Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shopping with Kat

We met up with Kat (JustaBeachKat) and her very nice hubby, George, last year when we went to Seagrove Beach and this year had the opportunity to spend some extra time with them. We went to their gorgeous home and they are blessed to live fulltime in Destin now that they are retired and truly do live in Paradise. Their home is a stunning Tuscan design and we visited with them at their home for a bit, then went out for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. George tooled us around on their golfcart, showing us all around the Baytowne Village at Sandestin. It is such a fun place, just like being in Disney World. Kat is such a warm and genuine person, truly a sweet and gorgeous lady.
And I got to meet their precious pup, Miss Daisy in person and she welcomed me with lot of kisses and made us both feel very welcome. I'm such a dog lover and she was so sweet. Her coat is like silk.
Kat and I with Miss Daisy in their beautiful home. Kat is a super decorator and their home just oozes warmth and beauty everywhere. I told her they don't even need to leave to go on vacation with all the ammenities at their fingertips. Gorgeous lanai and a pool in the backyard! After lunch we stopped by for fudge. Oh, I ate too much last week...isn't that always the way it is on vacation?!

Then on Tuesday, while my hubby went deep-sea fishing, Kat and I met up again for a 1/2 day of marathon shopping and she took me around to her favorite antiques stores. Now that was fun! We hopped in Kat's convertible Mercedes and had a ball, flying around with the top down. Two blondes having fun, we should have taken a pic of that! Lots of great things to look at. Kat found a pretty painting that she had looked at earlier and finally decided to bring it home. It's perfect in her home!
Lots of eye candy.

This sofa was a real bargain at $550. I think it was a consigned piece. I've loved this toile fabric for a few years now and if I had a place for this, would have snapped it up in a minute. Very comfy down blend pillows too.
And of course, lots of seashells. I bought 2 of those white starfish that were HUGE to add to my collection.

Lots of fun things to look at


Whimisical painted furniture in one booth space. I loved all of this.
Especially these zebra print stools.

And what a sweet bunny lamp.
Kat took me to a landmark in Destin, called Dewey Destin seafood. I actually got to go here 3 different times. We went with some other friends too and liked it so much we went back. I was happy to find this place and from the looks of the crowds out the door, lots of people are finding it. It's a hole in the wall out on the docks, but the food is the BEST.
Shrimp basket at Dewey Destin. This is what we got to look at while we ate lunch. Isn't it beautiful? Yes, the water really is this blue-green color and that's what brings the crowds to this part of Florida.
Kat and Me...in my entire outfit of yardsale finds. They were perfect for the beach.
Plenty of birds to watch
Seagull hanging out
It was such a fun time visiting with Kat and I'm so happy we got to spend some time together. This is our third time meeting and it really is like hanging out with an old friend. Thanks Kat for showing me all around your favorite places. I loved it and hope we get back there soon! I have 3 more days to share this week, so come back for more. Then, I promise we'll get back to decorating and some other fun things!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

25 friends stopped by:

Adrienne said...

Hi Rhoda -
It sounds like you and Kat had a great time together. It's nice to meet friends you enjoy and can share many things in common.
~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

First , Daisey is just too cute. Second, Please take me shopping with you. I needed tose birdcages. Oh and I needed that sofa and .... what neat places you take us. Thanks you friend, Susie H

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda. I missed you, but it looks like you had a fabulous time! Love that store especially the painted furniture.
Glad you enjoyed yourself on those beautiful beaches too.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Kat had a ball !!!

I just love her blog..she is such a sweetie...

Have a great week,
Kathy :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It looks like such a great time!!

You two look like sisters. :)

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Rhoda, come back! We didn't have enough time....to shop, to talk, to eat, to take more photos, to see more places..... You and Peter need to come for a visit and this time stay with us. Now, wouldn't THAT be fun? Miss Daisy says "please!".

Miss ya.
Hugs!
Kat

Rhonda said...

I love your pictures and, my, your summer is getting off to a wonderful start! My son was married in a sunrise service on the beach in Destin a few years ago and it was absolutely gorgeous. That was my first time there and those beaches were every bit as beautiful as those in Mexico.

Charm and Grace said...

Rhoda, thanks for reciprocating my blog visit! You are the only other Magic City blogger I have found in my blogging rounds, so far. Loved your pictures from the beach... those beautiful emerald waters! We have stayed in Sandestin many times, although it's been a few years. What fun to get together with a blogging friend and go antiquing. That sofa... I don't know how you left it in the shop!! What restraint...

Blessings,
Christi

Sometimes It's Good said...

What a beautiful post! The beach and the birds and the antiques...what a fabulous place! You and Kat seem like the most friendly people. Wish I could meet you both. I love both your blogs.

Deb said...

I love your trips Rhoda, they always seem so fun! Deb

parTea lady said...

Looks like Kat knew the best shopping and dining spots. What fun!

Anonymous said...

What fun you had!!! I just want to know how you stay sooo slim eating all of those yummy dishes you show us!! I think I need a snack. Bye.

Anonymous said...

So great that you got to visit, and it was only icing on the cake to go to so many fabulous places.

I'm having a great time on your vacation.

Beth said...

I have to tell you, your pictures and writing is better than reading Country Living, Southern Living, and Paula Deen's magazine all rolled into one!

I absolutely LOVE your blog!

Unknown said...

you lost me after the picture of fudge... no longer concentrate after fudge!

My hubs is a deep sea fishing fanatic!

Glad you had a nice trip to the beach!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I loved that couch too! And I have a spot for it!! (sighs) =) The beaches look great too!!

Charlotte said...

Hi Rhoda,
I came her from Beachkat's blog. Her blog has been a must read for me for a long time. I enjoyed seeing your pictures and hearing of your experience with Kat.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip! Thanks for walking us through it with your wonderful pictures:) I can't wait to go on vacation now!

Mary said...

Glad you had such a great time in FL., and meeting up with Kat again was fun - looks like she knows good places to shop....and eat!!

Adla said...

Such fun you had visiting all those gorgeous places, Florida is indeed beautiful!

Sandi McBride said...

You two had so much fun it makes me jealous! That seafood looks great and I'd give my right arm (or at least a picture of it) to be able to go through those antique shops. Lucky girl! But glad you're back...
Sandi

Jenny said...

What a nice vacation. The weather looked perfect. And all that delicious food. How do you eat so much great food and still stay so thin? I think I've gained five pounds just reading about it =)

Unknown said...

Both your post, and Ksat's made me hungry tonight! I know you had fun there with Kat! I enjoyed her post and photos about your visit at her blog. I would have loved to seen a picture of you two in the convertible with hair flying! Isn't it fun to make such great memories?

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

When I married my husband, I moved over to Ft. Walton Beach from Mobile, AL. I got a job in Destin and, as I was driving there from FWB, I actually started shivering. The white sand on the dunes looked like SNOW to me! lol I'd never seen sand that white before. Then when I came over the bridge and got my first glimpse of those emerald waters...well, it took my breath away. It truly is a beautiful place to see. I don't miss the traffic there, but the sites...well there's not much that can compare. Thanks for posting all these lovely pictures. They bring back fond memories for me.

Kari

Maureen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation Rho..loved seeing all of the beach photos. Boy, you work fast! I haven't even gone through all of our photos from vacation yet,and it's been over three weeks now! Friends just got back from Seagrove, where they rented two houses for family members, and they raved about it. They usually go to Seaside. Me, I want to buy a place in Rosemary Beach!