Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Weekly Deals

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in your life! I wished my Dad Happy Father's Day greetings on the phone and will be seeing him in person real soon, just in time for his birthday in July.

IMG_5633

This weeks finds range from the “practical” to the “I just really want that” category. I’m sure all you garage sale shoppers understand that perfectly, right?!

I hit a small neighborhood sale near my house and found a few things there. First up is one of those outdoor plastic boxes. I have been wanting one of these to store my swing and chair cushions under the deck, so I don’t have to keep dragging them back and forth from the garage every time I want to sit out there. This way, they will be high and dry in the box and out of the weather until I need them. The light weight planter came from the same sale (and looks better than this pic shows) and I got both for $15. A really good deal, I thought. Those big boxes retail new for about $50-60 and I wasn’t about to pay that.

IMG_5637

In another neighborhood, I found this cute little green and white plate for $1. Don’t know what I’ll do with it yet, but it was too cute to pass up. It’s marked Japan ironstone on the back.

IMG_5638

This pair of iron candleholders was $2, they’re really heavy and I love fleur de lis. Where will they go? I haven't a clue yet.

IMG_5639

And they have a cute little crystal on the ends.

IMG_5640

Only one clothing item this week, this cute little lime and brown top from NY & Co. was $1 and perfect for summer and I wore it to church this morning with a chocolate brown skirt.

IMG_5636

Then I went down to Homewood to a sale that sounded really fun. He was selling out a store with lots of goodies, old and new. I found the above 3 things for $5 there, which I was happy with. Those are really old blue Ball quart jars. And I just loved the aqua vase too. I've managed to find quite a few pieces of aqua pottery since I decided to add that color to my palette. Now, on to the really fun find....

IMG_5641

One of my readers emailed me about an estate sale and I went back for this set of silverplate flatware after seeing it on Friday. It’s Rogers King James pattern (which I found out is not made anymore) and I got it for $100. It’s a really nice set and I will treasure it forever. I’ve always admired this pattern and used to have a pattern similar from Macy’s. I’ll continue to use my other stainless everyday and this will be for special occasions and at 16 place settings, a very nice find.

IMG_5642

I have always loved the shell pattern. So, this is the “I just really want that” find, did you figure that out yet?!

IMG_5645

This is a classic and I’ll enjoy it for years to come. These pics aren't the greatest, but you get the idea how pretty they are.

So, how did YOU do this week? You all know how to play by now, so please add your “permalink” to Mr. Linky, linking back to YOUR thrifty post this week. And please play fair and let your readers know about the party by linking back to THIS post from your blog, please! Thank you for participating and let the party begin.



