Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pecan Pie Mini Muffins

Y'all are gonna love this one, I promise! We had an absolutely wonderful breakfast a few weeks ago at work. One of the guy's mother is a great cook & wanted to bring us all breakfast! How could we refuse that sweet deal? One of the things she brought was these little muffins. I didn't even taste them until the end of breakfast, when one of the girls was raving about them. OMGosh! They are delicious...you will love me for sharing them with you. Go...get the stuff you need & buy yourself a mini-muffin pan like I had to do. These are about the best thing you could put in your mouth! I'm not kidding...and we love our pecans down here in the South. Pecans make anything taste better.
Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins

1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup butter - melted
2 eggs beaten

Mix all together & spoon in mini-muffin pan. Bake at 350* for approx. 12-15 mins. They should slide right out of a non-stick pan.

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks, Sheryl from MI for pointing out the butter error!! Fractions have never been my strong suit, LOL. I should have just left it at 2/3 cup butter & not tried to figure out the sticks. Mine turned out fine anyway, but yeah...less butter is better, haa-haaa! I made more of these today! So, how do you figure 2/3 cup butter anyway?? Now, I need to find out. I usually look on the butter label & figure it from there. They have it in TBL & I know 1 stick is 1/2 cup...I need a math whiz to figure this one out. I can ask my hubby & he'll know.
It will look pretty soupy when you mix it up, but I promise they will bake up just right. How easy is that recipe?
This recipe makes 2 dozen mini-muffins. They are so scrumptious, you might want to double the recipe, cause you will grab one everytime you walk by them....I'm NOT kidding! These would be perfect for a brunch.
I guarantee you these will not make it 24 hours in our house. And I was right, they were all gone in one day. You tell yourself...they're tiny little things! Ha-haaaa! (there's my hydrangea blooms that I dried). So, you keep grabbing them up & popping them in your mouth, til they are all gone.

You might as well just get in the car & go to the store now and you will thank me later...I'm happy to share it with all my friends. Go! What are you waiting for?

*******************************************
Debra over at The Bunnies' Bungalow has tagged me for a middle name meme. Now I have to think...and it's really late for that right now. Thanks, Debra!! Yours was short & very clever. I'm not feeling very clever right now, but I'll come up with something.

So this meme works this way (condensed version). *You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name.*If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.* At the end of your post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.

M - Married, with no children of my own.

A - Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies.

R - Reading is one of my favorite things to do.

I - Ice Cream is on my short list of yummy things to eat...remember Bruster's?

E - Eating, are we talking about food again...oh yeah! See above recipe...'nuff said.

I think I'm gonna be a rebel again & not tag anyone. If you want to play, feel free! I see several others have been tagged already.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

37 friends stopped by:

Adriann said...

Rhoda!

You are killing me!! I've gained at least 10lbs since reading your blog. LOL!!! I love the recipes that you share. Um, um, good...

Anonymous said...

Those muffins look gorgeous. Yum! Thanks for the recipe.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Rhoda,
I stop by to just say hi and see what you are up to, and you're feeding me some yummy muffins!
Those look good, especially with pecans.
Donna

Simply Me Art said...

Looks Delicious, I am going to book mark and make these Puppies, Thanks Rhoda for sharing....

Suzanne said...

Yum! Those look so good! And it's too late to be thinking about food!...but I DO have one of those tiny muffin tins, hmmmm? :)

Unknown said...

Rhoda! Congrats on beening featured! I love the photos that she showed...do you love rabbits or what? ME TOO! I love them. My birthday is in April and there are times when it falls on Easter! I LOVE bunnies! Now that I have new house I can grow in my population of rabbits and bunnies! LOL!
Congrats again! And the receipe sounds divine!

oak wind farm said...

OMGosh! My hubby will love thsoe little muffins! Pecan pie is his all-time favorite dessert!
Your pictures are enough to make me want to take a bite of the screen! :)
Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Carolyn

Niesz Vintage Home said...

I LOVE anything with pecans! The muffin recipe sounds like a winner to me.

I'll make them this weekend.

Kimberly :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh yum! Love your story about Sophie. Thanks for letting us go to your garage sales! How fun! Laurie

tammi said...

Oooo, those muffins sound SO good!! WAY up north here in Canada, however, pecans are super expensive, so I'll have to wait for a special occasion!

Anonymous said...

You are right about lovin pecans in the south! Growing up my g-mom had a huge pecan tree we put pecans in everything. I will definitely try this recipe!

Michelle said...

The muffins look especially delicious - can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing :) Enjoy your weekend!

Betty said...

Rhoda,

The pecan muffins look delicious. Yesterday for lunch I grilled hot dogs and did your sauce....de===lish==ous.. Last night we were in a hurry to grab a bit and my husband gladly grilled them again...he said the sauce would be good on anything......thanks......

