Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday! I'm a December baby, born 3 weeks before Christmas which is sometimes bad when people tend to forget or lump your birthday all in with the Christmas presents. I don't mind having a birthday this month though. Nothing special planned, as my hubby is traveling, so we'll celebrate when he comes back. Thought I'd let all of you know so you can sing Happy Birthday to me...it's not fun to celebrate by yourself! Come and have some cake with me as we look around the kitchen at some more Christmas cheer. I'll even make some coffee for us to go with the cake!
(click to enlarge all pics)

Above my sink in the kitchen is a little shelf with my green bunny dishes. This makes a perfect spot to add some Christmas color. The hanging crystal ornaments came from Big Lots several year ago & I finally got the inspiration to add some pretty ribbons to them & they look really sparkly in the light.

The handpainted "R" ornament was given to me by a friend last year, as was the handpainted candlesticks (given to me years ago by one of my best friends in GA, Wanda) which are serving duty holding a lime green glass ornament.
Vintage skinny Santa was also handpainted by an old friend. I think he's adorable.
He makes me smile everytime I get him out this time of year. The pretty sparkly lime green ornament hanging front & center came from a yardsale this year.


You can see the Michael W. Smith link on my sidebar. I was lucky enough to win a free Christmas CD from his promotion group, so I wanted to tell you it's a really beautiful Christmas CD that I think you'd enjoy. I think if you click the link, you can hear some of the music.

Happy Holidays!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

74 friends stopped by:

Kathleen Grace said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! Thank you for sharing, yet another, pretty corner of your home:>) I hope you have a wonderful birthday today!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda! I love those green plates and skinny Santas! Stop over at PlumWater Cottage's 100th Post Giveaway...maybe you'll be the lucky winner since it's your birthday...

Steph said...

Happy, happy birthday! Love your decorations!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RHODA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you have a fabulous day!
You are a blessing to this blog community!

Smiles,
Sandy

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

Please go ahead and cut me a piece of cake......I love icing so I would like a rose in my slice! Thank you!

Fran

Alice said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Rhoda! I hope the coming year brings you lots of everything you love.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda! Hope you enjoy every single minute of your special day! (I would have sent you an e-card but I don't have your address :)

Your kitchen looks so festive and lovely!

Midwest Nest said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and a nice celebration once your husband returns.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda! Today is my youngest son's birthday, too.

Love the kitchen decorations - oh so pretty. I'm getting such a kick out of seeing all of these decorations on everyone's blogs. December is the prettiest month on the calendar, as far as I'm concerned.

Happy Birthday again - I hope you have a wonderful one!

Kari

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda. Thank you for sharing your day to day life with all of us. Eat some cake for me. Laura

linda t said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda!!!
I know what you mean... my birthday is next week and I made sure my kids were not born in December!
Hope you and your hubs have a wonderful time when he gets back. You deserve the best!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Rhoda! You're not alone - all your blogging friends are with you in spirit!

Sandi McBride said...

Happy Birthday! I'll take just a thin slice of that delightful looking cake...my favorite it is the skinny Santa...I have a skinny snowman...your kitchen is enchanting! Again, Happy happy Birthday!!!

Terri Steffes said...

Happy birthday dear Rhoda! I love your green plates and you are 100% correct in saying they make a great background for christmas!

I hope your day is one filled with happiness and joy!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!

Hugs and love,
Kat

Leah said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda! I hope your special day is wonderful!

Merry Christmas,

~ Leah

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday Dear Rhodie! Stopped by to visit you on your special day and see that you've already shared that it's your big day! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda - Hope you have an absolutely marvelous birthday!

Lamp Tramp said...

Many happy birthday wishes to you. Hope you day is perfect. Love you Christmas decorations, can't wait to see more...

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Well, happy birthday, girlfriend! We're almost exactly a week apart. A week and a few years. LOL I think I ventured into the world some time before you did.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday Dear Rhonda. happy birthday to you.
And many more!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Happy Birthday, friend :-) Enjoy this day and everyone to come!

Priscilla said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Bithday to you dear rhoda! I also celebrate my birthday in december, the 10th. I enjoy having all the christmas decor up on my birthday and everyone in high spirits.....Your kitchen looks wonderul,

Priscilla x

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Happy Birthday!!! That display is lovely. My husband and Dad both have their birthdays next week, too! Happy Birthday, Birthday, Birthday!
~Angela :-)

Cécile said...

