoda

Carrie said...

Beautiful vignettes. I enjoyed the tour.

Anonymous said...

Love the shots of 'pretty'~ missing you lots~ so I have been out of ciculation so long~ox~Sharon@C'est Chouette

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Rhoda, I enjoyed the tour of all your pretties! I love the rabbit in the bird holder! You have collected the neatest stuff and I enjoy browsing over it! My MIL was visiting one day last week, and I showed her your blog! She absolutely loved it, as do I! You have a wonderful sense of decor!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend...it sounds like a great one so far!

~Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,

You've always had such a way with vignettes and I so enjoyed seeing your latest. You take bunnies to a whole new level. Wonderful eye candy. Thanks for sharing your latest home ventures with us. I enjoyed it.

Lisa

Susie Q said...

Gorgeous as your home always is!

Have a sweet visit with Kim and hugs to you both!!

Love,
Sue