Friday, June 26, 2009

Frugal Fashion: Lime Green






Joining my friend, Jen today for Friday Frugal Fashions, since she and I are thrifty sisters and love the clothes deals.

You first saw this sweater a couple of weeks ago when Judy and I went shopping together. I wore it with a pair of lime green and white patterned capris I already had in my closet. And it pairs well with other things too....

IMG_5594

Wore this to church recently, so thought I’d show another outfit that was thrifty purchased. Each piece was $1. Yeah! Can you believe that? I found the white skirt at my neighbor’s yardsale last year at the end of the summer (the one with the consignment store), so this was the first opportunity I’ve had to wear it. It’s so pretty up close with softly dotted fabric and it’s own built-in slip. Perfect condition and looks brand new. The lime shoes I already had in my closet.

IMG_5596

With my love of lime green, the green rolled neck sweater top I found recently out yardsaling for $1. Love this color and have collected many things in it. It has a little edge detailing in white and looks great with the white skirt.

So, check out Jen's party to see what thrifty fashions other fashionistas have found recently!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

51 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! I have a few tops like that with the cowl neck. I need to bring them back out. That skirt is gorgeous!

I bought a beautiful sage green suede jacket at Goodwill for $6.00. I will look great in the fall. Have a great day! Nancy from OHIO

ursula said...

yay, Rhoda! This is the outfit that I loved! And the top pairs perfectly with the white skirt too! Oh, to have access to yard sales with such beautiful things! I know I must persevere, but sometimes all I see are old playpens and tire rims!

Becky K. said...

Great finds, Rhoda! Love the color and the price...

You look great. It was fun to see you with the camera in the mirror.

Have a great day!

The Stylish House said...

Rhoda,
You look chic enough to spend the day in Paris! It just goes to show it is all about what you select and how you put it all together.
Cathy

Mary said...

Everything always looks great on you - what wouldn't with your shape!!

I love this shade of green too - can't wear it with my hair color but like touches of it around the house - dishes, candles, and of course the potting bench on my front porch! Actually that green paint is peeling and now showing a brilliant turquoise underneath - now that's a vibrant combination! I was going to refinish it but have decided I love the look so it stays!!

Enjoy the weekend Rhoda.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

yea for joining me...hopefully, I'll send lots of people your way since only a few are daring to share their thrifty frugal finds. :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ok - you are too funny. You forgot to link up at my place, so I added you in. :)

Anonymous said...

::Whistle::

Jane@Frugal Fine Living said...

What a great top; I love the color! The skirt is pretty, too. White skirts are so versatile.

Jane

Anonymous said...

I am a lime green lover too! Most of my wardrobe is thrift and yard sales- and I love telling them the total cost of an outfit when I get compliments which is very often. You don't have to have a hundred bucks for an blouse to look like a million bucks!! I love it!

blessings
mary

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hi Rhoda! You look great in your awesome finds!! I love that color, but I have to love it from afar...LOL! People would drag me to the hospital if I came out with it on. Pale red-heads and lime green just really do not mix well. I envy the ones who can wear it like you! Jealous, jealous, jealous. I do have lots of it in my house though. I squeeze it in where I can! Have a great weekend.

~Misti

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both outfits are just gorgeous. Lime green is so pretty on you. Looks great. Hugs, Marty

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

I love your haircut! You just made me want to go yard saling. Those clothes look brand new!
I love the skirt and would pair with navy or royal blue. The green looks pretty on you though.

Wendy said...

That outfit is very flattering on you and I love the color.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I don't buy a lot of thrift store clothes. I mostly go right to the housewares. However, I did get a brand new London Fog raincoat for $6.50 last month.

Anonymous said...

I so love that skirt, it's so summery and light.

Joy Tilton said...

I have the sweater in black, think I got it at Kohls. I don't look near as cute in mine as you do :)
I am afraid of color, chosing a lot of black and white, navy and white for summer. I do love the lime and apple greens though.

Rhonda said...

Hey Rhoda,
You look fabulous! I love the green with the white skirt and adorable shoes!

I just love frugal finds! You did great! ;o)

Tracy Watier said...

Love your outfit but I keep getting distracted by those arms! I have GOT to get to the gym! A stop at the thrift store afterward would be a nice reward...