Rhoda, It's all just fabulous. I clicked on all your pictures, so i could see all the wonderful detail. You do such a great job arranging things like garage sale finds with your other stuff.

Happy Birhtday and St. Nicolas day as well!

Ceci

Anonymous said...

Rhoda darling, we haven't forgotten it's your special day over in my forum! Log in and you'll see all the messgaes.
Happy birthday to a beautiful blogger!

http://cherrymenloveforum.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion


Cherry Menlove

Anonymous said...

Yuck!
What a hideous typo I left in my previous comment.
Apologies!

Cherry Menlove

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda!!
I know what you mean, my poor husband's birthday is Dec. 29, and people have been lumping them together his whole life. I try to do something special for him.
I am having a giveaway for my 100th post. Come see!
Rosemary

PAT said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda!

Pat

Donna said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.
I love all of your green bunny dishes! Great decorations!
Donna

antique quilter said...

Happy Birthday!
I LOVE your green plates they are just so adorable.
oh and the santa is wonderful too...
thanks for sharing parts of your home again.
have a great day and can I have a cup of coffee with my piece of cake?
kathie

Anonymous said...

How charming your little shelf looks all decked out for Christmas. I had a shelf above my sink very similar to yours in my last house. Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad we are here to share it with you. The cake looks delish!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh man, I wish I'd known!!!!
Happy, Happy Birthday dear Rhoda! I hope you enjoy your special day and I know your hubby probably has something fabulous planned for you when he gets back. You'll get to celebrate twice, how fun is that!

Very pretty Christmas touch in your kitchen. I love the hanging sparkling ornaments!

xoxo,
Manuela

ocean mommy said...

Happy Happy birthday!!! I'm a December baby too. (the 13th, yes I was born on Friday the 13th.) I hope your day is filled with good coffee, good cake and lots of non Christmas related birthday gifts!!!! Just kidding....I love Christmas themed gifts. :)

Blessings!
steph.

Angela said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you:-).
Love your kitchen decor. Just wonderful.. May you have many, many more wonderful Birthdays!!!

BellaColle said...

Oh Happy Happy Birthday to you!
so glad I stopped by today!
I'm a December baby too...31st to be exacr.I now how it is..kind of brushed off.
My son's is the 17th of this month.
Hope your day is happy!
love the "Green Bunny"
hugs.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! My dh and son both have Dec. birthdays, so I know how they can get overlooked by others sometimes. I hope you enjoy yours to the fullest!!
:)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! Please celebrate responsibly LOL. I don't know where that phrase came from, just sorta popped into my head. Must be time for some wine:>) for your birthday.
Janet

Jean said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda! I came over from Kat's. Sorry I didn't get to meet you this past weekend at the "B" Club. Hopefully next time it will suit me to join.

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Birthdays! Your home is looking very lovely for the Holiday Season!

Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage (Teacats!)

Southern Heart said...

Happy Birthday, Rhoda!! :) I love your kitchen decorations---your whole house is festive, isn't it? Michael W Smith is one of our favorites (we have his older CD, and I think I have one of his songs on my blog list, too). I will have to look this one up.

I hope that you have a perfect day today!

xo

Debra from Bungalow said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! I'll have a cup of coffee with my cake.
Hugs, Debrak

shelbi said...

a very big birthday hug to you today! my hubby is a december baby too! (they saved the best for the last month of the year, i always like to say!)

lots of chocolate frosting on your cake wishes!!!

xoxo
shelbi

ps, i found you via justabeachkat's blog :)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Rhodaaaaaaaa,
Happy Birthday tooooo Youuuuuuuuu!

Have a wonderful new year of life!

Nunnie's Attic said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHODA!! You are such a sweet person, I would love to be there with you celebrating. Plus it's bound to be warmer there! Hope you have a wonderful birthday. And I love your vignettes.

Love,
Julie

Tonja said...

Hapy Birthday, friend. Hope today was all you wished for...and hope the coming year is full of only goodness and love.

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda!!! Would love a slice of cake and cup of coffe with you.

