Monday, April 6, 2009

The Katillac Shack

Showhouse Kitchen

There is just so much creativity in the blogworld and recently, I came across a wonderful new website, The Katillac Shack and met Kelee, who is the whimsical lady behind this delightful blog. She regularly features other blogs with their projects and so graciously agreed to feature my beachy guestroom on her blog today, so go on over and take a look at that. I’d also like to introduce her to my readers so that you can enjoy her blog as well. Kelee is an artist, creative therapist, and author, is a best selling author for Amazon.com and and has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Today, Kelee writes “The Inspired Home” for Guideposts, the world’s foremost inspirational magazine as their house and home expert.

Recently, Kelee designed this kitchen for the Kansas City Symphony Showhouse and Kelee says, “The design owes itself to the masterful interior architectural design of Steve Heiffus. I had the privilege of designing the rest to complement the stunning mahogany casework. Although this is a "high-end" kitchen design, I feel there are many ideas that could be adapted to any thrifty-nifty kitchen.”

Kelee kitchen stove

Steve Heiffus's beautiful and functional Range "inglenook" is framed in limestone and features a spice niche.

Kelee Pillow

Using vintage linen placemats, Kellee added fruit images and created pillows.

Click over to Kelle’s website, The Katillac Shack to see this entire inspirational kitchen. I just knew that all of you would enjoy it as much as I did.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to re-do my kitchen re-do all over again,smile!

Lori E said...

Although it is a high end kitchen it isn't a huge kitchen. Makes those with smaller kitchens see the possible potential.
Very nice.

Kathi said...

Wow! What a great site! I'm lovin' those petticoat chair covers! Thanks for sharing this Rhoda!

Teri said...

Love that spice nook! I think those jars would be easy to recreate-how neat and tidy! I love the small cinnamon one placed on the table! AND, those little birdie egg cups-cute! The affirmations on the table are also such a thoughtful idea. Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

It looks beautiful, I'm going to visit her now.

Daisy Cottage said...

Beautiful! Love the warmth and cozy feel.. perfection!
Off to visit her now - thank you for sharing about her Rhodie!!!
Love you,
Me

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Rhoda, I'm off to visit!

Jen said...

Rhoda--I love your guest post at Katillac Shack! Thank-you--this site is lovely!

Sofia Striffler said...

Beautiful Rhoda I will definitely visit her blog. Thanks for sharing

Caroline said...

This is such a quaint and cozy kitchen, I just love it.

Evy said...

Lovely kitchen, I will definitely visit her blog! Thank you for sharing!

Kelee Katillac said...

Dear Rhoda! deeaarrrrrrr Rhoda! Thank-you for featuring this kitchen and your guest blog at The Katillac Shack! You are a blessing and inspiration.

Tami said...

Gorgeous Kitchen!! Congrats on being featured on Kelee's blog!!

Have a beautiful week!
Hugs~T

Jenny said...

Fun site!

I have an award for you at my blog:

http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/04/another-blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

That's not fair, Rhoda. You should provide bibs for these kinds of blog entries. :-)

Hope you are doing well. Maybe one day I can get back to blogging more frequently. I miss all you ladies! :-)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, love the photos and I always love a new blog to check out. Thanks! :)

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home said...

Hi Rhoda. What a charming room! Thank you for sharing these photographs with us and for telling us about Kelle's site. ~Arleen

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Ohhhhh, Rhoooo....... this is TOOOOOO WONDERFUL!!! Sorry I can't stay, sweet pal, But I just MUST run over and see MORE!!! THIS is eye candy SOOOO GOOD it's actually FATTENING just to LOOK AT!!! THANK YOU!!! YUMMMMMYYYY!!!!! Love, Linda ***

Deb said...

I'm excited to go check out her site

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Loving what I am seeing... I can't wait to check this gal out. Thanks

amy said...

I love your blog and thanks for the link to see your room. Congratulations

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Rhoda; Wow what a beautiful kitchen. Love the linen pillow. Thank you for telling us about her, I will on my way to visit..

Hugs;
Alaura

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I think "thrifty-nifty" may be my new favorite phrase. HA! :-)

And I love that little silver side table in the first photo. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I am off to visit right now! Hooray!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Those plaid curtains in the top picture are perfect! Amazing!

cotedetexas said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm off to look at it. That first picture piqued my interest!!!!

jessiev said...

Rhoda...This kind of stuff is just too much for one woman's heart to take.
My gosh...I fell in love with every single roll on the scroll of my mouse!
Just beautiful!
Thanks for the dreams.

Krimi said...

love your blog..came over form kelee's..great story there!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I really must learn how to sew! I keep seeing how fabrics can really personalize and customize a space. Thanks for sharing the link, Rho!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting on this Rhoda, I love the basket with the goodies next to the stove. I am so going to do this in my new kitchen.

I'm off to read Kelle's blog.

Debbie

Yvonne said...

Hi Rhoda - I just came from Kelee's sight and just love your's too! It's fun to get great ideas from such creative people!

Annie said...

Great kitchen!! I have to tell you that I "stole" your idea and framed my bathroom mirror just last weekend! I love how it turned out! I'm going to post pictures on my blog tomorrow and thought you'd like to see how it looks. :-)

Sarah said...

Kelee is great, I loved both of her books about Sacred Places for Kids and decorating for adults. I love the kitchen! I didn't realize she had a blog, thanks for sharing! :)