Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crocs and Yellow Box

IMG_4710


Wanna see two of my favorite pairs of new shoes? While attending Blissdom 09 in February, we were all treated to $50 gift certificates to spend online at Crocs (courtesy of Crocs, one of the sponsors) and I chose this yummy pair of leopard print slingbacks called Malindi. They were a little late getting out, but I finally got them in recently and I have to say, they are going to be my go-to Saturday shoes for be-bopping around. Comfortable?! Oh my gosh, yes they are. I have dissed Crocs before for being SO butt-ugly (sorry Crocs, but that’s the way I saw ‘em), but these are actually cute and I’ve gotten several compliments on them already.

IMG_4709

See?!

IMG_4707

And after seeing every woman in Birmingham with a pair of these Yellow Box flip-flops, I just had to invest in a pair. They are oh-so-comfortable too and I’m sure before long, I’ll have about 3 more pair in many more colors. They come in a rainbow of hues. Got them on sale at Belk for $19.99 and used a 10% off coupon, so they weren’t too bad. And from what I hear, they wear like iron. Can’t beat black and white polka-dots for summer!

Do you have Yellow Box flip-flops and do you love them?

I've got a special blog guest coming by tomorrow and she'll be sharing a beautiful room with all of you, so come back for that. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Today is April 15th...the dreaded Tax Day. Hubby and I are going to attend our local Tea Party this evening, are you going in YOUR city?? I might even blog about it!

The HP Wireless Printer giveaway is over and the winner has been announced. Is it you?? Go and take a look HERE.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

60 friends stopped by:

Sallie said...

I discovered Yellow Box last summer, and have two new pair already for this year. Black and white like yours, and a metallic bronze and gold sequin! Love them....and they do wear well!

Cindy said...

I have some crocs just like those in black and they are super comfortable! You will love them, gauranteed! hugs, ~cindy s~ Love your blog!!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love your new Crocs! I used my $50 to get some flip-flops. Then the ones I requested weren't in stock, so they sent me a different pair in bright pink that I'm not really crazy about. Also, they make so much noise when I walk in them--it sounds like I'm walking on plastic grocery bags. Very strange.

Now I'm wishing I had ordered the same ones you did!

Sometimes It's Good said...

I have some croc sandals that are really cute and strappy. I got them at Macy's. They're super comfortable too.

Unknown said...

I love your blog -- this is the first time I have left a comment! I wanted to let you know a GREAT way to "dress up" the flipflops! Find the LARGE covered buttons at a sewing/notions store, get coordinated fabric and have it monogrammed and then cover the button. Then, use HEAVY DUTY VELCRO and put it on the leather in the middle. I bought some Eliza B's a few years ago and paid $80 for them and the girl had just done this with the buttons! It really dresses them up and people will STOP YOU ON THE STREET to ask about them!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those crocs!!!! Just love em!

Jennifer Crawley said...

Two things ... yes, I love Yellow Box! I have several pairs and they are wonderful! Last summer when I was pregnant, it was all I wore. Second, I live in Bham -- what is the tea party? Details, please!? :)

The Blushing Hostess said...

The crocs are cute, I would love a bright solid. I do not have yellow flip flops but I do have the new floral Hunters... adorable! Be well, The Hostess

Joanna said...

Love both pairs of shoes! Don't have any Yellow Box...Never heard of them before..Normally B'ham has the trends before they come here..I am sure I will see them soon.

lucinda said...

I love Yellow Box shoes more than Chocolate.

Darlene said...

I LOVE both of those pairs of shoes!!! Now I will have to be on the hunt!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Those Crocs are so cute! I'm usually not a big fan, but I love those ones!

Lamp Tramp said...

I bought a pair of Yellow Box flip flops last summer. I've worn them daily, since. They are sooo comfy, I use them like slippers.

Mad Red Hare said...

I used to think crocs were soooo ugly too. Then I borrowed a pair of my daughter's that look like MaryJanes. They are so comfortable and I would like to have a pair like your leopard print ones. I will be on the prowl for a pair.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I have on the EXACT same pair of Yellow Box, black and white polka dot flips!! I LOVE how they feel and could wear them EVERY day!!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Confession - I had never heard of Yellow Box before but I will be on the lookout now!

I MUST have the Crocs!!

Katie said...

I don't like Crocs but those are pretty cute and I love leopard anything.

Runner Mom said...

Crocs are my favs after a long trail run! They are the most comfy shoes around, but I agree with your description of them!!! I will have to search for a pair of animal print ones! Cute!

Hugs,
Susan

akawest said...