Todays Thrifty Treasures Participants
1. ellen b
2. Olive Rue
3. Linda @Nina's Nest
4. A Beach Cottage - Thrifty Beach Decorating Tips
5. Stephanie @ A Fine House
6. Joan@anythinggoeshere:clock faces
7. The Shabby Chic Cottage
8. Queen of Fifty Cents
9. Pat@Back Porch Musings
10. Kammy-Small Home in the Country
11. Victoria & Christina
12. Amy Lynne
13. Teri
14. Blue Creek Home
15. Chanda
16. Cathy @ The Stylish House
17. Ashley @ AshleysBusy
18. Arlene @ For the Love of It
19. Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking
20. Melissa @ Huckleberry Prairie
21. Nissa @ Sweet Paisley
22. Tina @ Enchanted Rose Studio
23. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
24. Amanda @ Serenity Now (Salvation Army Steals!)
25. Kathi
26. Paula @ Sweet Pea
27. chris @ free range furnishings
28. Debbie @Everday Blessings
29. Suzanne in TX
30. Michelle@HouseToHome
31. Jackie @ Msjackiesjunque
32. Paulsbride - vintage gift wrap
33. Grannyann-More weekend treasures
34. Toni
35. Jennifer @ chester and donkey
36. Rhonda @ A Home With A Smile
37. Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss
38. MelanieElissa
39. Bonnie
40. Shery
41. Gwen @ Murphy Grace Home
42. Paige @ Paige's Place
43. Maggie Elizabeth
44. Christy @ Embellished Bayou
45. JenGlamGirl
46. Lorna~Lace and Ivy Cottage~
47. Our Nifty Notebook
48. Chandy
49. Patricia@ In My Free Time
50. Katrina in Cali
51. Kristen@More Than the Mulberries
52. Southernseven
53. worldgazing (pitchers, door decoration and lamp, enjoy)!
54. Kim @ Starshine Chic
55. Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle
56. Terry @ Cherished Treasures
57. Mary Lou @Marmielu's Nest
58. Vanessa
59. Sue@sullivan&murphy
60. Chris at Yardsalequeen
61. Reid -a fellow GRITS
62. Katie @ Clean and Classic Interiors
63. Kelli@Joy
64. Monica
65. Nichole @ Abounding Blessings
66. Pammie Jo
67. Amanda-TheEckLife
68. Annabella@ThriftyAnnabella
69. Linda@ Desires of the Heart
70. adrienne @ lots of love
71. Designs on 47th Street
72. Gina @ Painter's Place
73. Beverly @ The Buzz
74. Kara (Rescue Mission!)
75. Tana@ Crafting R&R
76. Kristen @ KLynne Designs
77. Christie
78. Kimm at Reinvented
79. Caro's Curbside Finds
80. The How-To Gal
81. Junk Mammas
82. Caroline@Forever Vintage
83. Debbie @ Simply Cherished
84. Michelle @ Dei Gratia
85. Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training
86. Pam @ Mayhew Mayhem
87. Sasha K.
88. Jenifir
89. Gina @ Moneywise Moms
90. Myra @ Happy Housewife Living Life
91. Cheryl
92. Kate at Centsational Girl
93. Tammy
94. Hudson Goods

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

80 friends stopped by:

ellen b said...

Whoa! That silverplate is just wonderful and what a great price! Love it! I really like the iron candle holders. The outdoor box will be great to use. Love the blue vase...
Have a great week and thanks for hosting this fun weekly carnival...

Anonymous said...

Well I was almost #1. Lol. Love your finds Rhoda as always. I hope you had a good weekend.

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

Ohh....I LOVE finding storage at yardsales!

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to tell you I love those ball jars.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Rhoda, can I hire you to garage sale for me one weekend? :) You really do have the eye - great finds! That silverplate for 16 is beautiful and a great buy! Well done! Linda

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Ok, happy sunday. I'm linked and happy. Cute stuff you found.

Stephanie said...

I love the iron candleholders. And the flatware - what a great find! I always love all of your finds Rhoda!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful finds, Rhoda! I love the silverplate, especially!

We had great luck at the sales, Friday. I had already scheduled my thrifty/met monday post, so will write about our Friday finds, while we're at the lake and publish next week.

Victoria said...

Love the jars and aqua vase!!! Beautiful pieces.

Also, loving the storage box. Don't you just love to find practical pieces at bargain prices???

Amy Lynne said...

Great finds as always!

John said...

My first Mr. Linky Party! Thank you for hosting. I love seeing all the treasures.

Teri

Blue Creek Home said...

Rhoda, You always find such pretty things and at great prices. You are truly fabulously frugal. Love the silver plate

Rhonda

Keely said...

The flatware is beautiful. I'm not usually a garage sale person, but all your great finds make me want to start some weekend shopping.

Chanda said...

Those are great finds! That deck box was a awesome deal!

Kammy said...

So very nice !
I love how you shop for the home and also for clothes ! That is some shopping....I just adore that flatware...I need to invest in some too....Looks like you got some stuff you needed and some stuff to figure out , LOL !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Hi Rhoda, great finds. I really like the blue vase, it looks like it has eyes and a really big round nose...I have a vivid imagination. :)

The Stylish House said...

Rhoda,
I am in love with your new silverplate set and the lovely box to hold it. I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come. It is such a pretty pattern and so elegant. It looks like you found several nice things and had a good week. Cathy

Allison said...

Great finds! Love the vase and silverware.

Nissa said...

Love the candleholders and the blue glass jars--great finds this week!

John said...

Rhoda, I'm sorry. I fixed it on my blog. I will do better next time!