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
I was just looking for an excuse to buy a mini muffin pan.
I am going to go out later and get everything. Those look amazingly good.
I love your middle name game. I don't have a middle name, so I don't have to worry about it.
Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for the recipe.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,
Oh, my husband is going to love these. My thighs already hate them.
You are a dear to share such yummy things. Next time could you share some of your exercise tips so we can work some of this off!?
Melissa

willzmom said...

These sound so great-and I have a mini muffin pan! Oh no, now I'm gonna HAVE to make them.

Cathy said...

Yummmmy! I'll have to add this recipe to my file.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Okay I'll make them on thursday! If I can wait that long...I have company coming for b'fast that day.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I love pecan pie so I can't wait to try these muffins...thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Girl, how do you stay so slim? Oh these look delicious! I will definitely try to make these ASAP!
Thank you for the recipe!

xo,
Kim

Cape Cod Washashore said...

YUM! Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Rhoda,

Oh my, those look way too good! I am so glad that it sounds like you are working in a fun place, with breakfast brought in sometimes.
Happy for you.
Wishing you a wonderful 3 day weekend.
Lidy

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy. . .about those muffins. . .I'm gonna try them!! But isn't one stick of butter 1/2 cup and then 1/2 stick would be 1/4 cup? . . . so one and 1/2 stick of butter would be too much. That would be 3/4 cup instead of 2/3. So, it would be healthier with less butter, well that's what I'm telling myself anyways!!!! LOL
Blessings,

Justabeachkat said...

I've been out of town, so I'm playing "catch up" tonight on my blog reading. It's been fun seeing what you've been up to. The muffins sound so yummy so I'll be trying this recipe soon for sure. It's wonderful you got to meet BooMama in person. She's one of my favs too. It brought back memories of when we met. Loved reading your middle name meme too.

Hugs!
Kat

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

Looks DEELISSSSHH! I'm about to drool...think I AM going to have to get the ingredients for this one...and yes you are right about the pecans in the south...this sounds like a wonderful sweet potato casserole I make every year at Thanksgiving...it's a huge hit...and it taste more like a dessert than a vegetable...cos it has real butter, brown sugar, AND PECANS...let me know if you think you may want the recipe...email me...and I'll email it back to you....

Thanks for sharing...by the way...my sisters middle name is Marie as were both of my grandmothers...it's a great name! She's Laura Marie...she got the best name of the 2 of us...but I got better hair!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love delicious recipes like this that are simple.Thank you for sharing.I'm gonna have to try them once I get my oven fixed!I had a question about your counters in your kitchen,I noticed they were the same tile you used on your backsplash,is it hard to keep clean with the grout n'all? I've been wanting to add tile for the backsplash but never thought of putting on the counters as well,it looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Oops!I forgot to add that I've been lurking for quite a while now and this is my first time posting a comment(2nd now)so,HELLO from Texas!I love to look at the slide show of your home,it's beautiful!Sometimes it's hard to explain to my husband what it is I want done in a room so I'm glad I have your pictures to show him.

Diane said...

Hi Rhoda. The recipe sounds great! Can't wait to try it. Sounds soooo simple and that is my kind of recipe :) Thanks for sharing, Diane

OldBagNewTricks said...

Your muffins look fabulous... I use that little muffin tin for minin quiche... add these muffins and we now have a lovely brunch. Thank you -- this recipe is on my list for tomorrow. Wish you could come.

Jenny

CG said...

I've had those muffins and they are delicious!!

Ruth Welter said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe Rhoda, these look delicious.

Anonymous said...

Those muffins would last about 10 minutes in my house. I love pecan pie!

Michelle said...

Just stopped by your blog and I'll be making these muffins for my family. I spent a lot of my childhood years in B'ham and our oldest daughter was born at Ft. Rucker.

Your home is beautiful! I love going to yard sales and thrift stores too.

Rhonda said...

I needed a quick dessert this weekend so we tried your recipe. DD was here to help with the cooking. We made them exactly as you wrote and we also topped each unbaked muffin with a native (tiny) pecan half.
They were a big hit and so pretty.

But I am dieting and down 24 pounds so I only smelled them this time :)

Thanks for the recipe, it is a keeper.

Vonda said...

Wow Rhoda, you are popular with this bloggin' stuff...I've got to try these little muffins...I'm sure they are great! -V

ShabbyInTheCity said...

okay i'm going right now into the kitchen to make these :)
I actually have this recipe ...my friend calls it 'coffin nails' and makes them in bar shapes then dusts them with powdered sugar!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Out of the oven and in my mouth!!! Now how fast was that? Yumm yummmm.