Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yummy Cappuccino

I'm not a real coffee lover every single day, but some of my favorite coffee beverages at Starbucks are cappuccinos, lattes, or my absolute favorite...White Chocolate mochas...oh my, and I'm not even coffee fiend, but those I love, the sweet ones! But those prices, I really don't like those prices at Starbucks. I mean, who can afford to pay that all the time? I just won't do it. With this economy of ours, I imagine that gourmet coffee may have to take a backseat for a lot of folks. So, what to do?? Remember this cute little cappuccino mug I found for $3 at the Goodwill in Lakeland with Kim? This little thing is so cool! If you decide you have to have one of these, I found one at an online store here. Sorry it's not $3!

And wow, does it really work for frothing up the milk. This is about 1/4 cup of milk that I microwaved for 30 seconds. A few pumps of the handle and.... Look at the foam....
And with the addition of a sweet little vintage cinnamon shaker from an antique store. Bye-bye Starbucks! Hello to home cappuccino, made by little ole' me, with a little help from my Italian Frasbosk cup.

********************************
Blog Alert: Please visit Jillian at Blog Me Til Midnight. She is a homeschool mom who is doing a holocaust project with her sons and they are collecting stars from around the world. Please take a look here and think about adding to their collection. I know a lot of you crafty girls are great with the art and I 'm sure Jillian would appreciate all contributions to this worthy project. Email Jillian (jillianmcurtis@yahoo.com) if you'd like to participate and she will send you her address. Thanks!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

30 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Good for you (a new Starbucks opened nearby me some months ago, but I still haven't gone). Leigh sent me - You have a lovely blog!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh YUM! I love my coffee and now that it's summer, I have to have my iced coffee every day.

Tanya said...

That looks delicious! You have such a pretty blog!

Tiffany said...

That's even better than starbucks because you get to drink out of your own, personal, beautiful coffee mug. :) Oh yeah, and you'll save a ton of money.

Kristi said...

You aren't kidding about the Starbucks prices! Great idea and love your pretty mug!

Anonymous said...

I wish I loved coffee... I love the smell of it so much. I think I just rather the taste of a good ole coke. That is a neat idea though... I will be sure to pass it on to my sister, thanks... Smiles, Susie H

Anonymous said...

Very clever, and quite appealing.

I'm not a frequent customer of Starbucks, either. And, I'm not a coffee fanatic. But, when I do have coffee I want to strong and black.

Joy said...

Thanks for coming by to visit. It was so nice of you to let me know that you dropped by. I've actually been visiting you for months, but never left a comment. I really do enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

I guess we are thinking alike! I am an ice coffee nut in the summer and hazelnut is my favorite but I am not paying the prices out there either and when I saw all the sugar they added I decided to make my own too! I bought ground dunking coffee, hazelnut syrup at the grocery store and went and made a pitcher! Just as good as theirs and I control the sugar thereby controlling the waistline (almost) and the pocketbook! Enjoy your java! - Jeannette

Donna Kay said...

You could put Starbucks out of business with that!!! Looks heavenly!!!
Bless...
Donna

Jess said...

Hopping over from Leigh's blog...not much of a coffee drinker myself, but that looks quite yummy. Your mug is adorable (Anthropologie?).

I see that you love antiquing...we have some wonderful shops in San Francisco, but the price tags are a bit steep...will have to hit those flea markets for the time being! Your blog is just beautiful and very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,
I am a Dunkin Donuts gal ~ I don't do Starbuck I am too overwhelmed with their menu.

I have a morning cup each day...cold weather I do hot ~ this time of year a nice iced coffee is the ticket YUM !!!

We have a cappuccino machine if we're in the mood for that, hubby likes a sprinkle of cinnamon, I love a sprinkle of chocolate.

Cute little cup,
Kathy :)

Jenny said...

