Sunday, September 2, 2007

On the Yardsale Road Again....

There wasn't much out there on Saturday, since it's Labor Day weekend, but I did hit about 3 sales close to my house. I always get excited when I find nice clothes in my size & today was a good day for that. Found this cute Banana Republic top for $1.00. It's really cute & will be good for going out, not necessarily church or work, but it was too cute to pass up.
This Jones New York dress was $3.00 and fits perfectly. I'll be able to wear it to church or work.
These cute seersucker blue/white capris are from Ann Taylor & they were $3.00. All in perfect, near new condition...you just can't beat deals like this!

Now, this might now look like much to jump up & down over, but I was very excited about this laundry hamper find! I have been on the lookout for a new laundry hamper to hold our dirty clothes. I had one that broke a couple of months ago & I knew if I waited long enough, I'd find just the right thing. And I did...for $4.00. It's really cool. The black bag is velcroed onto the silver bars at the top, so you can take it off & wash it. The bars hang onto the X frame piece (which will stay in the closet). When I get ready to do laundry, I just take the 2 bars off with bag attached & drag my laundry down to the laundry room, empty it & then put it back in place. How neat is that? Fits in the closet perfectly for both our dirty clothes. It has a couple of small tears in the fabric at the seam top, but I'll get my mom to sew those up for me. She's good at that!
So, here's a couple more things that I saw today that might peak your interest too. This huge 8x10 rug was $50, great condition. The guy said his wife was a teacher & had used it in her classroom last year with an animal theme going on. Can you belive I passed up the pillows too? I have no more room!! If you remember, I have 2 smaller rugs just like these in one of my guestbaths. I think this rug would be SO cute in a sunroom.
Several Southern Living Cook books. Didn't get these either.
Whole shelf of dishes & misc. things.
Lamps & linens.

It's always fun & even if I find only a couple of neato things, I'm always excited to see what I'll run into. I'm almost as excited about the hamper as I was about the kitchen chandelier...well, not quite. Speaking of that...the kitchen chandelier is UP & it looks fantastic...I just adore it! I promise I'll show you next week, so please come back. The green dangly beads are staying, but you probably already guessed that. :) I'll have an update on work too next week & will share my office space with you! We have a lot of fun things going on at work that I'll tell you about.

I also wanted to mention that I hope ya'll will feel free to email me about any questions you might have on anything! Really...I'm happy to hear from you, so please let me know if you have questions or comments.


Monica, you asked me about the tile in my kitchen on the Muffin post & since you don't have a blog or account listed, I can't email you back, so I'll answer it here. The previous owner tiled the counters & backsplash & while I love the backsplash & the tumbled marble tile, I really hate the tumbled marble on the counters. It's way too pitted & uneven to be good for countertops...fine for a backsplash, but not so great for counters. If you do decide to do some sort of tile, I'd recommend granite tiles. I did that in my last kitchen & they looked great! They install pretty much the same way regular tile would go & they really wear well with minimal grout. I'll eventually change out my counters to something that is smooth...hopefully granite, granite tiles or some sort of solid surface.


Hope ya'll are having a fun-filled Labor Day weekend. We aren't doing much of anything this weekend. Enjoy your last fling of the summer!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

29 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

Oh I bet you are over the moon with your finds! Adore the clothes but LOVE the hamper! I too, need to find something like that. Great photos!

tammi said...

Great finds once again! I could feel your heart breaking over the rug as I read! That must have been so tough to leave.

Just curious, do you explain to people why you're taking pictures in stores and garage sales? Do people realize all the great publicity they're getting on your blog?!

Thanks again for a great tour!

Rosemary said...

Rhoda,
Great finds as usual. You always seem to find good stuff.
I went out yesterday and bought a mini muffin pan. Can't wait to try your recipe. I am waiting for it to cool off a bit.
Thanks for always sharing with us.
Have a great rest of the long weekend.
Rosemary

PAT said...

We've been busily working on our garage sale, the past several days. I think we have all the apparel finished. Tomorrow we're working on household.
Lots of infant girl clothing and lots of Pat clothing!!
We're down to getting our "merchandise" organized on tables. Fortunately our neighbor owns a shop, so we've been able to use nice racks and tables. It's been a lot of work, but I think we'll have a good sale.

