Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Orange Pillow

Orange pillow2

It's amazing how a little jolt of color can just wake up a room. Just a little peek of the pillow I got for myself from the All Modern pillow party. I looked for an orangey color to add some pop to the pillows in the new beachy guestroom and I think this one does the trick. It’s not quite as bright in person, but it really plays well off the Georgia O'Keefe print above the bed.

orange pillow

Don’t you think?

IMG_4440

It even has a little slice of light blue on either end. Cute, huh?

When you are looking for a pillow for an accent, think about an opposite color than what you already have going in the room for a nice jolt! Works every time.

And speaking of a giveaway, go over and visit my friend, Debra at The Bunny's Bungalow, she's giving away some really great stuff. Don't miss out!

Also, on Tuesday, Pretty Organized Palace is hosting a Toile Party, so if you love toile, you might want to get in on the fun and do a post yourself. I'm playing in that one too!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

24 friends stopped by:

Vanessa Greenway said...

Wonderful! Love the pillows! Have a great Saturday!

Unknown said...

What a great pillow! Love the print and pillow together.

Blessings!

Stacey said...

Great idea adding the pop of orange. I've been looking around for little things like that around my house. Makes it much more fun!

Joanna said...

Looks great! I love that you chose orange...That color is outside my comfort zone, but you have proven chosen correctly, will look great!

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful shade of orange, I love it. Years ago orange was one of my least favorite colors, I don't know why. Then I learned to love it. In moderation, orange can really punch up a dull area. I love how it makes the other pillow pop. Overall, it was a great choice of color. The pillow itself is lovely. The little surprise on the sides is charming.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the toile party - you know I'm up for that one!! Love that pop of orange!

Manuela

Debra from Bungalow said...

Thanks Rhoda for the plug! ((u))
The orange pillow looks fantastic! I love the pop of color.

Becky K. said...

That is a wonderful combination!

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Nice detail on that pillow. Love it. You say beachy room, and I spotted a Georgia O'Keeffe flower..., there are some fabulous seashell paintings by here too I linked to it in case you want to check them out.

Darlene said...

That pillow is just perfect with the print above it!! LOVE it!

joyh82 said...

Love that whole set and the little pillow in front is great!

Unknown said...

I love pillows too. Olive, at Etsy.com, is our favorite online pillow shop.

The Charm House said...

Rhoda, This orange pillow is perfect! I love it! Orange has always been one of my favorite colors to make a room go "WOW"
Hugs,
Yvette

Allidink said...

Yes! It totally looks great! It makes everything so much more vibrant.

All the best,
Allison

Amber Filkins said...

Cute! I do love that touch of vibrant color up against that damask.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

that punch makes all the differnce. Love it!

Pretty Organizer said...

Holy Guacamole lady! Thanks for spreading the word! I've had a lot of reponses so "hopefully" we'll have a great turn out. Cant' wait to see what you post:) Thanks again so much Rhoda for spreading the word.

PrettyOranizer

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your pop of orange is just perfect!

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Rhoda; What a great pop of color, the orange is perfect.

Hugs;
Alaura

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Ilove, love yyour blog.

I have been a blog reader for years but only in the past couple of months have began to blog.
I love it!!!

Come by and visit anytime.
Teresa

Connie said...

Love the orange pillow and the picture above the bed too! Connie

Unknown said...

I wanted a comforter just like the one you have on that bed when we got married and I couldn't find one anywhere. I still can't. I look every place I go for one and NO luck! Do you remember where you got that?

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Funny, Rhoda...I just can't get enough of orange these days! I really want deep orange walls in my dining room. Maybe I will start with the guest bath...see how it goes. I love your pillow, it would great over here if you want to send it my way! See you at the toile party.
~Misti

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, living in Nashville with many friends who are alums from the University of Tennessee, there is plenty of orange all around. I feel vibrant when I wear orange, much like the room looks with the orange pillow (though I am not a UT alumn). A great example of what a splash of color can do.