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow amazing finds! A girl after my own heart. I love thrifty finds.

Thanks for stopping by the blog and entering the give-away! Fingers crossed for you.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Wow what a great outfit, and who would know it was such a thrifty find, it looks like a million bucks.
I always love stopping by to see what you are up to.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Tracey said...

Love that outfit - and you can't beat the price!!

Joanna said...

Super cute outfits!

Kelee Katillac said...

Gosh darn it Rhoda!! Can you GET any better looking!!! LOOK ladies at THOSE arms. Mine waggle like the flag at 4th of July!

Stunning in green--thereby proving that the woman make the clothes the clothes DON'T make the woman!

love, kelee

Natalia said...

You look fabulous, Rhoda!

Frantic Home Cook said...

Dear sweet Rhoda,

Are you not aware that you put me to shame with your figure and style sense? I wish I could find a $1 outfit and rock it like you.

Sincerely,
Me

Maya said...

You look stunning..., and not only because of that fabulous sweater!

Anonymous said...

I love that color too and the shoes match so well....hey we are the same size Rhoda, so when you tire of it why not send it my way for half price LOL

Have a wonderful week-end...

Kathy :)

Richella said...

Hey sister, go sister, go sister, go sister. . . hey sister, soul sister, soul sister, soul sister. . . .

We are SOUL SISTERS. Frugal shopping AND a love of lime green? Yes, ma'am. You layer that on top of a love for Jesus, and you've got it goin' on. I think there will be a lot of green in heaven, don't you?

You look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, you look so lovely! I love the lime green! But with your cute figure you'd make anything look good!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Katie said...

Looks great, but your so pretty so anything would look good on you.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Now you girls really know how to make a 52 year old feel really good! ha-ha! All those years in the gym are finally paying off.

Maybe I should do a post about exercise, huh? :)

Karen said...

I have to chuckle at you trying to take your picture in the mirror. Good job!
And the outfit looks cool and summery!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute top, and I love that white skirt! :)

Boxcar Goods said...

what a great deal! love thrifting!!

marmielu said...

I really like that top paired with the white skirt. I would love to find a skirt like that. And, love the price, too!
Mary Lou

The Blushing Hostess said...

I love a citrine-y green anyday. Though I have to confess to not being the least bit frugal about it!

Runner Mom said...

I LOVE that color! You find the greatest deals!! Tomorrow, while you are out finding MORE great deals, I'm running with a group of friends. By the time I get cleaned up, all of the "good stuff" is gone! But, I'll just enjoy your neat things!! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Susan

grannyann said...

What an attractive outfit. you really got a bargain with those two things.

Sandra said...

Wow! What a pretty outfit! I love the skirt, especially! You look all decked out and ready to hit the town! :)
Blessings,
Sandra

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Just working on my thrifty post for monday and checking to see that my link worked, but there you are wearing your cute outfit so I had to say "Well done."

Unknown said...

I love a great deal...you sure got yourself some pretty ones!

Nancy

Restoration House Interiors said...

Daaahhhhling, you look faaaabulous!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

You do know that many of us (who love you most of the time) are gritting our teeth at how beautiful you look.

My figure wasn't that good BEFORE my daughter was born (and she's 32).

NicNacManiac said...

You are a true southern belle. Gorgeous in your lovely green and white ensemble...you make everything look like it was made for you!!
Great finds!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

Anonymous said...

I also love thrifting, so i know i will enjoy your blog. i am glad to have discovered it and will be back.

Susie Q said...

Oh that is a great color on you! You said lime green shoes and I thought, surely we don't have the same pair of lime green shoes...no, but they are both cute.

Unknown said...

I love that outfit! So soft and summery!

SMccracken said...

just darling! now i have a random question - is that rug on your landing monogrammed with an initial? where did you find that?? it would be PERFECT in my house! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

HI, SM Cracken, I sure hope you come back to see this, cause I have no way to get in touch with you. I won that rug in a blog giveaway & chose that combo. You can get them from Darlene at Our Creative Life. She & her hubby have a custom rug business:

http://creativecarpetdesign.com/index.html

SMccracken said...

Thanks a Million!!