You got some great things this weekend!
Pat

KristenfromNY said...

You are the queen of awesome garage sale finds, Rhoda. Your blog is great...from the finds, decorating and recipes...I love it!

Deb said...

Great finds again this week! Garage Sales will be winding down in our area :-{
I've jotted down your Pecan Pie Mini Muffin recipe which looks delicious!!

Cathy said...

I would have had a hard time leaving the SL books behind. Great deal on the clothes!

Unknown said...

I usually lurk here and I love your blog. I love to garage sale and consider myself a thrifty person. My problem is, it seems I can't find anything worth picking up. If I do, people have it overpriced. Do you pay attention to certain types of neighborhoods more than others?

Morgan said...

OMGosh! That rug is so me! I would have jumped for joy on the spot if I'd have found it...especially since I *need* a new one for my living room...if you ever see one again like that for such a good price, please let me know, LOL. I'd be happy to pay for shipping and your trouble. I'll email you my phone number, just in case!!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have a coffee table just like you do, I will take a picture of mine and put it in my blog.
I just love your blog design!!! Did you do it yourself?
Have a blessed day Ginger

Anonymous said...

I have not seen so much stuff in a while. All of it is nice. I wonder what your hubby says?

Lizzie said...

i love the cookbooks! do you find those inexpensively and often? if so could you be my personal shopper???

the dress is lovely- and i covet that blouse!

Anonymous said...

Oh, can you go back and pick up that rug for me LOL! I would have snatched it up for sure. Love that BR top and that Jones NY dress at $3 is amazing. You really do have the best garage sales around you!
Manuela

Jen Kershner said...

Hey there Rhoda! You just have the very best garage sale luck of anyone! Love everything you found. I didn't realize you've gone back to work. How did I miss that? Are you working full time? I hope you found something you are enjoying.

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, You and your garage sale finds! I think you should market yourself in a new career as a personal garage sale shopper! I bet people would hire you for that. You find such great deals!

Melissa

oak wind farm said...

Nice finds Rhoda! And I agree with you about yard saling. It's fun even if you don't find anything.

Betty said...

Rhoda,

How sweet you are to visit and leave such a wonderful birthday greeting...

I like your 'find' from last weekend....Betty

Debra from Bungalow said...

That rugs speaks to me! I'd love to find a bargain like that! I never find any nice clothes like you do.

Just curious, what's the link top left? Is that where you work, Ms Rhoda Marie?

I'm not into Halloween all that much but I like fall decorating. The witches stuff won't be out long. My H's gkids love it.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Love the Banana Republic top! It's just my style! That's the bad thing about always, and almost only, going to estate sales. No current, stylish clothes to buy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda. Just wanted to let you know I made the pecan pie muffins and you were right... they are wonderful. Hubby loves them, too :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. diane

Anonymous said...

Wow! You passed up that great rug! Don't you just love it when you have something in your mind and when you finally find it you gasp! The clothes look fabulous too! Great finds!

Simply Me Art said...

Rhoda, You did Great for a Holiday weekend. You are always finding good things. Jamie

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to do that on your post,I forgot to leave you my email,but thank you for answering my question,you've been very helpful.
Monica

Justabeachkat said...

Love the Banana Republic top! Very cute.

Hugs!
Kat

cherry said...

Awesome finds! You scored on the clothing. I enjoyed going on the rd. with you again. lol, cherry

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love to go thrifting with you, I think you did a great job on the clothes and I love all your great pictures.
Thanks for sharing. :) Bren

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Hello Rhoda,
I just wanted to let you know I posted a picture of my coffe table if you want to take a peak. I wanted to thank-you for the link to the snippet for the daily word. I hope you don't mind I love having that on my blog.
Thank-you

Vonda said...

Oh my word, Rhoda...Ann Taylor britches for $3.00...you've got to be kidding! Oh I just love Ann Taylor clothes and they don't have those stores in Germany! Love ya -V

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda~ you are something else! You find the greatest things.
My daughter has just moved into a 1400 sq ft loft. We need to come hang with you to find some neet stuff.
I'd never get her up early enough in the morning.