Saturday, October 11, 2008

What you missed at my yardsale

I'll be up bright and early this a.m. putting all of this outside for the shoppers.....

Looks like I might be meeting a few new blog friends in person today.
See anything you like?
This ALL needs to go!


Wish me luck! Of course I'll give you all an update too on how it all went. Looks like a good day for it weather-wise.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

45 friends stopped by:

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

Oh how I wished I lived closer to you!!

Stacey said...

Rhoda, Doesn't it feel good to clean out like that? I'm not one who stashes things. I like to clear the path. :)

Good luck!

Kristi said...

I'm sick... If you don't sell those thick gold framed (circular) pictures, let me know!

Missy Wertz said...

Boo Hoo! I can't get over there today!

Jen said...

What fabulous goodies! I wish I could come and pick through them. Hope the yard sale goes well.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Have a great sale! My husband decided to spend the night in Birmingham last night instead of driving back to ATL at 10 PM and I begged him to go to your yardsale! Sadly, he's anxious to come home (he's been gone all week). One little stop on the way.....

Manuela

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

It looks like the rain is going to hold off.

I won't be able to make it today~ I hope you sell oodles of things.

Twice as Nice said...

You're so good at recycling, I'm surprised your giving up some great things. I wish I could be there. I saw alot I'd like to take home. Good luck I think you'll make a bundle!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lots of goodies! I like those striped lamp shades. You shouldn't have any trouble selling those or anything else in your goodie stash, Rhoda. Best of sales!

Sheila

Kim said...

Wow, I've never been to a yard sale with good stuff like that!

Good luck!

julie & joe said...

I wish I lived close to you! I saw several things I would buy if I did. Good luck!!!

Carol said...

Oh Rhoda, how I wished I lived close by so I could have shopped your sale! I see several items I would like to buy!

Carol * in Oklahoma

Sassy herself said...

WOW! I have never been to a yard sale with stuff this nice! I wished I lived closer to you. That green and burgandy bedding is just what I was looking for for my guest room. Hope you have a good sale. :)

Steph said...

Wish I lived closer too, I would have been there!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

You have some really great stuff! Hope things go well for your sale!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

You have some really nice stuff! Wish I could have gone to your garage sale! Hope you make lots of moolah!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Oh man I see a whole bunch I would be happy to take off your hands. I so wish I was closer!!!

Hope you have a great yard sale!

Angie said...

OOOH, I saw some things I want!!! You are really cleaning out some stuff - good for you! Good luck with the sale!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh yes, I see some stuff. Those two lamps would have been mine for my bedroom redo!!!!

Good luck ~ you have some lovely items for sale.

Blessings,

Sher

trish said...

I would love to have been able to attend your garage sale! :o) I hope that you did great!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Karen said...

oh I wish I could have come! I think MI is too far:) I went to one today and she had beautiful things, just priced too much for a garage sale IMO. I think more like a resale shop.

I have one of those heavy pineapple or artichoke thingys.

Susie Q said...

Oh how I wish I loved closer!
Such lovely treasures! I hope it is very successful!

Love,
Sue

Faye said...

Wow....what a lot of cool stuff! I certainly wish I could make it to the sale, but I live too darn far away :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Good luck and have fun!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

It looks like shopping at Tuesday Morning! Good luck! Wish I lived closer.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I enjoyed meeting you today! I hope you made alot of sales. Hey! I didnt see that yellow coverlet...I guess it sold. Pretty.
The consigner down the street was a good sale too. I bought several things from her, coinsidentally I have been to her shop.
Again, nice to see you in person, finally!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh Rhoda, If that tassel trim didn't sell...but I'm sure it sold..:( Well, I do hope you had a great day! We are planning one for next Saturday...I can't wait to get rid of all my greenry..LOL. Blessings, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hope you had better luck that I had today. This was the worst turn out for a yard sale that I have ever had. There were lots in the area and several local events, so maybe all their money was gone by the time they reached my neighborhood. Oh well, it all went to the thrift store. Once it is out of my house, it is NOT allowed to reenter.

Looks like you had lots of pretties, though. I'm sure your sale was a smashing success.

SophieMae said...

For some strange reason, dh wasn't agreeable to driving 300 miles for your sale. Maybe if he'd seen the palm print. 8-] I can't imagine anything being left. Like many others, I've rarely seen such wonderful goodies at a yard sale.

KM Studios said...

those are some great goodies!!! Im sure your sale will be profitable!
Best of Luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to announce your yard sale at a free online yard sale and you can post your left-over valuables in your own online sale.

Good Luck

Blogger said...

I hope you had a great sale, Rhoda! I saw some goodies there on your table!!!

Bella

Salmagundi said...

I would be there if it wasn't hundreds of miles away!!! Sally

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear how it turned out. I hit the bomb of a yard sale, and I was thinking of all my crafty friends that can sew. A daughter was cleaning out storage from her mom after she passed away this year. An entire storage shed of fabric, FRINGE, crafting things. I got a BOX of all different gorgeous fringe. It smells like storage but is all new, so I hope I can wash it in the washing machine.

Suzann said...

I'm sure that your sale went amazingly well! You had some gorgeous things! I spied a good old Trivial Pursuit game - I used to love to play that game back in the day. LOL.
I have found quite a bit of "stuff" around here that I need to sell, but to get organized. Perhaps I'll have a blog-sale. : )

Justabeachkat said...

Rhoda

I hope it went well. Yard sales are a lot of work, but it's such a nice feeling once it's over.

I hope some blog friends were able to come.

Hugs!
Kat

Pearl Maple said...

Wishing we lived a bit closer, you had way too much temptation on offer there.

Best of all by moving along things that no longer sing for you gives you more room for new toys.

Unknown said...

Did u sell those lampshades? if not let me know. I have been looking everywhere for black stiped ones. Mishelle@ cushman4153@gmail.com

suzanne said...

Looks like you had lots of goodies at your sale. I would have bought the black and white chandelier shades. Enjoyed reading your blog. stop by and visit my blog some time.
suzanne

Cathy said...

Congrats on a successful yardsale! Dh and I are eating out less to cut back on spending and trim the waistlines.

Tracy said...

Oh Rhoda, I would have been in Garage sale heaven. You had some really cute things. Glad you did well. Need to have one myself. Just gotta find the time. :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Oh, I definitely spy some items that would have come home with me! I think I see a pair of little oval framed Victorian-esque prints? Yes...I would have needed them. :-)

I am so sorry to have missed such a yard sale extravaganza!

And, hoo boy, your bookshelf looks AMAZING!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohhh I wish I could've been there! I see several things I'd have wanted to use as jewelry displays at my shows.

Magnolia Memories08 said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful sale.
I shopped while looking and I can
tell you I could have had a wonderful time.It really looked
great.Lot's and lot's garage sale
shoppers.

Lisa said...

I love your blog! I wish I could have gone to this sale, I seriously need those little lamp shades! Lol....