Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Projects for 2008 Party

Top 10

The Top 10 Projects for 2008 party is official! Get your thinking caps on and prepare your posts for Wednesday, January 7th for a Mr. Linky party and we will all share our favorite Before and After projects of 2008. This will no doubt get the inspiration rolling for the coming New Year and you may spot something that just has to go on your to-do list. There’s nothing like looking back at what you’ve accomplished to get geared up for more exciting things to come. If you are planning to participate, just post the button on your blog and link back to this post, so your readers can be in the know too.

So, how about it? Do you have some projects to share? It can be 10 or 5 or even just 1. Think about it and come back next week on January 7th all ready to share. I was busy last year and had to whittle mine down to the Top 10. Please take the button with you and spread the word on your blogs too! The more the merrier, I always say!

Have you heard about Blissdom '09 and are any of you going? It's a blogging conference in Nashville, TN and I will be there! I'd love for more Birmingham girls to go too, so let me know if you are interested. Click on the button to find out all the details! I think they are limiting attendance to 250 and there are going to be some fun speakers and lots of discussions about blogging going on. It will be a lot of fun, I'm sure! Conference tickets are $100 until Dec. 31st, so keep that in mind too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 friends stopped by:

Nadine said...

Hi Rhoda -

I wanted to let you know you won a copy of my book on my giveaway. Thank you for playing along.

I won't be receiving my copies for another 2-3 weeks and will mail it out to you as soon as I receive it.

Blessings,
Nadine

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh - can I finish some of those projects I started but haven't quite finished in one week? I think I can, I think I can. :)
And personally, I am hoping those Birmingham gals don't come so you can be our roomie. :)Selfish, I know.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

wonderful idea! Most of my projects are still in progress.... but I will see if I can find before pictures and I can do a before/in progress post!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... a blogging conference in my own backyard?

The Berry's Patch said...

I just posted my favorites today. I'll just update on Wednesday. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday Rhoda. :-)

Terri Steffes said...

I don't have any projects to post but I will be visiting all of you and getting ideas for 2009!

Unknown said...

Yep-- I will be BLISSful right along with ya! Since I only live about an hour away, I'm just gonna go back and forth. We should totally hook up for lunch!

Natalie said...

Rhoda ~

I can't figure out how to post the button on my blog!! HELP!!

Natalie

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Sounds like fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda

I think I have something in mind. Will do a scheduled post for next week, so I won't forget. I'll take the button.

We bought paint for our first redo of 2009, today. Also hit some after Christmas sales and found more mercury glass things, plus some blue for the dining room.

Would love to go to Nashville. A great place anytime, but extra special for this event. Can't make it though.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhoda, afraid I won't be going. I don't do conferences anymore if I can help it. Do I sound like Scrooge? LOL! I went to 17 conferences for a volunteer group I used to belong to, and I thought after all of that, no more! ;-) But this does sound like a lot of fun. That other was fun, too, but it was a lot of travel. I don't do airplanes anymore due to an ear issue, and I'm afraid I'd get snowed in or worse, iced in... and you know Floridians are clueless about how to drive in ice and snow. LOL! So I will live vicariously through you.

The only design project I did this year which I photographed was my Christmas tree! I can show the wreck of stuff before and the plethora of ornaments after of my tree. Would that work? Do you think people are sick of seeing trees? ;-) That's about all I have, Rho, I'm trying! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun Rhoda !!!

Happy New Year,
Kathy :)

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hi Rhoda,
The Projects party sound like a lot of fun. I can't wait to be inspired by all of your creativity! I wanted to thank you for the very complimentary comments you made to my site recently! I really appreciate your encouragement. I participated in Susan's - Between Naps on the Porch - Tablescape Tuesday today and met a lot of fellow bloggers. I will be happy to participate in the projects party and link back to you. See you soon!

The Charm House said...

Rhoda, This sounds like so much fun... Can't wait to see what everyone has accomplished!
Hugs and Blessings,
Yvette from GA

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhh I have a Before and After tab over at my place so I am SET!! I want to go to the conference so bad, but the drive would be a little long and I'm trying to avoid a plane ticket!! :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

sounds like a grand idea! I have to think on it...well I did sorta re-do the kitchen early in the year...would that count?

Anonymous said...

hi Rhoda

just popping to wish you a Happy New Year and thanks for all the friendship & especially your lovely welcome to me in blogland, here's to another year of friends across the oceans

love

Sarah

Anonymous said...

p.s. and meant to say I'm in for the before and after tour, my very favourite bit of blogland is the before and afters...

S

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I'm charging up my camera batteries to shoot my afters (or, sort of afters :-) this weekend. Great idea! See you at the online party.

hugs from the shore house -
Laura

Justabeachkat said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Ours certainly was. Thank you Lord. Happy New Year! I wish for you a blessed 2009.

Hugs!
Kat

Barbara said...

Hi Rhoda, I am seriously thinking of attending the conference. Checking plane reservations, etc.
Don't have any before and afters, but will be anxious to see all of the ones entered.
Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Happy New Year Rhoda! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for 09!
Enjoy the conference, I'm sure it will be great to meet all the other bloggers!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Rhonda...may you have a safe and blessed year to come...hugs and smiles Gloria

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
So glad to have met you this past year through your blog. Yours was one of the first blogs I visited daily, and I have to say you've inspired me in lots of ways with your creative ideas and your sweet spirit!

I would love to be part of your blog party!

The conference sounds like lots of fun....will look forward to hearing all about it!

Happy New Year!

Diane

Cindy said...

I'll join in! I can't even remember what I did this year vs. last year but it's all on my blog so I'll figure it out!

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

I have already done a before and after post of our lake house that I will be sharing for your party! I would also like to invite you and your readers to visit my nest during January for organizing ideas and tips!

Blogger said...

Hi Rhoda,

I will be there and I am posting your party box on my blog right now...I also posted about your party on facebook :)

Bella

Rose - Watching Waves said...

What a great idea! It will be such fun to see everyone's projects!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Mmmm...I don't think I really did any before and after type projects last year? I'll have to look through my old pictures to see (one of the downsides of starting the new blog is I don't have any old posts). But I'll check and if I can find something I'll play along.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda!
Yes I found a few before and after photos...is this the correct place to say I will join in the fun on Wednesday?

www.kayellen.typepad.com
See you then!

Smiles,
Kay

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Rhoda,
I had promised folks I'd finally post for Wednesday, pics of my screened in porch. But I can play along too with your top 10 since this was the biggest project I did in 2008. :-) I'll see if I can round up a before pic, too.
Susan

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Rhoda ...

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to host your "Top Projects" Party. I'm looking forward to participating and will include the button in my post.

Blissdom '09 sounds like fun and I'll look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Sincerely,

Janie

bj said...

Oh, dear...i just found this today and i want to play so bad...i will work all night long, if i have to...so, i post on Wed., then, come over and link up? I'll be here....
Can't wait to see all the projects done....
hugs, bj