Teri

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wow, Rhoda! As usual, I am impressed by your finds. I ended up just stopping at Salvation Army this weekend b/c the weather was so bad here in the 'Burg. Found a couple things, but nothing like what you scored! ;)

The flatware set is gorgeous--a real treasure! I love the aqua vase, and the plastic box is a good, sensible buy. :)

Thanks for hosting yet again! :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Once again, you found great stuff! I love your new flatware. I just pulled some jars like yours out of my storage area to fill with shells for summer. Enjoy your new things!

Laryssa Herbert said...

When I find dishes that are too cute to pass up, I'll buy them and use them as serving dishes. I get to enjoy some cute patterns without buying a whole set of dishes...which I don't have room for!

Kathi said...

Thanks for hosting this event! I look forward every week to see what everyone has found. I'm trying not to shop but am just looking! Look what I found in someone's trash! FREE!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

That plate is so cute! I have that plastic outdoor trunk and it really comes in handy for storing those outdoor cushions - so great find!Love your new silverware!
Manuela

Suzanne in TX said...

I absolutely LOVE the silverplate set! That will become an heirloom for your family, I'm sure. And that green checked plate, well green is my favorite color...Lucky you with such great "finds".

Ms Jackie's Junque said...

I love the flatware and the candleholders. Shoot! I love everything! Wonderful finds. Thanks for hosting.

Jessica Morris said...

Beautiful silverware! How special and fun that will be to pull out and use! :)

Susie Q said...

Those candle holders would look so cute out on your outdoor sitting area.

Anna said...

that was a great deal for the outdoor storage box!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great finds - especially on the silverware. i did not go to sales this weekend. It was just to hot.
Glenda

Every Day Blessings said...

Rhoda, I love the blue vase. It is adorable. I also love the storage box for your pillows. I have the same problem having to go in to the garage to get mine. Anyway, I posted about my daughters new room with garage sale finds from a couple of weeks. I hope that I did it right. Thanks for letting us all join.

Rhonda said...

the silver is beautiful - what a classic pattern that really suits your style

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary :) Love the flatware and what a great price! I picked up a candle sconce with the fleur de lis design on it also this week. Seeing those vintage Ball jars makes me want to find mine and put them out :)
Toni

Bonnie said...

Thanks for hosting Thrifty Treasures. I just started by first blog so I could play along!

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

You always find such wonderful bargains but the flatware has got to be the deal of the century! Love it!

PS. Happy belated anniversary! You are still practically newlyweds. :)

Unknown said...

What fabulous finds! I love the silverware, so pretty and great price! The hooks are great! I love the addition of the crystal drop. That top is darling! You rocked it!

Thanks for hosting this fun event each week!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Tina

Kelee Katillac said...

love the checked plate and the aqua pot!

Gwen said...

I covet that silver!

I added my post, if I did something wrong please let me know. I am so excited that I may have missed something!

Thank you Rhoda!

Embellished Bayou said...

That silver is fabulous, but the Fleur De Lis sconces are my fave!!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful silver set! I also love the scones with the little crystal at the bottom, how cute!

Rose said...

Oh Rhoda, use the candles on the patio wall, that would be too cute!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

All such great finds it's hard to pick a favorite. I just love silver, and I'm sure your silverware will be loved and used by you for years to come.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good going on all of your finds, Rhoda! I thought about you because I went thrifting one day last week. Wish you had been here to go with me!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kristen said...

I have a silverplate set my grandmother gave me very similar to that - I've always wondered what it might be worth. Great finds as always!

LV said...

You found some really great buys. We all are guilty of buying things we do not always actually need, but in time you will find a use for everything. I loved your post.

Anonymous said...

THank you for having this party. Its so fun to see everyone's finds! Love your new silverware!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, it is easy to find silverplate for 16 for $100?
Ann

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend shopping! Such wonderful finds...especially the silverware. I love silverware and you can never have enough. The Ball jars are great too. I found some not too long ago at my hubby's family home. They are attractive.

Have a beautiful Monday,
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

marmielu said...

My, you've got some treasures this time! That is a good idea about the box to keep the cushions in. I must remember that.
I love those candle holders, and that silverplate is a special treat, I am sure. Well done!
Mary Lou

Sue said...