Your cute new Crocs have me rethinking those shoes. I wear the ugly ones for gardening only.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Well these might be crocs I could love! I love the flipflops too. I usually by LL Bean flipflops, but these are so cute. I'll have to see if I can find some. I live in sandals or flipflops from the end of March to December!

I hope you blog about the tea party. I would love to hear about it from someone I know! We are working in yard and on porch today. The nearest tea party I know about is in STL and that is about a 50 mile drive for us. So I'm depending on hearing about it from others!

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

I have several pair of Yellow Box sandals. Some I keep at home and some I leave down at the Coast House. There is a little boutique that we go to at the coast and get a new pair each spring and summer. I love the little shop and I love my Yellow box sandals.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Never heard of Yellow box befroe girl..thanks for the information on them..love those flip flops..may you have a great day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Barefoot Studios Ok, LLC said...

Ohh those crocs are SASSY!! I LOVE them!!! The flip flops look comfy and the polka dots are adorable... I'm of to check out Yellow Box, I live in flip flops during the summer!

Tricia Hicks said...

I like Yellow Box flip flops, but honestly, the best are "Reef" brand. Boo Mama turned me on to them, and they are super duper comfortable. I got mine at Alvins in PCB.

Unknown said...

Yellow Box are amazing! I love the ones you chose. Those Crocs are cute, too!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have never heard of Yellow Box, but love those polka dots. The Crocs are adorable too. I wear Rainbow sandals and love them!
Love & blessings from NC!

dmoors56 said...

I also love crocs, but now yellow box is my favorite. They come inso many different styles and colors, check mine out on my blog. thanks
( moorsfamily )

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those would be the only Crocs I would consider wearing. Those are actually cute!!! :)

My family attended a local tea party today at noon--a good showing. Several hundred people. Hubby and I are driving to Richmond to attend this evening. Should be a huge turnout....

dmoors56 said...

Oh yes and I love your blog. I think i put the wrong one up its moors56.blogspot Have a great day!!

Southern Charm said...

I had no idea Crocs could be so adorable? So fashionable? Wow. They look very chic! Good pick.

Mabry's gamma said...

Rhoda,

LOVE the shoes and now that I will be moving to Birmingham as soon as the house sells, I guess I will have to get me a pair of those Yellow Box Flip Flops to be like all the other Birmingham gals, never heard of them but they look comfy.

Yes, we are going to a Tea Party tonight also, just can't decide whether to brave Atlanta traffic and baseball game or go locally.

Cheri

Amber Schmidt said...

Oh wow! Those Crocs look like I could wear them and still be standing after a 14 hour wedding! And they are so cute!

Puna said...

We went to a Tea Party today! It rained all day but it was worth it. I am definitely going to blog about it tomorrow!
And those crocs are adorable. I found you through Hooked on Houses by the way.

susan said...

My favorite Yellow Boxes are pink plaid. They are all so comfortable. My crocs are the ugly but comfortable pink ones---hmmm a pink trend?!

Crystal said...

Those crocs are just too darn cute. They definitely changed my mind about crocs. In the North we are mostly behind the trend, hopefully I can find them. Never heard of Yellow Box. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day!
thehummingbirdcottage.blogspot.com

Ivory Pearl Interiors said...

Those crocs are fabulous!

Ivory Pearl Interiors said...

Those crocs are fabulous!

Mama Freemans' cafe' said...

t he leopard crocs are terrific! I cant wait to get a pair. The crocs heel seems to be lower than the pad and really is fit well for me and I think crocs are soooo ugly but walking with no pain is great. Now there are cute ones.Thanks

Linda said...

Oh my! I love both pair of shoes a lot!!!! If I lived closer I'd remind you to lock your doors cuz you just might find me trying to snatch those right out of your house.
Blessings,
Linda

Anne N. said...

I love my YB flip flops...and wedges. You will really enjoy yours! I also have some cute Oka B slides that are cute & comfortable.

Unknown said...

I love my yellow box flip flops! They shape to the form of your foot and never wear out. Enjoy yours!

Vintagesquirrel said...

Yup, we both ordered the same Crocs from Blissdom. They are the cutest.

trash talk said...

I ran over as soon as I saw the title of your post. I am a dyed in the wool, true believer and wearer of Yellow Box. I just won't buy any other flip flop. My faves are leopard with rhinestone peace signs. I have had them 2 yrs. and it's true...they just don't wear out! I have 10 pairs AND a pair of houseshoes my husband gave me for Christmas. I adore the boxes and even gave a pair as a prize for a giveaway I did. Could we be "sole" sisters?
Debbie

Mandi Shandi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those crocs, so much so that I ordered the same ones yesterday. I already had a similar style in black and have really enjoyed them, so when I saw the animal print I had to have them. I live in SC and have way too many yellow box flip flops. So easy and quick but cute too.

