Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bunnies and Spring....

After seeing some lovely spring displays around (and especially with bunnies!), I sucumbed this year & did a display on the foyer table...ode to the bunnies. I mean, I have all those bunnies, so why not use them this time of year, right?? I have a definite bunny obsession & love the little critters. They've made themselves at home here at our house & my hubby puts up with them for my sake, LOL. It only seems fitting that they get a place front & center this time of year, so hope you enjoy my spring array too! I fiddled & putzed with it long enough, so I'm done. Picked up the creamy ironstone vase yesterday at Goodwill ($4) & it makes a great display for the fresh tulips, which I got this a.m. from Walmart (not my favorite place to shop, by the way). The only thing I bought for this is the nest & eggs, found that at Steinmart for $5.99. So, there you have it!






Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 friends stopped by:

Betty said...

Rhoda,

Your collection of Easter things is beautiful. I'm a bunny lover, also birds, birdnests, eggs, whatever goes along with it.....

You are right, I neglected to mention the location of the hotel. I did in an earlier post and when I continued I didn't mention it. It's Tallasee, Alabama. Very interesting little town with several antique and collectible shops.

Betty said...

Correctly spelled it's Tallassee, Alabama............

Southern Heart said...

How lovely, and what a great celebration of spring and Easter! You have such a wonderful collection, and the eye for making a beautiful display, too. The bunnies have taken over here, too...both inside, and outside...

Thanks for sharing your collection. I always enjoy your photos so much.

Fondly, Andrea

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What a delightful spring display! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda, your display looks lovely. You have such a great eye! I particularly like the green checkerboard tin next to the black and white check plate. Oh and I want that cloche! LOL I've got to check TJ Maxx again.

Manuela

Betty said...

Rhoda,
Sorry for taking up so much of your space today, but indeed it is a small world.

That's wonderful that your husband is familiar with the hotel and knew the previous owners. We ate there a couple of years ago when the previous owners owned it. I'm not sure if the lady we met there was the owner but she was very congenial.

PAT said...

Happy Spring, Rhoda!

I love all your bunnies!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Not sure if I've commented here before, but I've been lurking for a few weeks now. You have such a beautiful home and I just love the pics of your decorating projects. Your home is so classy and Southern...I love it. Keep taking and posting those fun pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda what a beautiful display of your bunnies. Such a nice welcome to your lovely home. I have got to get out to TJ Max. You definitly know where to shop because your things are so lovely. I know what you mean about Walmart. Thanks for the eye candy this morning it was delightful. Happy Decorating, Nicole Cedar Creek TX

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Nicole, thanks so much for stopping by & leaving me a message! I love to hear from new people..you never know who is out there looking, so I really appreciate it when ya'll post & let me know you are enjoying my blog! Please stop by often

Rhoda

Tonja said...

Hi Rhoda, I just found your blog yesterday. I'm an Alabama girl, too...but further south...Dothan. My husband and I went to Samford as did my son who is still in grad school there. Love the city. You have a beautiful blog. I loved your bunny display. One of the things I most enjoy doing in decorating is tablescapes. And I try to change with all the seasons. Do you ever shop at Homegoods? I also try to make a stop there when I am in B'ham. I invite you to come for a visit to my blog, Gatherings. Nice to meet you.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Rhoda, your display of spring treasures is just beautiful...it looks as though it is a display in a cozy little shop. You are very talented...I really enjoyed your pictures!

Tracey said...

LOVE your bunnies and the tablescape is beautiful! I found my way over here from Tonja's blog (Gatherings) and realized we are neighbors! I live in Montgomery currently, but used to live in Georgia before we moved here.

I checked out all your photos. You really have a knack for decorating! Also, I loved the table you did for the Ladies event at your church. Our church in Jonesboro, GA (First Baptist) used to do that for all our ladies events and I loved being the table hostess! Which church do you attend?

Glad to make a new friend...I'd like to add you to my blog links so I'll remember to check back often!

Betty said...

Rhoda,

Here I am again! Thanks for the visit.

Tomorrow I'm going to Macon and on to Madison, our daughter and family live there, and I will be looking for a cloche.......

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oh Bunny Madness is what we call this time of year isn't it? It's so wonderful to have an excuse to get them all out and displayed. I always have a ball seeing what you do with yours. I need to take some pictures; I keep forgetting about it. And there are a few bunnies in the house! Lovely to see yours in new arrangements!
Donna

CG said...

Beautiful! You are so good at putting things together.

Susan P. said...

Oh, I just love your beautiful display! It is like a breath of fresh air and such a wonderful treat for the eyes! I have a particular fondness for ironstone,too, and the tulips look like they have found a perfect "home!" Happy, happy Spring!

Susie Q said...

Oh I have such a Bunny Fever and, at this time of year, it is so hard to pass up a really sweet one. I love your tablescape..how lovely all your things are! Adore your bunnies!
I am just getting mine in place a bit at a time.
LOVE that chest they all sit on! : )
Your home is so beautiful...you have real eye for display.
Hugs,
Sue

Lallee said...

Rhoda, what a wonderful blog you have. I found you via Southern Heart and Gracious Hospitality. Your vignette is wonderful--love the French flare. Careful though~rabbits have a way of reproducing rapidly ;-) I've added your blog to my list of links to visit.

Warmest regards,
Lallee

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I just found your blog, I love it! Thanks for sharing your lovely home. I especially enjoyed your spring and Bunny vignette.

You have encouraged me to decorate a little for spring inside the house.

Thanks! Lidy

violetlady said...

I just found your blog and love it. I also love bunnies and I see by the comments many other ladies do. Now that I have seen your lovely display, it has convinced me to get out the rabbits and display mine. A lot are stuffed and it is hard to keep my poodle from thinking they are his toys. Happy Spring!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Hi!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Your collection of Spring decorations is lovely!

Sadie Olive said...

I too love your display. I can't beleive I don't have any Easter decor?!!? I'm going to have to run out and buy some now that you have inspired me.