Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Dishing

You are at the right place, don't leave! You'll notice I have a new header. I had to get a new one made to accomodate Blogher ad rules, so my designer, Joanna, got it done for me. It's a little less flashy than the other one, but I think I'll grow to love it too. Homegoods

Strolling through Homegoods recently, I spotted some funky and fresh spring dishes. Aren’t these fun? I could easily be a dish-aholic if I allowed myself. I have to stick to the white ones for now or my new brown and white transferware, that’s enough of an obsession. But, I could sure drool over these too.

Homegoods2

And how about these oh-so-cute zebra ones?

Homegoods3

The soft blue and green hues look beautiful on this bird dish and I thought this platter would look stunning hanging on a wall. It’s quite large.

Homegoods4

This are just so colorful and springy.

Homegoods5

And of course, there are plenty of bunnies out there this time of year, waiting for someone to take them home for Easter. Alas, I have too many bunnies already. Good time to pick these up, since Easter is over now.

Pottery Barn

And this spring display was front and center in the Pottery Barn store. How inspiring are these colors right now, greens, yellows, and whites. Love it!

pastedGraphic1

Would you like to get involved in a worthwhile decorating project? My friend, Kelee, over at The Katillac Shack is starting a program called Design Gives Back and is encouraging our readers to get involved with a local project for a worthwhile cause. Go over and read it and if any of you would like to partner with Kelee on this, tell her you came over from Southern Hospitality. Take a look at the Habitat for Humanity house that Kelee designed, she has a video all about this colorful home. I may even be getting a local Birmingham project together that some of us could work on as a team sometime this year. Wouldn’t it be fun to help change the lives of someone in need by just sharing our creativity?!

Today will be the last chance, so don’t miss the giveaway on my Review Blog that is currently happening! It will be going on until early a.m. Wednesday and you don’t want to miss it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

40 friends stopped by:

Kelee Katillac said...

Good Morning Rho!

Thank-you to all your fans who have popped by The Katillac Shack! It would be terrific to have a TEAM: Southern Hospitality for Design Gives Back! IMAGINE:
A day of creativity together and the good feelings that come with helping someone in need. The Habitat for Humanity DIY Decorating Project is at The Kat Shack today and a fun video. Declare that you are on Rho's team at the comments board. love,kelee and thanks Rhoda you are the best.

Deserae said...

Beautiful dishes!!!! I'm not a collector either but am quite tempted at times! LOL...Your new banner is really pretty but the pop up suvery is VERY annoying!!!
~Des

Montee said...

Home Goods is my favorite!

Amanda said...

I can just imagine how people were looking at you funny for taking pictures inside a HomeGoods- it is soooooo something I would do. You have to have your camera on you at all times cuz you never know what you might see. Im headed to HomeGoods/Marshalls & TJMaxx today to find some fun stuff for my new kitchen makeover- I am sooo excited about it-hope to post pics soon. oh and thanks for the laminate tutorial because I was JUST getting ready to do a small bookcase w/doors thats laminate-perfect timing!!

Silvia said...

great pics!,i love all the dishes and bunnies,love home goods...
have a great day.
silvia.

Mandi Shandi said...

I LOVE HomeGoods, but the closest one is over an hour away. I make a trip of it when I go and spend a few hours there. That large platter may just be worth the trip!
By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

All the dishes are so pretty. I think I am near the dishaholic category, I just keep looking and drooling and finding more and more that I love. lol You found some real beauties. Hugs, Marty

Amber Schmidt said...

I could spend my life savings at Home Goods! Those polka dot and zebra dishes are to die for!

Chris said...

I am in LOVE with that first set of dishes! There's got to be some excuse to buy something that pretty, right? ;)

Tiffany said...

That bird plate is gorgeous!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I love all the dishes especially the ones with the little bird!!!
Thanks for sharing your shopping excursion with us!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

What a great idea..and habitat is so awesome. Guess what our church is doing this month....giving yard salers each $100 to go and buy as many home things as they can to donate to various non-profit/homeless/habitat type organizations. Isn't that such a great idea as well?

Anonymous said...

I like the look of your new header. True, it's not as flashy as the old one, but it is still beautiful and looks like "you". Love the bowl of acorns!

Maureen said...

Hello dear Rhoda- I too saw those dishes at HG and had to walk away! They look a lot like Paula Deen's new dishes with the polka dots! You have to stop by my blog and see the pix of my Easter Tablescape- you can see the rug you helped me find when you lived in Atlanta in the background! I still have it! Also be sure to leave your input on the post with pix of books from the show house.

Maureen said...

PS Forgot to add that I found the large square dishes used for our Easter table at Home Goods recently too. They blend right in with a set we already had!

