Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My New Online Shop!


I don't think I've ever posted 2 posts in one day, but wanted to put this one out there too about my new little online shop. Don't miss the one below this too!

Sorry everyone! I think I've fixed both links, so you should be able to get in with either one now. Darn html!

My new venture has begun! After getting some positive feedback from many of you on how to begin selling & some more information on possibly getting an antique booth from several sources, I decided to open up a little shop & link it from my blog. This will be a little shop offering things I pick up at yardsales & thrifting that I can't use, so will pass on to you. I'll keep the costs low & the shipping charges as low as possible, so that it will benefit all of us. I've started with 3 pages (10 items so far) & will add to it as I get more things. All you have to do if you're interested in something is email me (my email is listed on my blog & on the shop page). It will be a first come, first served basis on claiming things. I'll be happy to take additional pics or answer any questions on something you might be interested in. These things are all used, so please keep that in mind. There will be some wear & tear on items & I will try to keep the descriptions accurate. This is a fun thing that I really enjoy doing, so I really hope that it takes off & works! Now keep in mind, this is not a fancy site, like I've seen on so many blogs. This is a simple little website. I'll also put a link directly on my blog.

I'll see how this goes & hopefully will be able to expand & add more items along the way. There are plenty of yardsales & thrifting that I can do around my area, so I hope to have some interesting things to share. Please check it often & I will try to add things weekly.



Southern Hospitality Vintage Shop



So, there you have it! Please come by & take a peek. You might find something you just have to have!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

37 friends stopped by:

PAT said...

Good idea Rhoda! But, I can't get the link to work for me.

We're on our way to the surgeon for some pre-op things this morning, (J is scheduled for rotator cuff sugery on Monday). I'll check back when we return home, this afternoon.

Good luck with your venture!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Jill said...

Wow...what a great venture this will be Rho. Good for you!! With your eye for style and nose for a bargain what could be better.

Ohh like Pat said the link didn't work for me either. It looks like there is an extra "http://" in the url.

Again Congrats!!
Jill

Carol Bennett said...

Rhoda, love all your "finds"! I bookmarked the shop so I hope to find a treasure for myself there soon! Good luck with your new venture!
Carol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took the plunge, Rhoda! I can't get the link to open, though:( I'll check back later today and maybe it will be fixed.

Cheryl Wray said...

I clicked and couldn't get there! (Sigh!) Can't wait to see what you have!!

Rosemary said...

Hi Rhoda,
Congrats on your little shop!
I can't wait to check it out.
I love your blog so much.
Rosemary

It's a Mom Thing said...

It looks great, Rhoda! I see a few things I want already. Will have to talk to the bank (hubby) first. I can't wait to keep an eye on what's for sale in your shop.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Just lovely Rhoda ! Right now you have to navigate by the link at the top right ...
I am excited for you...

Southern Heart said...

Try the link on her sidebar...I think that one is working.

Rhoda, good for you! I love your shop, and I'm sure you'll have great success!! It's funny you did this today; M just mentioned to me yesterday (when we were cleaning out a closet) that I should find a way to resell some of the "stash". I may have to try to figure out how to do that myself.

I hope that you enjoy your new venture!

Love, Andrea

Barbara said...

Link not working for me either.

Adriann said...

Rhoda,

Great idea!!! You have some wonderful finds in the store.

Thank you for stopping by to visit and sharing your warm Southern Hospitality.

You are one classy lady!

Blessings,
Adriann

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Congratulations on your new shop :)

I know it will just be filled slap up with great things :)

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Rhoda

I got there just fine by clicking on the sidebar. I hate others have had trouble getting there though. It looks wonderful and I'm sure you'll do great. It's a good way for you to have fun doing what you love and maybe make a few dollars to go shopping for more!

Kat

PAT said...

Stopping back by, Rhoda. I clicked the link in the sidebar and it worked great!

You're offering some great things!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda....

Good luck....I too could not get through....will try the sidebar.

Kathy =)

KLKinFLA said...

Best of luck in your shop! I couldn't get the link to open either, but will check back.
Karen

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! I'm so excited. I have my first customer already today. I really am excited by this & hope it might be an outlet for my creativity & a way to make a little extra money. I love doing this & this will make it all the more fun. I have to pass up so many neat things that I haven't had room for & now I can get them & pass them on to all of you! How great will that be?

I really appreciate all the supportive comments & look forward to all the fun ahead.

xoxo,
Rhoda

Lallee said...

Rhoda, I hope you will be very successful and have a fun time with this venture. Congratulations!

Tracey said...

This is so awesome! I went and visited and will check in often!

Anonymous said...

Love your shop! Best of luck with it :)

Morgan said...

Congratulations, Rhoda! What a fun venture~ I think you'll enjoy doing that alot...I already see things I *need* in your shop! I'm about to head out to an estate sale in a minute though...so if I don't spend all my pennies, I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

How exciting Rhoda! Good for you for getting this going - I need to do something like this too, just haven't had much time to go at it yet - will certainly LOVE shopping at your place though! It looks wonderful so far!
xo,
Kim

Tonja said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Good for you! I hope this will be a fun venture for you. I'll keep check.

Sandy said...

Good for you, Rhoda! What a fun little biz you have going there!
Congrats.
Sandy

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

OOh I can't wait to check it out- I'm off there now! Good luck with your new venture!!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,

Three cheers for your wonderful new vintage site!!!! Just perfect and I will visit often.

Hugs,

Carol

Betty said...

I checked out the vintage shop and will return regularly......this sounds like something I need to do...I have lots of extra things that I can't use now....

Thanks for the visit and comment about my 'bloomers'....Betty

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You have fabulous taste and always find wonderful things, so I'm sure you'll be very successful with your online venture. Love the name and the site looks great, it's very easy to navigate. This is so exciting!

Manuela

CG said...

oh..this is going to be fun! You always find such great things.

Sue said...

Rhonda,
Love the house tour and can't wait to have a few minutes to scour them more closely, especially since you have made them enlargeable, love that.
Congrats! on your shop. I'm sick I missed the hobnail cream and sugar.
Also, I'm not sure of the blog etiquette on posting links, but I put your adorable blog in my favorites link but I can't get it to work. Any tips?
Much luck with your new shop.
Sue

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! Will check back often! Bonnie

Kim -today's creative blog said...

what a wonderful blog you have with so much eye candy! Love it, can't wait to look around more.
Thanks for leaving me a comment on my Creative Blogs.

Sadie Olive said...

Very cute! Now I can shop the flea markets in your area via you! :) Love it!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Rhoda, just wanted to wish you luck on your new adventure!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations Rhoda! I'm sure you will do well. I'll have to go take a peek and see what's left! lol

Anonymous said...

Rhoda -- hoping to buy the sampler with "seeds and flowers" saying on it! Could you let me know just how much shipping will be???

siberry@earthlink.net

Jan x (teacats) at Rosemary Cottage

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How fun, Rhoda!! I wish you so much success....and now you will have every EXCUSE to buy lots of great things.lol


wishing you a lovely week, full of the best garage sales and "deals" and steals!
Lidy