Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup

IMG_4150

Don’t we all have days when cooking is just not in the picture and we need something quick to serve up that’s hearty and delicious? I have 5 words for you today. Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup. You can get it at Walmart for just over $3 a package. Mix it with 8 cups of water, stir in the mix and simmer for 15 minutes. It doesn’t get any easier than that and this is one delicious soup. I had heard talk of Bear Creek soup mixtures from a couple of girls and the potato one in particular, so I grabbed one while in Walmart recently and she was absolutely right. It’s yummy!

IMG_4151

It makes 1/2 a gallon of soup. I normally make soups from scratch, but I love how convenient and quick this is to prepare when time is short.

Give it a try, I think you’ll love it too!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

24 friends stopped by:

Barbara said...

Morning Rhoda,
Thanks for the soup...I have friends coming and this would be great with a salad. Hope things are ok at your house.

Frugal Jen said...

We love this easy soup! We top with crumbled bacon bits and cheese very yummy.

lyn said...

yumm yumm! this is one of my fave soups! my kids love it too and it is soooooo simple.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

O.K. you convinced me Rhoda, I will definitely check it out! Thanks for sharing...
~Misti

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Good Morning Rhoda,
thanks for the tip, I will have to try that soup. I'm all for 'easy' when it comes to cooking. BTW - I love your blog makeover, it looks awesome.
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Tam

A Hint of Home said...

How funny you mention that today. Someone just brought us some potato soup.
I will have to try that brand when we need something in a hurry. Thanks for the tip.

Terri said...

Hi Rhoda,
You are very right - this is a delicious soup that I've made many times when in a time crunch. Try adding some sauted shrimp to it. That really kicks it up a notch.

Chelsey said...

I have seen this but am always leary of soup mixes. glad to get a review - i will have to try it out

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I need to try that one - thanks for the review. I made their chili couple years ago, and it was good.
Glenda

Natalie said...

Bear Creek soup is THE BEST!! I bought it on a whim one cold weekend and it was SO good! I had so much I invited my neighbor, who also happened to be my SISTER, over for dinner! The broccoli cheese soup is VERY good as well!!

Love the new look, Rhoda!

Chris said...

I had to laugh when I saw you write about Bear Creek soup. I've been ranting and raving about this soup to all my friends. They also have a broccoli cheese that's really good if you put some extra broccoli in it. Also, I put a little less water in it than is called for to make it extra thick! Well, to be honest, I never eat it. I hate potato soup and broccoli! :) But...my mom and husband love it!

Nicole ~ said...

Hi Rhoda,

I have tried this soup before, and it is very good!! I like to top it with bacon crumbles & shredded cheddar cheese.

Have a great day, Nicole~

Joanna said...

I will have to give it a try. I made baked potato soup from scratch this morning and we are eating it for lunch with crusty bread. Yummy!

Katherine said...

I've been a faithful reader of your blog for a little while but I think this might be my first comment.And about soup no less, when you've done so many noteworthy posts!I LOVE this soup for a quickie, and try to keep some in the pantry all the time. I'm planning to trim out the mirrors in my boys' jack & Jill bath soon...

Jennifer said...

I discovered this soup a couple of years ago, and it is one of our favorites! I add a can of sweet corn, some bacon bits, and we sprinkle cheese on top. I have even served it in bread bowls when having guests over. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO I am going to try this...thanks Rho I love potatoe soup and NO it does not get easier than this !!!

Kathy :)

nanny said...

I love that soup, it is my favorite one. The cheesy broc, kinda has a pasty taste. I recommend the vegetable beef flavored too, has a good flavor.

Kathi said...

I went out in the snow storm for milk and bread but didn't get any potato soup mix! Now I'll have to go back!!

Lori said...

I am glad to hear a review of this brand of soup. I looked at it the other day in the grocery store, but put it back because I wasn't sure about it. Next time, I'm going to get a package of it. . .potato soup sounds like a good one to start with.

Jill said...

Love your new design! I stumbled across this soup by accident last year and most certainly agree.... it's delicious!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Bear Creek puts out some good soups. They are a time saver too. We all prefer homemade, but there are times that it just doesn't work for me, so it's the easier way out.

MarthaYvette said...

my kids love this soup and it's easy to make when I didn't plan right or I just don't want to do it from scratch..:) I'm bummed now though my Walmart stopped selling this one??

Betty said...

Hi Rhoda,
Just last week when I was getting my hair trimmed my beautician asked if I had tried Bear Creek Soups...I had not....she gave me a bag of Cheese and Broccoli...I made it Sunday and it is delicious...so I'll try the others...

Betty

Amber Schmidt said...

Potato Soup in a bag... what could be better?!!!!!!!!!