Joanna said...

Love those dishes! The lemon tree limbs must be a hot item...They were in the latest issue of Pottery Barn as well. I even think I saw them in Hobby Lobby. I may have to get me some of those. *smiles* Zebra print...Ahh...Love it!

Sandra said...

I love all the dishes! Your header looks pretty too!
I wish we had a Home Goods nearby. I'd be there every week. lol We made a trip during spring break to Houston and went shopping at a Home Goods. I fell in love with their home decor.
Have a nice day
Sincerely,
Sandra

Arlynn said...

Fantastic finds, as usual! I am in LOVE with the platter, it's a bit remnicant of Thomaspaul, with the bird & that lovely corner flower design. Perfection.

Linda said...

Love all of theses dishes but my favorite is the first set. Love that blue and brown together.
Have a great day!
Linda

Crystal said...

Love all of those dishes,however I am limited to just two sets also. That display at Pottery Barn is right up my alley. I love all those colors and the lemons.

Enjoy your day!

Victoria Hayden said...

So I am obsessed with dishes!! I know that as some have weakness for shoes, I have a weakness for dishes!! Those are great that you showed! My favorite was the lemonade jar!! I want one of those...we need to get a Home Goods here!! Thanks Rhoda for another great post, loved it!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Susie Q said...

I WISH we had a Home Goods store...OTOH, maybe not...........

Chanda said...

I like the new header, it took way less time for your blog to load up onto my screen. Some folks put so many pictures on their side bar, tours of homes and rooms and such, that it takes forever to load up and some folks just click on by and go read the next one. Blogher knows this. Some folks with dial up or even broadband connections don't connect as fast as folks with DSL and it puts you at a real disadvantage on their end.
I guess you have to think though, am I blogging for Blogher or for me?? I will wait sometimes, if the opening title sounds like it is worth waiting on. Again, like your new header, simple and elegant.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Rhonda...girl I loved that blue and brown dishes..love you new hat you are sporting also..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Caroline said...

I really love the zebra print dishware. Its so much fun

Runner Mom said...

I like your new design, Rhoda!

I also have the bird platter in the red bird pattern that was in our Marshall's store. Mine is the large plate though, and it's perched on the top of the refrigerator!

Hugs,
Susan

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Luuuuuv the brown and blue in the first photo. Soooo pretty! :)

Julie said...

Like the new header - but hate the thing that scrolls across your blog asking me to take a survey. It is very distracting from your lovely post. Just thought you would want to know.

Helen said...

I may have to venture out today to find a few 'on sale' bunnies and assorted Easter goodies! For next year.

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Don't you just love Home Goods! I am glad to hear someone else has the same sickness I do. I could have ten sets of dishes easily. I fall in love with a new one all the time!

Unknown said...

Just popping in to say how much I enjoy your blog! Love those springy dishes..I too could buy them all..esp at Home Goods!

I will be sure to check out Kelees blogs!

Also..I tried yesterday to post on your neat before/after painting on cabinets. Great to know...have you ever restained over wood? or know of a good product that will let you w/o a lot of work? just wondering if you had come across anything.

Have a blessed day!
Lorena

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Rhoda, I'm so very proud of you. I thought you would have grabbed up those leopard dishes the way you adore leopard! Great self-control :)

Blessings,

Sher

Michelle said...

I love the polka dot ones. I still have the dishes we registered for 13 years ago. I think I need some new ones. :) I also love the oranges in the white pitcher. May have to steal that idea.

Ms. Tee said...

I love plates so much, too. Those polka dots ones are great and I love the PB store display! I think your idea of doing a project is a wonderful one. Wish I was close enough to participate with y'all. :) Have a great week!

Kathi said...

I went to Home Goods on Saturday for the first time. Good thing it's not too close to me! What IS close is the Habitat Store and Mission Possible. I'm in one/both of those places weekly. Soon they will know my name! I would LOVE to hear more about your summer project!

joyh82 said...

Very cute dishes!! I love the blue and brown colors together.

Unknown said...

Love the plates! I have never been to a Homegoods store, but think I would love it!

Anonymous said...

Your new header looks fabulous...and very classy!
Love those blue dishes with the yello and orange flowers...I think setting the table with those would make you feel rather cheerful!
Love your blog and the great things you share...you are a real inspiration to me :)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Thanks Rhoda- I haven't gone to Homegoods in so long, I needed that! I love the bird dishes with the postage stamp, cute!
~Misti

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I could easily become a dish-a-holic too. I love pretty dishes as well. Home Goods is such a fun place to shop. Have a wonderful week. Love & blessings from NC!