Saturday, September 13, 2008

Redeeming Love

Have you read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers? If you have not and I think I was probably one of the only one who hasn't.....go and get it! My good friend, Vicki, in Atlanta has been after me forever to read this book and she finally loaned me her copy. It was so, so great...a wonderful story of Hosea in the Bible, it's a portrait of God's grace and redemption in our lives. If you enjoy historical romance and Christian fiction, this is a must-read book.


I could hardly put it down. Riveting and such a grace-filled book, you will come away with a profound sense of just how much God loves US and will go to the ends of the earth to bring us back to him. When we went to the Beth Moore conference back in June, my 25-year old neice and her friend had both read it and loved it too, so it bridges the generations.


If you haven't already, read the book!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

36 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite books. Great review

Adrienne said...

This was my first Francine Rivers book. I couldn't put it down, either. Such a beautiful picture of God's love for us. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Years ago I saw Ms. Rivers at a Christian ladies retreat and she autographed this book for me. It is a book that left an indelible impression on my heart and I strongly recommend it. You will not be disappointed! I was tickled to see this book on your post today.

And I'm glad you served as inspiration for our sweet Picket! Her black mantle looks awesome! Your home is really beautiful and I thank you for sharing it with others.
Suesue

Anonymous said...

I love that book! I read it about a year ago, then had my daughter and mother read it also, and they loved it too. As you said, it definitely crosses all generations in its appeal.

Kristen said...

I loved this book! It's one of the few that I read over and over again and I get all teary every time. If you liked this one, Atonement Child is also good. A little tougher mentally and emotionally though. Glad you enjoyed Redeeming Love!

Deb said...

Hi Rhoda! It sounds like a very good book. I think I will give it a try. Deb

Kelly said...

I read this book years ago, and it's still one of my favorites...I remember several of us at church passing it to each other after we read it...and later I bought the audio version and loaned it out to friends at work.
It was such a wonderful story!
Blessings,
Kelly

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

It is sitting with a stack of books to read this winter (a few of them Francine Rivers books!).

My husband also loves her books so they are not too "girly".

I kept trying to get him to read the Laura Childs tea room mysteries but after two pages of fine china and tea... he opted out. :)

paintergal said...

Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors. I'd love to see a new book from her.
You should check out her other books as well. They all have powerful messages and are good stories to boot!

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
I haven't heard of this one...so glad you recommended it!
Thanks
Diane

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Rhoda, good morning. Yes I have actually read this and Oh my goodness it was wonderful. I couldn't put the book down, it was that good. I want to read some more of her books, can't wait.
Have a lovely day!
Debbie

Beth at Aunties said...

It sounds like an aweome book, thanks for letting us know about it.
Enjoy a wonderful Weekend!
Beth

Georgia Girl said...

Sorry but I am not much of a reader...I know I should be but I am to busy reading so many blogs lately I haven't had time to ready much less anything else.

Anonymous said...

it is a wonderful book - i have read most of hers and can recommend them all
i love christian fiction

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Sounds good but I have a hard time getting into fiction books. Is it a book I could learn from? If so, then I'm game.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I will try it out~

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, I will try the library on your recommendation. I am doing lots of reading these days.

Take care...Jeanne

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I guess I need to go to the libray and check out this book. I am a huge Beth Moore person and I also went to her conference this summer when she was finally here in MN :)
Thanks for the pretty photos of mantles. I think they are very fun to decorate and enjoy changing mine around :) I had a garage sale on Thursday and tried today, Rain, so I might try this Thursday. Have a great weekend.
Warmly, Deb

Justabeachkat said...

Okay, you know I've got books coming out my ears and no time to read them lately, but this one sounds like a good one, so I'm adding it to my list of ones to read.

Hugs!
Kat

(sorry I haven't been by in awhile...I've been up to my ears with stuff I'm getting out of the closets I'm cleaning....ugggg!!)

Rosemary said...

Hi Rhoda,
Good to hear from you!! Weird, I was just thinking about you yesterday. I have been way too busy lately to keep up with all of the blogs.
I will have to check out that book, if I get any reading time.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Rosemary

edie said...

Great book and I've enjoyed browsing your blog!

Stink Bone Jones said...

Looks like an interesting read. I'm going to have to go and read that one.

I loved the Red Tent, historical fiction about Jacob's wives.

Great blog!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

This is probably in my top 5 books that I adore. I read it cover to cover in 3 days. She is a great author and I have heard her other books are wonderful, as well.

Sue said...

This is one of my favorite books...I've read several of Francine River's books but I think this is the best.

Smelling Coffee said...

Redeeming love is one of my all-time favorite books! I've read it every year since it has been out. (The one you've pictured is at least the second publishing of it, with a more beautiful cover.) Francine Rivers is one of my favorite writers, and I think you'd love every Christian fiction book she's written.

Nancy Hood said...

I haven't read this one, but Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors. I'll make sure I get this one~

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up, I am going to look out for Francine Rivers at the library

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I recently read this book and loved it! Have you read And the Shofar Blew? That is a very good book too! And The Last Sin Eater is wonderful. She is an amazing author. If you are looking for a fun series with a wonderful message, read Yada Yada Prayer Group!

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh, Rhoda! We read this in our book club last year. Every one loved it! I highly recommend it too!

~Liz~

linda t said...

Oh Rhoda, Redeeming Love is my all time favorite book!!! My 23 year old daughter has read it many times.
So glad you enjoyed it too!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Thanks Rhonda for adding my blog to your blog roll! What an honor! I have written down the name of that book & will read it asap! It sure sounds like a great book! Thanks again!!

Linda said...

I loved this book. I read it in 2 days because I could not put it down either.
Blessings,
Linda

His Doorkeeper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
His Doorkeeper said...

Redeeming Love is one of my favorite books of all times. She has several good books you should read also!

Love your blog!

Shannon said...

I first read this book in high school and have read it two other times since. I love this book and all her books. If you haven't read Francine Rivers Mark of the Lion Trilogy you must! It is soooo good!

Amanda said...

Francine Rivers is my very MOST favorite author- I have ALL her books and have read each one 2-3 times!