Friday, March 9, 2007

Rub N Buff is good stuff!


















So, I've had this letter hanging in my office space...I think I picked it up at TJ Maxx a long time ago. It was gold & I decided it would look a lot better if it was darker. Got out the RNB in Spanish Copper & here's the darker version...I think it looks a lot better now. Not quite as loud & glitzy....a good thing.

Since I was at it, I got out the Antique White RNB I've had laying around & put it to work on my new iron birds...just thought they needed a bit of antiquing to stay where I wanted to put them, which is on my foyer chest. They look sort of blue in the pic, but they are really a whitish antique. If you haven't tried Rub N Buff, get yourself a few tubes & have some fun!







Posted by Picasa

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 friends stopped by:

Southern Heart said...

That is a great product! Both of your projects look great---I just love those birds...

PAT said...

Hi Rhoda...The birds and your initial look great. I'm going to have to try rub n buff, sometime.

I like your new header!

Pat

CG said...

Your header is good!! Yeah..love that rub-n-buff stuff. It's a staple around here.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the rest of the gals, RNB looks good on your projects! I will have to try it some time.
Also, I was wondering if you could run a pic of your sister -- now that we have seen your mom and dad.
Btw, with this blogging becoming such a craze, I think I'll have to try it myself. Was it fairly easy to figure out how to do it?

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Congrats on getting the banner up. I was out all day and came by late to see if you had played with it or needed help, and you were all done.

I'm not sure if I ever heard of that rub-n-buff stuff. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks, ladies for stopping by...I appreciate each & every comment.

Donna, have we met before..I'm wondering which Donna you are since I know some from other sites, or did you just stumble on my blog?? Thanks for stopping by! I probably have a pic of my sister & niece I can post, so I'll have to dig one up. Blogs are fun, although it can be a bit confusing getting started & figuring out how to do everything. Some nice gals have helped me out a lot when I got stuck. It helps to have a pretty good knowledge of computer stuff.

DonnaC, yep, I got it figured out, although Christy gave me some help & I ended up doing mine differently than she did, so this blog stuff can really be confusing. I think I'm happy with my banner for now! O yeah, you'll have to get some RNB, LOL!

Rhoda

Carol Bennett said...

Rhoda, your letter and the birds look so good!I think your birds are prettier than mine!lolI'm going to work on mine also. I want to fix a banner on my blog, can you help me?
Carol
Come visit me!
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try Rub 'N Buff. I love the finish on the pieces you used it on.

That Girl Ang said...

Got 'em & LOVE 'em! lol

It certainly IS some good stuff!