Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuna Melt

You've probably all done this one before, but it has become one of my favorite quick and easy little lunch items.


Toasted English muffin (I put it under the broiler & flip first to toast both sides)

Mix up one can albacore tuna with a little mayo, celery and almonds

Pile on top of each muffin

Add a little shredded cheddar cheese

Broil in oven for a couple of minutes.


Cheesy wonderfulness is what you have there. Add a salad and it's a quick and easy lunch.

Added to Jen's Tasty Tuesday.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

32 friends stopped by:

Mary said...

I have never, ever had a tuna melt but if you say it's good I'll have to try it!

ch said...

I ate this almost everyday when I was pregnant with both of my children. Haven't craved it since, until now:)
Thank you:)
Have a great day!
Cindy
www.chalkaboutit.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That looks delish! I have never had a tuna melt (blushing). I need to get a toaster oven first, I guess. ;) More stuff on my countertops....

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hi Rhoda, I have never tried this recipe. I lvoe though! I will try sometime! Thanks! Vanessa

Dawn said...

Tuna Melts are one of my favorites. Come to think of it, anything with melted cheese is one of my favorites!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

My favorite lunch!!!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It looks yummy! I am always looking for quick lunch ideas...thanks for this one!
~Patti

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Tuna melts are a lunch staple in my home. However, I've never put almonds in them. I bet that would be quite delish! I'll have to try it soon. Thanks for the tip :).

kahlanne said...

This looks delish! I meant to send you an email thanking you for the advice on the lighting. I have decided to go with four individual lights, the one you chose I believe. You are always such an inspiration and kind to help. Thanks so much!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I like quick, and this looks good. Thanks, Rhoda!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Becky K. said...

I love to make these for a quick and easy summer dinner. I have to skip the almonds for love of my husband. I'll bet that makes them even better.

Now I'll have to make this soon.
:-)

Tracey said...

Mmmm...looks good, and a lot quicker way than I make my tuna melts. Makes me go "why didn't I think of that?"

Joanna said...

We love tuna...never had a tuna melt, we'll have to try this.

Patricia said...

almonds sound yummy in tuna
I may have to do that!

Unknown said...

Looks delicous.

Anonymous said...

Morning to ya Miss Rhoda! The chairs are white but are still in need of a few more coats...yikes! They sure do love to soak up the paint. I so want to do up something big and bold but I also want to allow myself the option to move them around. I know myself well and I just would not be happy if they would only work in one room. So I guess I will take the easy route and go simple. You had me drooling at the thought of zebra. I know how you love that zebra! I can remember when we first met and you had that on your page. You took so much of your sweet time to try and help me copy and past it to mine. That seems like years ago doesnt it. The friendships I have made here are just as important to me as the ones here at home. Thanks for being such a dear. Look forward to many more fun times.

Jen said...

I became a fan of tuna melts during my last pregnancy and had a major craving. I always used rye bread, but English muffins look yummy.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow that looks so yummy. I've never thought to put almonds in my tuna melt. I must give it a try!

Lauren said...

LOOKS SO GOOD!!! need to make it!!
xoxo

marie said...

Sounds perfect! Love the addition of almonds ~ thanks for sharing.

grannyann said...

Sure sounds good. Will have to try it. Thanks

Kelli said...

Looks delicious and has made me hungry even though I just left the table!!!!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Glad you enjoy a good tuna melt! I prefer non-melted tuna sandwiches myself; something unappealing to me about the oiliness of the melted cheese oozing over my delicious tuna salad (tuna, mayo, celery, dill, lemon juice, pepper for me - gonna try the almonds!). Just a personal preference!

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I love tuna melts-just as you have made, but never added almonds. I will certainly try next time. Which, after seeing your posted photo, will be very soon!
~Nancy

Maureen said...

One of my most favorite lunches... I have to try the almonds!

Anonymous said...

What a yummy quick lunch, I will have to try it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

How could I have forgotten about the good ole fashioned tuna and on an English Muffin? Yum!

Gwynie Pie said...

I have never in all my 57 years eaten a Tuna Melt. It looks delish however, and I intend to make it for dinner one night this week.

Thanks for your wonderful blog. Good stuff !!!! :)

Gwyn Rosser @
The Pink Tractor
http://www.gwynrosser.blogspot.com/

Signing Out said...

These look great! I haven't had a tuna melt in ages! I guess it's time to make some.

Jane

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hey Rhoda, Thanks for coming by and giving me a hint or two about Live Writer. I'd really like to get better with it so blogging would get easier/faster for me! I'll keep trying it.

I love cold tuna, but never really thought I liked it hot, but this melt really does look good. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sorry but tuna melts gross me out, too much like catfood, yuck

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda
Tuna melts were on of my kids favorite foods growing up! I haven't made them in ages. Thanks for reminding me about a good old standby.
((hugs)) Rhondi