Great idea. Me and my daughter occasionally stop by Starbucks but we were just talking recently about the price. I told her with people cutting back and trying to save money Starbucks would probably be one of those things being cut back. I usually have only one cup of coffee in the morning so I like it to be a really good cup but Starbucks is just too pricey.

Happy@Home said...

That looks super yummy. I love to wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I only do Starbucks as a special treat and do love their Java Chip Frappuccino, but I agree the prices are steep.

Love visiting your blog.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I do love the iced coffee too! I see several of you are fans of that too. Did you know that McDonald's now has Vanilla Iced coffee? I have just tried it and it's really good. I might have to try to make my own at home too. Will have to look for some coffee syrups at the grocery store.

My favorite which we don't have in B'ham is iced cappuccino from QT gas stations in Atlanta. I'm so bummed there are none of those over there. They are the best frozen treats!

Rhoda

Elizabethd said...

We dont have Starbucks in France....yet! but I do agree, your own fresh made coffee beats anything else!

Sandi McBride said...

OMG...WHite Chocolate Mocha...Rhoda, you're pushing me off my diet!!! Course I can even smell it now...where are the keys? Where's my purse
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I am a REGULAR coffee drinker, and that cappuccino looks delicous!

I love your "R" mug, so pretty!

j said...

I am here by way of Leigh cause you are one of her Frans! Well, your one of my Frans too so Hi from both of us. Isn't she sweet to do her introduction to her Frans? Hmmmm, I may just be inspired to do the same!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

That would be so much fun to have. I am a big coffee lover. Thanks for the tip!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Great idea!!!! Anything to save money these days. Rhoda, you have to come by and take a look at the treasures I won from your give away. I finally found time to decorate with them. I really love them, I plan to do my own givaway very soon. Thank You!!!! Nancy

Picket said...

Hey Rhoda..I am not much of a coffe drinker but that sounds mighty good...I wanted to thank you for your inspiration on the black furniture painting...I went right out and bought some black paint and painted a dinette set that I had for 10 yrs !!!!! lol I love it...I posted a pic of it on my blog tonight..thanks for the inspiration my friend!!!!

Unknown said...

what a great find! Thanks for the visit!
Robyn

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda
I am not a coffee drinker but it sure looks appetizing. With this present economy any little thing we can do to cut back is helpful isn't it? Your little cinnamon container is so cute.Sorry you missed the party. I'm thinking of ding one ofr fourth of July, so I'll let you know if I decide to go ahead with it.
Hugs, Rhondi

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Hi Rhoda, I love your coffee cup it is so pretty. I just started to drink ice coffee at McDonald's. I just have had the normal I will have to try the vanilla. I just wanted to thank-you for your older post about painting furniture black. I have somethings that I wanted to paint black but was not sure about anything.I always see directions on painting white but not black. I can hardley wait to get started. I found a head board and foot board in the trash, it will be just beautiful when I am done.
Take care,
ginger

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have a frother EXACTLY like that!!!
I'll come over for a cup of coffee- and bring my frother along.

Anonymous said...

It is pretty ridiculous to go to Starbucks for such things when you can make them at home. Or ever. Congratulations on figuring it out!

Kimba said...

Oooooooo! Yummy! I love a good cup of coffee but it irks me to no end to spend nearly $4 on one cup. I think I need to go find me one of those handly little things. Thanks!

CIELO said...

Yummy! That looks so good. I know what you mean about cutting down your visits to Starbucks... I'm a Starbucks fan myself and go there almost every day; my favorite is their Dulce Cinnamon Late... but I know I must refrain from going there so often. I should take my coffee at home, the only problem is I will miss the gaiety of meeting people, and cozying up by the window while drinking awesome coffee and enjoying people watching at the same time... oh well!

cielo

Toni said...

You have such a wonderful blog. The name of it suits perfectly. Love this post on the frothy milk. Your cup is the right vessel, much nicer than a styrofoam toss-away. I also enjoyed the upgrade of the corner cabinet. I never cared for those, but after seeing what you did, I'm inspired!