Friday, February 9, 2007

It's time for a change....


This old china cabinet was found at an antiques market in Atlanta & was pretty beat-up, however, we saw the potential and made it into something nice and useful. I first made this over 5 years ago to go with my then newly redone bedroom. It's been a great piece in the bedroom for an entertainment center and has served me well. But, like all things...it's time for a change & I just know it will look so much better when I change the color & make it fit in with the blues & golds in our Master Bedroom. So, stay tuned for the changes. I'm working on it now & hopefully it will be done in a few days. I still don't have all the details figured out & exactly what I want to do, but I think I have a plan!

The first version is above right & I was so proud of this one. This was one of my first attempts to paint & decorate a piece of furniture & this one was so much fun to do...as much as I have enjoyed it, I think the new redo will be fun too!

Here it is in progress...luckily my neighbors had a hand sander, so that is helping tremendously with getting off all the old wallpaper. I don't think I want to do that again. This time it will be all paint, I think!




Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 friends stopped by:

jillsywillsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me your link...now added to my favorites, how could it not be your home is beautiful home and I've found a sister thrifter! Can't wait to see what you do with the cabinet, it is so much fun to re-invent.

Maureen said...

I have no doubt that this will be a gorgeous piece once you've worked your magic! It has such great lines to begin with! Good eye! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda! Wonderful to meet you! I'm finally finding some time to tinker on the computer. This is a gorgeous piece of furniture..but a redo is so in order...can't wait to see it finished! I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
I remember when you shared pix of this piece a few years ago. I wanted to do the same thing, but never did. I'm excited about this new project. You're so good at this.

Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda.......Just dropped by to see what you are up to. I see you are working away on that armoire piece which is already pretty but I know you have a grand idea on reinventing it. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve. We do need change sometime & that is the fun of decorating , isn't it? I will stay tuned to see how this turns out......have a great weekend!
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I know you will turn this once again into a NEW beautiful piece when you are done creating it. You always amaze me with your talent in redoing furniture ~ never a disappointment!
xo,
Kim

Jen Kershner said...

Rhoda- I look forward to seeing the reincarnation of your piece. I'm happy you started a blog too.
-Jen