Rhoda, love the sconces and the plate... You are definitely the queen of yard sales- everything you got was a find! Thanks again for hosting. :-) Sue

Paige said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been wanting a deck box, I need something to store all my daughter's outside stuff in. Great find!!

grannyann said...

I want one of those boxes. Everytime I see one, it has a sold sign on it. Maybe one day. You got some neat things.

Reid said...

What great finds!!! Love the plate and the blue vase! And course the silver is great!!!

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Rhoda, I'm joining your Thrifty Treasures for the first time. I sure enjoy seeing what everyone finds! Junking is just the most fun a girl can have I think! You found some really cool stuff. The candle holders were neat and what a buy on the storage thing for your deck! Beautiful silverplate!! Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

Adrienne said...

great finds for you and me this week! i especially like your outdoor box and could use one myself for our pool toys.

Designs on 47th Street said...

My goodness, you have outdone yourself AGAIN! Love your finds. Of course I am so partial to silver, that I'm sure that would be my favorite.

You got a tremendous deal with that outdoor patio box and container! What fun to finds these bargains, isn't it??

Donna

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Rhoda,
Great finds, I have the tea cup and saucer in the green checker pattern. The cup is so cute and is shaped the same as the saucer. I have many stray saucers that I have been collecting for years, and how I use them is for a spoon rest by the teapot and coffee pot. Also I use them by the stove to rest the spoon on instead of the counter while cooking.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Love the outdoor storage box. I could use one, too. We have to get our cushions from the shed at the back of the yard every time we want them. And the candleholders are great! Ya done good!

Anonymous said...

I have an outdoor storage box that my boys put toys in. Never thought of putting cushions in it, what a dunce I am!

I love the candleholders and the silverware. Great finds!!!

the undomesticated wife said...

Only made it to one sale this weekend, and all I got was a silver necklace and matching earrings. Nothing noteworthy.

Those candlesticks would be great on the patio!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

K Lynne Designs said...

That silver flatware set is gorgeous - what a wonderful find!!! :)

Richella Parham said...

Oh, good for you, Rhoda! That silver is beautiful--and you can't go wrong with a classic shell pattern like that. All of that for $100?? Way to go!

By the way, I love the green and brown top. Thanks for throwing in the little treasures along with the big ones!

Christie said...

I love that aqua vase!

Kelli said...

Love, love it all!! Especially the blue vase! Thanks for letting us party with you!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love all your finds. We went to a flea market a couple hours away and saw a lot of fun stuff. They had more new things than old but there were a few booths with old antique stuff. I love an eclectic look any way so I love mixing old and new.

Junk Mammas said...

Thanks for hosting the party again! It is always fun to see what others found.

Julie said...

Very nice find INDEED!!!!

Pam said...

WOW, that flatware is absolutely gorgeous!! I need to pull my grandmother's out and start using hers.

Jessica said...

Great finds....I'm in love with that silver. :)

Signing Out said...

Love it all, especially the fleur de lis candle sconces and the flatware set! Great finds!

Jennifer said...

You got a super deal on the flatware! Very nice! In this month's Paula Deen mag, she shows a Fourth of July tablescape featuring blue Ball mason jars, just like the ones you found, as votive holders. She fills them partially with sand and inserts the votives in the sand and ties a pretty ribbon around the jar. Great finds, Rhoda!

Jenifir said...

I love the blue ball jars and especially the aqua vase. Thanks for letting us share our finds because it makes it more fun.

Mary said...

I was away for the weekend so I didn't have the chance to go yard saleing but love your finds, especially that silverware! Great classic style.

Kate Riley said...

Oh my, I am swooning, head over heels in love with your silver set. I am SO in need of a beautiful set just like that!

Fabulous and timeless.

Charmaine said...

I love junking! You found some fabulous things! I really love the blue vase!

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Rhoda - I love all of your thrifty finds this week, especially that green plate! Hope you have a great week~ :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey Rhoda,
I love all your finds and wanted you to know I did a link to your blog yesterday.
Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Hudson Goods said...

Rhoda, saw your pic of the Ball jars, you will get a kick out of my most recent post!