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE CROCS!
I love Yellow Box too, but have also found SwitchFlops, and they are too cute! You switch the tops of the flip flops with velcro coverings...FUN!
Hope you enjoyed the Tea Party with Rick and Bubba! We live in Hoover, AL...
Love your blog!
Kim

Pam said...

Adorable crocs! I have several pairs of yellow box but have never bought a pair of crocs! I might have to now!

Betty said...

I don't have crocs or Yello Box but I do have 'Reefs' that I like.

The nearest Tea Party to us is 200 miles away but I did sent a tea bag to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. WA

I'll be looking forward to reading your blog tomorrow concerning the event....Betty

Susie Q said...

LOVE the leopard print and I'll have to look for the Yellow Box.

I was going to our Tea Party, but was stopped at the last minute by work...we do asphalt paving and want some of that stimulus money...my 'tax credit' is enough each week to buy ONE 20 oz cup of decaf coffee per week. It's going to take me forever to pay off that $70K per family....sigh. There is another one July 4th weekend...can't wait. Made a date with a friend to go. ;D As both a small business owner AND employee of another one...and don't even get me started on what the state of CO is preparing to do to a private business here.

Justabeachkat said...

I have a pair of crocs like yours, but mine are solid black...very comfy. That style is the only kind of croc I persoanlly like.

Hugs!
Kat

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I have crocs in several styles and yellow boxes too. I love them both. I have always been a birkenstock girl...but lately you will find me hanging out with the little yellow boxes....trecked all over Italy in them....and my feet never even hurt. They ROCK!

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,

I am a big fan of yellow box, they have the cutest most comfy shoes but they are hard to find here in Cincy so I am headed to South Carolina and I that is one thing I am coming home with are their sandals and my sister wants me to bring her some too. I have leopard print ones and some bling ones, only sandals I wear anymore.

Betty Jo said...

If I've ever seen shoes made for Rhoda, those Croocs would be the ones. I hate the looks of Crocs too, but those are darling. Love the Yellow Box flops, but don't have any yet. Will take a look at our Belks. ♥

Congrats to Spencer for her win. I have that very printer and it is awesome.

Nancy said...

I'm alittle late commenting.
But I LOVE Yellow Box flipflops.
They are so much more comfortable
than other flipflops and look
cuter. It was great to meet you
at the TEA party last night.
Can't wait to read your blog
about it.

Southern Savvy said...

Oh, I haven't seen those Crocs yet and now I must have them! I have always hated crocs too - that is until last year when I was in the third trimester of my pregancy - in S. FL. - in the summer (bad timing) - and my feet were swollen like balloons. I couldn't even get my feet in flip flops! The traditional crocs were the only shoes I could wear comfortably and they helped so much! Now I'm a believer!

savvycityfarmer said...

hi there friend...I've been away from my mac...doing some yardwork....I come in...pour some wine...read your last post and proceed to almost spit the wine across the keyboard...I read and read and read, formulating my comment and then see that you closed the session...ha.
May I just say....?????

.....ok...my daughter has been studying and researching Mr. president before ANYONE even heard of him. She started her warnings to us years and years ago before anyone knew his platform or his voting record.
There is a book well written called "The Case against Barak Obama". I have never before read anything so informative...may I also say that I truly believe the race issue is a crutch. Bush took the bad bad rap for 8 years...but now if some one expresses negativity he is labeled racist... I cannot even go on with this comment because that upsets me so much
...to your hubby...carry on.....much worse things have been said about many a white president!!!!
I DO understand if you chose not to publish my comment.....

I, like you never do posts such as this, but I've thot about posting a picture of this guy with the caption "How do ya like me now?"

Lindsay @ Makely said...

I wear Crocs flip flops every single day of my life, except if I have to be fancy for some reason. They are the most comfy shoes I've ever owned. Try those out, too! I have a brown pair and a black pair.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda.......I sure do have Yellow box flip flops! They are my favorite pair since they have a platform heel & they are black glittery ones.....perfect for dressing up or down. Got them in Foley, Alabama last summer. Love your new crocs & yellow box flip flops.....cute, cute! Enjoy your new shoes.......Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I've got those same Yellow Box flips and just LOVE them! And what I really love about them is they don't flip flop when you walk. :) ~ Lynn

Anonymous said...

I love those crocs!

Sharon said...

I just discovered the Yellow Box flip flops this past weekend when I saw a friend wearing them. I went yesterday and got a pair on sale from Belk. They are just like the ones in your picture. I'm going back to get some more. I love them. They are so comfortable and stylish too.