Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Plunderosa

With a name like Plunderosa, you just know this place is going to be spectacular. I spotted it on the way down in Foley, AL and told Maureen that I really wanted to stop by there on the way back home, so we did and it was not a disappointment. It’s a wonderful treasure trove of old and vintage things. Mo had already been here, so knew what to expect. I was just in vintage antique bliss walking through this place.

IMG_4675

IMG_4676

I have never seen so many large pieces like this. These things are HUGE, you’d have to have a mansion of a house to fit one of these in, but they are gorgeous.

IMG_4677

Row after row of gorgeous old vintage pieces like this.

IMG_4678

Don’t you just love them? Can’t you see them filled with white ironstone?

IMG_4679

This little cane coffee table was so sweet.

IMG_4680

A perfectly shabby black painted piece.

IMG_4681

Some beautiful old pottery.

IMG_4682

IMG_4683

Can you see all the stuff crammed in here…a treasure trove!

IMG_4684

IMG_4685

I could fall in love with any number of things. These old glass bottles and vintage seltzers were not badly priced. Most of these were $20 each and I’m trying to figure out where I could put some of these.

IMG_4686

Next stop was Hood’s Home Center, which was another really cool place. They sell granite, kitchen cabinets, light fixtures, LOTS of garden merchandise and they also had some great pieces that were new, but looked old. Very reasonably priced too.

Hoods Home Center

IMG_4672

IMG_4666

This island was really cool and priced at $249. The top is concrete and it came in several colors. You could easily paint the bottom any color you wanted. Great looking piece!

IMG_4667

Nice bench

IMG_4668

Shabby bookcases. These pieces weren’t old, but were made to look old. Loved them all too.

IMG_4669

Lots of sizes and shapes.

IMG_4670

IMG_4671

Pretty fireplaces too.

IMG_4673

And a huge selection of gorgeous outdoor pots.

Hope you enjoyed this girl’s shopping trip! We sure had a ball stopping and browsing and taking our time. My favorite had to be The Plunderosa. I can see going back there again one day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

47 friends stopped by:

Carol Murdock said...

Wow! You have really had a good time browsing all this great stuff huh?
I'll have to check this place out next trip to Gulf Shores!
Carol

A New England Life said...

So much furniture! I was amazed by all the colored pieces at the Plunderosa, and they sure did have it packed in there!

Loved the bookcases at Hoods. I sure could use one of those!

Lori Bee said...

Such gorgeous pieces!! :)

Sue said...

Wow, you could outfit an entire kitchen with a couple of those gorgeous cabinets.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Hugs,
Sue

the voice of melody said...

I couldn't help but notice the cute little birdhouse in the cabinet. I love birdhouses!

Thanks for taking me shopping with you, and hope you have a beautiful day. :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. I love all the gorgeous old furn pieces, they look so pretty, but you would have to have a really big house. Just so fun to look at. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
I enjoyed the virtual shopping trip! I'll look for these places next time I'm in Gulf Shores!

Lori E said...

Apparantly I am not shopping in the right stores. Mind you in my case I am not even shopping in the right country. You guys have the best stuff.

Helen said...

Be still, be still ... please be still my heart!!! I could curl up and live here ~ seriously. I have NEVER seen a place like this. Oh, to have even one of thos large pieces ... I would knock down walls to accommodate! Thank you. I have saved every photo in my inspiration file!

Joanna said...

Wow, you always find the neatest places to stop in at. My luck I'd go into a place and there would be nothing there!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What awesome places to shop! Girl, I love all of those old cabinets! I'll have to plan to make some stops the next time I travel farther south than we are.
Have a great week!

Sue said...

Wowie, I sure wish I was in your neck of the woods! Alas, I will have to be content with virtual shopping via YOU! Glad you had a fun trip.
All the best. Sue

Anonymous said...

Such neat cabinets and I love the old bottles and pottery, too. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Jenna said...

Be still my heart! Those are gorgeous cabinets. Good thing I live a long ways aways & don't have a truck.

Rebecca Corvese said...

What a great place! I want to go! It's nice to have a place like that nearby. They are hard to come by. Thanks for sharing!

imjacobsmom said...

Cute stuff! Bet that was a fun afternoon! ~ Robyn

Evy said...

Beautiful, beautiful furniture and decor... I instantaneously fell in love with each item in your pictures!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

It all looks great! You've inspired me to get back down to Foley soon!

Erin said...

I would have started twitching from the sensory overload at Plunderosa! It definitely lives up to its name.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Beautiful pieces!!!! I have a huge weekness for that kind of stuff...but I lack a huge budget for it too...lol ;) Nancy

Anonymous said...