I just have to tell you that when I looked at the pictures on Kat's blog of the BBB get together you look like a model! Very pretty and quite photogenic you are!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! I hope you had a wonderful day. And I love the look of the green plates and the skinny santa, the combo looks great!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Happy birthday, beautiful Rhoda! It's my daughter's birthday, too; she's 30 today, just like you! I hope you are blessed with abundant happiness all through this year of your life's journey. Beautiful holiday pics! Festive and fun and such nice special treats throughout.
Hugs,
Rose

Kitty Forseth said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda!

I hope that you are waited upon hand and foot all day long :).

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice message!

Enjoy your special day.

Birthday wishes and Chocolate dreams!

~Kitty

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you've had a great day, dear one. I love all your green fixed up with splashes of red and the santas.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! My son and husband both have birthdays in December also! Hope your day was happy :-)
Amy

Free Art Printables said...

Happy Birthday! 27 creeps up on you fast doesn't it???

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

happy happy birthday dear rhoda...happy birthday to you...blessings, rebecca

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

cybersentiments to the birthday girl!
Roses for Rhoda Rosy.

Tracey said...

Wish we would have known sooner and we would have celebrated your birthday when we were all together last weekend!

Sorry hubby is away, but I'm sure he'll make it up to you in a very special way!!!

Happy Birthday, my friend!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Rhonda, Happy Birthday to you!

I love your green bunny plates and they look so festive with the other holiday items!
Penny

hogan said...

Happy Birthday to you Rhoda - hope you had a marvelous day!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! The house looks wonderful dressed up for Christmas!! Hope you had a great Birthday!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Rhoda!
I'm so glad I stopped by tonight so I could wish a Very Happy Birthday!

Looks like you've been really busy with all your decoration for Christmas. It was fun to see them again this year.
Donna

Essential Oil Premier University said...

A HAPPY, HAPPY, Birthday dear Rhoda. It's hard when the hubby is gone for your birthday. It happens to me every year. My hubs travels every week for his job. Take yourself out to dinner, bring a magazine, or book and celebrate YOU.

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! I'm so glad I didn't miss the party. See, you aren't alone after all, look at all of these wonderful friends that have dropped by to share your special day.

Thanks for sharing your lovely home. Have a Merry Christmas. Blessings to you and your family this coming year. Bette Jo

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, Happy Birthday to the sweetest blogger on line!
I always feel like I'm sharing a cup of coffee with you when I read your blog...pass me the cake please! NYMary

Betty said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rhoda,
I do wish you peace, joy and happiness.....my Daddy's birthday was December 18th. He laughingly said, " I always got a pair of gloves, the left one for my birthday and the right one for Christmas!"

I like your shelf and all the pretty things on it.....Betty

Lallee said...

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date" said the rabbit. Rhoda, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was wonderful.

Your green bunnies mix in wonderfully with the red Santas. I was looking at the pink version of some of these dishes last week but left them at the store. They were really tempting.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RHODA!!!!!!
I'm sending you big hugs and much love on your special, special day! You are such a gift to US - I hope you know how much you are loved!
xo,
Kim

OKGardners said...

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Rhoda,
Happy Birthday ... one day late... and MANY more!"

Betty in Oklahoma

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Rhoda! I'm so sorry I missed this post! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!! I hope it's the start of a wonderful year full of all your dreams coming true!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Dena said...

Oh Happy Birthday Rhoda! So sorry I'm a little late on the wishes. My Bday is on Christmas so I completely understand the lumping!

Hugs,
Dena

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Rhoda,
Happy Birthday dear, I'm just now catching up and realized I missed the special day. Hugs coming your way...and if there is a little piece of cake...well save some for me, that looks yummy.
Rose

Adriann said...

Happy Belated Birthday to ya!!! DS's is a December baby too.

The Cuban Soup look deelish!

Suzanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rhoda! Hope you had a fun celebration when hubby came home. My sis's is today....she doesn't like having her's so close to Christmas!

Susie Q said...

Oh Rhoda!! I am so sorry to be so late with my BD wishes!! I hope your day was a happy one. I KNOW you loved that house tour and being with good friends. Cheryl's house is spectacular!!
I so loved seeing your decorations from the kitchen. You always have the sweetest things and such lovely arrangements. YOU have THE knack!

Hugs and belated happy birthday wishes to a very special lady!

Hugs,
Sue