Amazing pieces!!!!If I happen to come across something like that, I wouldn't want to leave..only problem..I don't have a truck or a house big enough. But I can dream, can't I???

Tamara Jansen said...

I wish I could have come along for REAL :)

jessiev said...

That's it! I'm Moving!! There are no such places to be found around here in Rockland county...with maybe the exception of a few high priced antique shops in Nyack...us girls are out of luck.
You're trip so far has been amazing! I must admit,though, I' a bit jealous. Oh, heck no, I'm extremely, pulling my hair out, jealous of all the wonderful fun you're having. But I'm still happy for you, you deserve it! hugs:D)

Betty Jo said...

Gosh I could just pitch a tent among all those beautiful hutches and other pieces and spend some time there! Love the shabby pastel colors too. ♥

Linda in AZ * said...

* That does it, girlfriend! I'm throwing everything away and "STARTING NEW"... WITH "OLD"! ~ I ADOOOORE all that "stuff"! Thanks so much for sharing! (Well, DH probably WOULDN'T thank you, but I SURE DO!!! Love, Linda *

Unknown said...

I'm living in the wrong part of the country! What beautiful pieces!

Sheryl

Kat said...

We've driven past both places many times. Thanks for the tour!

Runner Mom said...

What a fun time! I loved Hood's since it's my last name! Those vintage pieces from the Plunderosa were beautiful--but you're right, not many homes are big enought to house something like that..but, we can look!!

Hugs,
Susan

Unknown said...

Plunderosa looks like a little piece of antique heaven. Wish I was near enough to enjoy such a place. The pics are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Carol Bennett said...

Rhoda, love the info about the shops near Foley.The cabinets at Plunderosa look similar to some we've seen in Atlanta at European Antique Pine, over near Mansell Road.Their pieces were pretty pricey though I thought. Do you remember any prices on those at Plunderosa? We get done that way from time to time, we're in the market for one to use as a wine bar.
Thanks for any info, Carol

KM Studios said...

MY goodness!
You DO know where allt he good stuff is!!
Here in Philly its hard to find places like that!
Love those large pieces!!!

Unknown said...

Love those large pieces. I could really use one in my dining room. Where do you find so many great places to shop?

Cynthia

Jeanne Oliver said...

The vintage cabinets were amazing! How fun..

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Loved all the furniture!! I could have bought everything there if I had had the money. I'm sure you were the same way. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I feel like I went on your trip too. Have a great week! Love & blessings from NC!

sandra/tx said...

Rhoda, your pics speak volumes about what a little paint can do for a piece of furniture. Great finds!

The Bloom Girls said...

Hmmm, I haven't been to Gulf Shores in years; we started going to Sandestin when the kids were little, there was so much more for them to do. But I may have to revisit the GS area, I could see loving The Plunderosa....I very much have an issue with oversized pieces of furniture (meaning I like them a lot!!!!).

Great post as usual. Thanks for sharing your trip to GS.

Nola
The Bloom Girls
Nashville, TN

Gina said...

Maybe you could get a white wire rack, put it on the wall, and fill it with multiple spritzer bottles....
Love your photos, so dreamy!

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Oh, I wish I could have that caned coffee table!

Janet said...

I am renting a U-Haul and coming to Alabama. I see these giant case pieces full of beautiful textiles. I will need them for my shop, someday. ;)

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

Rhoda, thanks for letting me shop through your eyes and camera!

Anonymous said...

Oh this update needs a bib alert too!

Deb said...

I love the pots and the bottles, sounds like you had fun

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I would loovvveeee that little island for outside by our BBQ! I even spot a little bottle opener on it...Fabulous!

That furniture at the Pluderosa (ha!) it not unlike what you've turned out yourself, Miss Rhoda! I mean...the corner cabinet! The bookshelf! You'd give them a run for their money.

Kammy said...

Ohh my gosh ! I am drooling over your pictures ! Looks like you had
a great time ! Hugs ~ Kammy

Unknown said...

Rhoda,

I go to Orange Beach once or twice each summer and have passed these places always wanting to go in, but never made the time to do it.

Thanks for the tour.

Debbie

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

Omgoodness ,wow!!! I will have to make dear hubby stop by here our next visit to Gulf Shores.Hopefully we will be going Memorial day weekend.
DH loves eating at Lamberts's and Hazel's Nook in Foley.
Thanks for passing this on to us!!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness.....I just saw the bookcase I have been desparately searching for to put in my daughter's room right here on your blog....you found it at Hood's.....Too bad I live in Arkansas. Maybe I'll luck out and find something close to that here!